TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Positioning Jacks

skeet

My wife and I purchased a Shelby GT500 this September. We have a two-car garage and did not want either of our cars to sit outside in the winter due to the Mustang taking up one of the garage spaces. I bought 4 positioning jacks and put the Mustang sideways at the back of the garage for the winter. We did a practice run with the wife’s Olds Alero just to make sure that we would not have any problems. It was very easy for us to push the car into position with the jacks. I bougth the jacks from JC Whitney for about $400 including shipping.

Charlie

th_jacks.jpg

th_sideways2.jpg

Why do you want the GT500 sideways in the back of the garage ?

HI Grabber

I really don’t want it sideways in the back of the garage, but living in Northeast Pa. we get some pretty lousy winter weather. So the Mustang gets stored so one of our other two vehicles won’t have to be out in the cold, snow and freezing rain. This is just for winter storage. I sucks that I just got the car in Sept. and have to put it away so soon.

Charlie

HI Grabber

I really don't want it sideways in the back of the garage, but living in Northeast Pa. we get some pretty lousy winter weather. So the Mustang gets stored so one of our other two vehicles won't have to be out in the cold, snow and freezing rain. This is just for winter storage. I sucks that I just got the car in Sept. and have to put it away so soon.

Charlie

Does this arrangement allow you to put 3 cars in your garage now ?

Does this arrangement allow you to put 3 cars in your garage now ?

Hi Grabber

Hi Grabber

I put the GT500 in last week and so far we had snow twice. If we get a few nice days this winter we can move the GT500 and take it for a ride. It has only been a week and I already miss driving it.

Charlie

• 1 month later...

Archived