TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sarah Palin's Latest Press Conference

"On Thursday, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin appeared in Wasilla in order to pardon a local turkey in anticipation of Thanksgiving. This proved to be a slightly absurd but ultimately unremarkable event. But what came next was positively surreal. After the pardon Palin proceeded to do an interview with a local TV station while the turkeys were being SLAUGHTERED in the background!! Seemingly oblivious to the gruesomeness going on over her shoulder, she carries on talking for over three minutes. Watch the video below to see for yourself. Be warned, it's kind of gruesome"...when you get to time 2:18 or so she starts to talk about how much "fun" it is there as a turkey struggles behind her as it drowns.

Ugh... :finger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-kjM1asH-8

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/20/s...o_n_145375.html

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She is sick...........

Oh BS. She's in a shot (probably positioned by the camera crew) with a guy getting a turkey ready to eat. Have you ever eaten turkey before. If so you are no different than the guy bleeding out this one. This is how it is. Get out of the city every now and then.

Oh BS. She's in a shot (probably positioned by the camera crew) with a guy getting a turkey ready to eat. Have you ever eaten turkey before. If so you are no different than the guy bleeding out this one. This is how it is. Get out of the city every now and then.

Couldnt have said it better myself, if you watch it it just looks like a set up. She isnt even centered they postioned the camera so you could see. When was the last time you watched someone being interviewed who wasnt centered on camera.

Couldnt have said it better myself, if you watch it it just looks like a set up. She isnt even centered they postioned the camera so you could see. When was the last time you watched someone being interviewed who wasnt centered on camera.

Totally was a set up!

And once AGAIN she AND HER STAFF show how inept they are allowing it to happen! THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! :banghead:

On Thursday, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin appeared in Wasilla in order to pardon a local turkey in anticipation of Thanksgiving. This proved to be a slightly absurd but ultimately unremarkable event. But what came next was positively surreal. After the pardon Palin proceeded to do an interview with a local TV station while the turkeys were being SLAUGHTERED in the background!! Seemingly oblivious to the gruesomeness going on over her shoulder, she carries on talking for over three minutes. Watch the video below to see for yourself. Be warned, it's kind of gruesome...when you get to time 2:18 or so she starts to talk about how much "fun" it is there as a turkey struggles behind her as it drowns.

Ugh... :finger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-kjM1asH-8

Seriously, you do realize the election is over, right?

Big deal. They interviewed her at a place where they prep turkeys. Did somebody expect to see them repairing TV sets there? Not to mention the fact that everything she said was spot on. This is a good, decent, accomplished woman who loves God and her country. People need to leave her the hell alone and quit trying to smear her at every turn. I watched Campbell Brown last night and they asked 12 Obama supporters which candidate had won a senate seat by having everybody else thrown off the ballot so they could run unopposed and they all said Sarah Palin. One even said "that woman" with a look of disgust. Imagine their surprise when they were told it was their new God Obama who had done it. What the media has done to this woman and her reputation is unconscionable.

A - I guess it just proves that Jeff is Still Here, and he just can't help but post any kind of BS that makes him feel like a big man.

Here you go. :bowdown: There. Don't you feel super important, now?

B - Jeff, if you are a vegetarian for animal rights (as is my daughter), then I guess you might consider Governor Palin's nonchalance as being offensive. If you eat turkey, and are still offended, then it simply demonstrates that you are either a hypocrite or an idiot who has convinced himself that the turkey you eat was never really a living animal.

If you think about it, it doesn't reflect badly on the Governor, it reflects badly on the camera crew. You probably pay attention to the background when you take a snapshot with a camera, you can bet professionals doing video interviews pay very close attention to the background of their subject. It was a guy with a camera setting up the subject so he could get his 15 minutes of fame on YouTube. Change the angle two steps to the right, and this thing would not exist.

If I was his boss, he'd be fired for wasting an interview with the governor in favor of a publicity stunt, and quite possibly removing any possibility of getting another one in the future.

I just wish she would go away. Does anybody really listen to her babble? It's really embarrassing for our country to have her seen on our political center stage. On second thought - I hope the republicans bring her out again. They'll be sure to lose. She's only popular with the neocon base - she'll never be able to cross lines.

I just wish she would go away. Does anybody really listen to her babble? It's really embarrassing for our country to have her seen on our political center stage. On second thought - I hope the republicans bring her out again. They'll be sure to lose. She's only popular with the neocon base - she'll never be able to cross lines.

[/quote

I just wish Obama, Pelosi and Feinstein and the likes would go away but they have a better kool-aid dispenser.

I finally got to see it since the Gestapo at work block the video.

*yawn*

Outrage over a turkey getting killed? How silly and totally over bloated. I guess maybe they should do an interview of Obama in front of an abortion clinic? Would that be better?

Come on it was just a turkey shoot. :hysterical:

A - I guess it just proves that Jeff is Still Here, and he just can't help but post any kind of BS that makes him feel like a big man.

Here you go. :bowdown: There. Don't you feel super important, now?

B - Jeff, if you are a vegetarian for animal rights (as is my daughter), then I guess you might consider Governor Palin's nonchalance as being offensive. If you eat turkey, and are still offended, then it simply demonstrates that you are either a hypocrite or an idiot who has convinced himself that the turkey you eat was never really a living animal.

Huh? :headscratch: I just thought it was funny...you on the other hand it seem to think it's a chance to attack me personally I guess and I don't know you not have I ever posted anything derogatory about you.

Why?

Big deal. They interviewed her at a place where they prep turkeys. Did somebody expect to see them repairing TV sets there? Not to mention the fact that everything she said was spot on. This is a good, decent, accomplished woman who loves God and her country. People need to leave her the hell alone and quit trying to smear her at every turn. I watched Campbell Brown last night and they asked 12 Obama supporters which candidate had won a senate seat by having everybody else thrown off the ballot so they could run unopposed and they all said Sarah Palin. One even said "that woman" with a look of disgust. Imagine their surprise when they were told it was their new God Obama who had done it. What the media has done to this woman and her reputation is unconscionable.

Geez - you guys don't get it. She just got done doing the 'turkey pardon' thingy. Then she's standing in front of turkeys getting slaughtered. It's beyond funny. It's beyond ignorant. She's simply stupid.

Geez - you guys don't get it. She just got done doing the 'turkey pardon' thingy. Then she's standing in front of turkeys getting slaughtered. It's beyond funny. It's beyond ignorant. She's simply stupid.

Ok well first of all "turkey pardoning" come on its just a political stunt. If you think that turkey is saved and lives a long happy life, well its a little far fetched. I still dont think she had any idea of what was going on behind her, if anyone is ignorant and stupid it was the cameraman how could you not see that! And if anyone sees it as gross inhuman thing then i suggest that you refrain from buying/eating a turkey this Thanksgiving, or ever for that matter cause guess how that one met its end.

Totally was a set up!

And once AGAIN she AND HER STAFF show how inept they are allowing it to happen! THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! :banghead:

Yes;

Just like the radio station prank phone call..................... :hysterical:

Ok well first of all "turkey pardoning" come on its just a political stunt. If you think that turkey is saved and lives a long happy life, well its a little far fetched. I still dont think she had any idea of what was going on behind her, if anyone is ignorant and stupid it was the cameraman how could you not see that! And if anyone sees it as gross inhuman thing then i suggest that you refrain from buying/eating a turkey this Thanksgiving, or ever for that matter cause guess how that one met its end.

Of course it's a well-worn stunt. And there's nothing in human about slaughtering turkeys. No one is saying it is. It was stupid of her to allow herself to be put in such a situation. She was setup - and hadn't a clue.

Archived