TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bold Moves 16

rpretzel

I'm not sure about the cause - but if it's cancer - don't get me started.

Five million people each year die of some sort of cancer.

G.W. declares war on "Terror" because 3,000 people lost their lives on 9.11.

We spend (are spending) billions on Iraq.

I want a War on Cancer - and MS - and Alzheimers - and Diabetes - and I'm getting more angry as I type this. j :censored: the :censored: ing space program - let's get everyone on Earth fed and healthy - and then go :censored: around in space.

Remember this next election. People in this country deserve more.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Rant is over.

Ruf is out of the building.

edit - sorry pretzel - this is one of my "buttons."

I want a War on Cancer - and MS - and Alzheimers - and Diabetes - and I'm getting more angry as I type this. j :censored: the :censored: ing space program - let's get everyone on Earth fed and healthy - and then go :censored: around in space.

Rant is over.

Whew RUFF for Pres.

Rant is over.

...until spring 05, cancer was kind of an academic thing for me. Never really touched our family or anyone close. Then the call you never want, my 86 year old mother (healthy in all aspects, mind and body-thought she might even outlive me) was diagnosed with uterine cancer; and after surgery and 3 weeks in the hospital, had the choice to die in a couple of months of lung cancer (this was a nasty agressive cancer that had spread) or struggle through chemo and still die of lung cancer in 6 or 7 months. What a set of crappy choices. Luckily, after 2 weeks in a care center, she died peacefully from what we think was a blood clot. Point of the story, is there is no reason for anyone to feel bad about being angry with cancer and its horrible impact. It is a fate you would never wish on anyone. Ruf, I agree with you that we can do better against this and other diseases. I don't think the problem is GWB, but the whole system that seems to respond to flavors of the month for dealing with any problems. We can just do a whole lot better with our medical research and treatment systems. We need to demand better. Not necessarily a nationalized system, but certainly a smarter and better focused system.

Archived