TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why doesn't congress tell the American people...

...to LOOK AT AMERICAN CARS!!

I've been watching the hearings and political posturing going on for the last few days concerning the car companies "bailout." It has struck me that Congress is more interested in touting what kinds of jets these guys flew to Washington in rather than talking about the cars they are building. Do they really think that the cars that the big 3 are building are junk? Why don't they use this spotlight opportunity to ask the American public to at least take a look at the current offerings and considering buying American?

WHAT....are you kidding??????? Congress has to play there little Games to stroke there own EGO's. I am sure that the Bailout will happen, I am just waiting to see what else Congress tacks onto the Bill before they Vote on it.

David.

...to LOOK AT AMERICAN CARS!!

I've been watching the hearings and political posturing going on for the last few days concerning the car companies "bailout." It has struck me that Congress is more interested in touting what kinds of jets these guys flew to Washington in rather than talking about the cars they are building. Do they really think that the cars that the big 3 are building are junk? Why don't they use this spotlight opportunity to ask the American public to at least take a look at the current offerings and considering buying American?

Because the American billfold has slammed shut due to fears of being laid off, depression, etc. It would do no good to promote "American" unless Congress subsidized the purchase of a car like the TCEQ in TX is doing. Debt doesn't bother most people. Being without a job does.

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/implementation/air/terp/

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/implementation...driveclean.html

Another reason could be the treatment at the dealerships. The last two "domestic" dealerships I have dealt with have been horrible experiences with one actually letting employees steal stereo equipment from my Jeep and then telling me it was not their (the dealerships) problem. It was obviously an inside job as the key was removed from the "key board", the Jeep driven out of view of the cameras and then stripped. The dealership refused to pull the security tapes to see which employee it was. What's really bad was I was in the process (the day of the event by the way) of buying a 2008 Dodge 1500 when this happened which would have been my 3rd purchase with them in 5 years. They lost a $28k sale as well as future purchases over $300 worth of stereo equipment and a shi!!y attitude. So 1 month later I was in a 2008 Titan and was much happier.

Even when I bought my SGT from a large FORD dealership in Plano, after I took delivery of the car I noticed the hood plates were damaged from popping the hood with the pins still in them and then to top it all, the salesman blamed it on my wife who had not even been in the car. It wasn't until I went to the General Manager that the salesman finally confessed it was done by a rookie salesman showing off the car.

The "foreign" dealership I deal with has given me zero problems and even included a rental when I needed to get my Titan serviced, free of charge. When I needed my 2005 Dodge repaired, no loaner was offered and they held it for a week at a time. Same way when the SGT has been restriped several times under warranty. No loaner so get to steppin' and we'll call you when it's done.

Surely I am not the only one who experiences these issues so if the general public is also going through this treatment, where do you think they will lean when buying their next vehicle? My point is if the Big 3 are going to pull out of this they need to start from the ground up and make drastic changes.

I personally believe FORD, GM and DC (to a lesser extent) make quality cars but it's a beating to buy and maintain one due mainly to the dealerships and that is a huge turnoff.

Because the American billfold has slammed shut due to fears of being laid off, depression, etc. It would do no good to promote "American" unless Congress subsidized the purchase of a car like the TCEQ in TX is doing. Debt doesn't bother most people. Being without a job does.

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/implementation/air/terp/

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/implementation...driveclean.html

Another reason could be the treatment at the dealerships. The last two "domestic" dealerships I have dealt with have been horrible experiences with one actually letting employees steal stereo equipment from my Jeep and then telling me it was not their (the dealerships) problem. It was obviously an inside job as the key was removed from the "key board", the Jeep driven out of view of the cameras and then stripped. The dealership refused to pull the security tapes to see which employee it was. What's really bad was I was in the process (the day of the event by the way) of buying a 2008 Dodge 1500 when this happened which would have been my 3rd purchase with them in 5 years. They lost a $28k sale as well as future purchases over $300 worth of stereo equipment and a shi!!y attitude. So 1 month later I was in a 2008 Titan and was much happier.

Even when I bought my SGT from a large FORD dealership in Plano, after I took delivery of the car I noticed the hood plates were damaged from popping the hood with the pins still in them and then to top it all, the salesman blamed it on my wife who had not even been in the car. It wasn't until I went to the General Manager that the salesman finally confessed it was done by a rookie salesman showing off the car.

The "foreign" dealership I deal with has given me zero problems and even included a rental when I needed to get my Titan serviced, free of charge. When I needed my 2005 Dodge repaired, no loaner was offered and they held it for a week at a time. Same way when the SGT has been restriped several times under warranty. No loaner so get to steppin' and we'll call you when it's done.

Surely I am not the only one who experiences these issues so if the general public is also going through this treatment, where do you think they will lean when buying their next vehicle? My point is if the Big 3 are going to pull out of this they need to start from the ground up and make drastic changes.

I personally believe FORD, GM and DC (to a lesser extent) make quality cars but it's a beating to buy and maintain one due mainly to the dealerships and that is a huge turnoff.

Sad but true...........

Archived