TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally the day has come!!!!

Well TS family I have finally made it through nursing school!!!! :happy feet: Just got my scores in for the exit that exam that I took yesterday and it states that I have a 95% probability of passing the National Boards NCLEX-RN exam on the first try. I can not sit for the boards until I have my graduation degree. I will graduate this December. Nevertheless, I am so excited to finally see the light!!! It has been a long and rough road to success but its all worth it. My wife has been awesome in supporting me through the whole nursing school phase and military time I might add. The reason I've mentioned long and rough is because I have paid my dues to earn this degree. Right after high school(2000) I enlisted in the Navy. I was a Navy Battle Corpsman for 5 years, worked as a Paramedic/ER tech. for three and a half years while attending school and now a Nurse (soon to be a registered nurse). So it took me roughly 8 years to earn it but I learned many valuable life skills along the way. I will be starting in a hospital as a GN (graduate nurse) soon (less time will be spent on the forums). I have been working in an Emergency Room as a Paramedic/ER tech. for sometime now and my choice of department will be the Emergency department. I have to say that my military experience has played a vital role in my success all throughout nursing school and life so far and I am thankful for that. Now that I have finally made it, I am actually having thoughts of actually joining the Navy reserves once I get my state license. Well enough ranting but its just been a dream come true.

I have to also say that being on the TS forums has been my escape on rough days, I love reading the posts on here.

DSC03796.jpg

Chris,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :party2: :party2: :party2:

Stuart

Stuart,

Thanks, it seems like it was like yesterday I was sitting down with you guys at the Terlingua event for breakfast and talking about it. You know what, it's people like you, the successful ones that keeps me going to make myself better. So, maybe now I can talk to wifey about upgrading to a GT500...yeah right, I might get this response.... :club:

Nice work! Another 8404 turned RN ;) Nursing is probably the most diverse profession in the country, one day you can be delivering babies and the next providing empathy and care for a terminal patient. It's go the whole range...

I've been in the OR now 24 years but my hat is off to you that you can handle ER, that just feels like to much chaos to me :speedie: When we transport a trauma patient from the ER, I can't get outta there fast enough!

Alan

Congratulations for setting goals and objectives then working hard to achieve them. BTW, I've seen ads for RNs that include signing bonuses and for each subsequent year they would pay a percentage of any student loans. Your profession is in high demand right now so take advantage of that.

Congratulations for setting goals and objectives then working hard to achieve them. BTW, I've seen ads for RNs that include signing bonuses and for each subsequent year they would pay a percentage of any student loans. Your profession is in high demand right now so take advantage of that.

Congrats :party2: Keep up the good work.We need al Rn we can get you may get that kr one day!!! :peelout:

Stuart,

Thanks, it seems like it was like yesterday I was sitting down with you guys at the Terlingua event for breakfast and talking about it. You know what, it's people like you, the successful ones that keeps me going to make myself better. So, maybe now I can talk to wifey about upgrading to a GT500...yeah right, I might get this response.... :club:

Chris,

Your mom & I are so proud of you! :hysterical: I know that you are on the track of a highly successful career--keep doing more of what you've done. I would wait for 2010/2011 to see what "special cars" SAI is coming out with.... (I've heard some interesting rumors). Anyway, by then, wifey might support the idea more! :happy feet:

Stuart

Congratulations Chris! And congrats to your lovely wife too for supporting you thru this also. My daughter is an ER nurse and also a life flight helicopter nurse. Hubbs and I spent many hours with her when she was in tears thinking she blew her chance because of this or that. Congrats on completion of a tough job very well done :)

Chris,

Your mom & I are so proud of you! :hysterical: I know that you are on the track of a highly successful career--keep doing more of what you've done. I would wait for 2010/2011 to see what "special cars" SAI is coming out with.... (I've heard some interesting rumors). Anyway, by then, wifey might support the idea more! :happy feet:

Stuart

LOL!!! Thanks, I did get this about a 07/08 GT500 :finger: Well, atleast I have this GT500 to play with..... :play: I mean terrorize the dog with....Yeah, there is nothing a few overtime hours can't fix.

DSC03797.jpg

DSC03799.jpg

DSC03803.jpg

DSC03804.jpg

DSC03802.jpg

DSC03805.jpg

DSC03800.jpg

:do what:

Thanks again everyone. I still have a huge grin on my face although I have to say everyone wants to toast to it but I think my liver and kidneys have been taking a beating :party2: :tequila: :beerchug: ..... so I think today I'll just drink water and wax my Shelby, she too deserves a nice pat on the back for always being reliable in taking me to school and back in a hurry.... :happy feet:

Congratulations, man. It's a tough job, but from your history that's no big deal for you.

Well, I got plenty of practice with the technical aspect of treating patients thanks to all of the Marines who loves to play with throwing knives, banging on my barracks door at 0200 on Monday mornings prior to PT for a bag of fluids after they god lit up with Bacardi 151 :tequila: and countless just rough playing broken bones (splints), concussions, broken noses,teeth...well you know but damn it we had fun for I joined the fun also, hey Doc has to show he can keep up with those boys or we'll never earn their respect. :salute: The good old days. My major thing is that I had to get out of the "emergency" mind set and get into the nursing (the why you do what you do).

Archived