TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LA AutoShow

emailcm

Just got back from opening day at the LA Autoshow. I really don't like what they've done to the Mustang. I thought maybe in person it would change my opinion, but it made it worse. The rear is god-awful. I thought I would like the new interior as it appeared to have a more finished high-end material look and feel....but it just doesn't work for a Mustang. I have to say that the 05-09 is definitely a better Mustang. IMHO

Of course, fans of the 2010 will say we're just sour grapes about the new model, just like we felt of the Fox body folks when the 2005 design came out. Though I always felt the 05 Mustang and the 07 GT500 was lightning in a bottle. I always loved the 67-68 MY and the 05-09 was done right. I just had to get mine before the next version came. I couldn't be happier.

The new model is nice in its own right, just as the Fox body, but I really think ours is in its own class. I feel ours is still the instant classic.

When I saw the pictures of the 2010 Mustang, the rear end really stuck out....in a bad way. It really reminds me of the rear end on the old Toyota Celica, OMG, the rest of the exterior redesign is ok, but that rear end, it just doesn't fit the mystique of a muscle car. Where was the customer focus group on this design?

I saw a black GT at the Charlotte Auto Show last night. The interior is better, but the door panels are still the same plastic. Just the dash and center console materials were changed. The triangle door panel inserts with the pony on them looked good though. On the outside, the front and sides look good. The back end looks better in person, but the big black piece on the bottom still needs to be smaller IMO. The hips are great and both the front AND back end are pinched / angled inward. It does look smaller than the current car. There was a 2009 GT and 2009 Shelby close by and they were good for comparison. Also, for 2005-2009 owners, I think there will be some parts like the side mirrors that will retrofit onto our cars.

post-3252-1227369422_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227369449_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227369472_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227369422_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227369449_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227369472_thumb.jpg

I agreee, I'm glad that I have the 05-09 body style. I'm not sure what they we're thinking. It looks like they took the Italian design and combined it with our body styles, just my 2 cents on it. I can't wait to see the sales drop when it is available. Reminds me of the Mustang II in which nobody bought it. I hope Shelby redesigns it better!

I think it looks alright, but I hate the idea of buying a car and then just wanting to have parts of it painted. If I were to buy one mod #1 would be to paint the side skirts and the back bumper. On my current GT500 the black plastic doesn't bother me that much although I wish it were painted, but there's not nearly as much of it as on the 2010 car. I'll be interested to see what the aftermarket companies do with this car. We were told at the simulcast that the middle portion of the car has been unchanged and that just the front half and the rear end have been restyled, so that means that those mirrors should be able to be retro-fitted and any interior goodies, which personally is all that get's my attention at all.

Sorry but you need to go review 1973 Mustang sales numbers and then look at 1974 Mustang sales numbers.

Iaccoca was on top of his game in 1974 just as he was in 1964.

Steve

+1

IIRC "Boredom Zero" had the second highest sales number ever.........that little re-skinned pinto saved the mustang marque.......

Sorry but you need to go review 1973 Mustang sales numbers and then look at 1974 Mustang sales numbers.

Iaccoca was on top of his game in 1974 just as he was in 1964.

Steve

Correct, sales where in the top 4. I am not fond of the II too, but it saved the Mustang going on.

1966 607.568

1965 559.451

1967 472.121

1974 385.993

Archived