TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1-1-1

Today I made it into the 1-1-1 Club. :headscratch:

18 Months ago I swerved to miss a Deer. :censored:

The deer swerved to miss me but hit the car after me. One Win for Me. :happy feet:

12 Months ago I did not see the Deer, :censored:

He hit me, $5000.00 Damage and $600.00 Deductible. One Loss for me. :cry:

This morning on the way in I saw something come into the road . :censored:

I swerved, the deer swerved and bounced off the rear fender\wheel of my 1998 Explorer 4 door, 4 x 4.

I stopped, went towards the deer laying in the middle of the road. It jumped up. Stared at me for a few seconds, then took off into the valley. Checked my vehicle, no damage! One Tie.

1-1-1. :hysterical:

them deer are tough creatures.

Glad there was no damage.

Same place last week a new Smart car hit a deer. :censored:

Totalled it. Less than a month old. The driver was very upset. I stopped to help. I told him be glad your o.k. and next time buy a truck. :hysterical:

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one...

<- Santa's not the only one with flying deer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CymW_B6Lt0I <- this one's an amazing near miss!

This one has nothing to do with a deer, but is never the less amazing!!!

The angels were definating watching over that intersection!

Today I made it into the 1-1-1 Club. :headscratch:

18 Months ago I swerved to miss a Deer. :censored:

The deer swerved to miss me but hit the car after me. One Win for Me. :happy feet:

12 Months ago I did not see the Deer, :censored:

He hit me, $5000.00 Damage and $600.00 Deductible. One Loss for me. :cry:

This morning on the way in I saw something come into the road . :censored:

I swerved, the deer swerved and bounced off the rear fender\wheel of my 1998 Explorer 4 door, 4 x 4.

I stopped, went towards the deer laying in the middle of the road. It jumped up. Stared at me for a few seconds, then took off into the valley. Checked my vehicle, no damage! One Tie.

1-1-1. :hysterical:

DUDE.....Stop using the Wild Life Zoo as a Short Cut to Work.

:hysterical:

Moose are the most dangerous animal to hit with a car....there are more deaths on our HWY's

because of that than head on collisions.

post-3019-1227146277_thumb.jpgpost-3019-1227146324_thumb.jpg

Started to make a funny but I suppose someone was killed in that. Moose are bad news to say the least.

Jim

No Actually this guy was lucky he didn't get hurt...he seen the moose then laid down on the seat

and cheated death...It is well known in these areas that the bull moose will attack the headlights

of a car or truck and that is very dangerous as they are almost impossible to see at night...

Not to mention that some of those bulls will reach 2000 lbs.... :rip:

No Actually this guy was lucky he didn't get hurt...he seen the moose then laid down on the seat

and cheated death...It is well known in these areas that the bull moose will attack the headlights

of a car or truck and that is very dangerous as they are almost impossible to see at night...

Cars can be replaced! :shift:

While canoing in Algonquin park we came across a bull moose coming around a bend. Water up to his shoulders. He looked mean. We paddled our a** off as he started towards us. HUGE animal.

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one...

<- Santa's not the only one with flying deer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CymW_B6Lt0I <- this one's an amazing near miss!

This one has nothing to do with a deer, but is never the less amazing!!!

The angels were definating watching over that intersection!

Shows you just how fast a deer hit happens.

:lurk:

Way back in the day I grew up in Central NJ. Got a deer in my 1967 Mustang in 1969 :nonono: Ford 1, Deer 0

In March 2008, 11 elk lept over an embankment on to the freeway I take to work. I got one in my wife's Grand Am at 70 mph on I-80 on my way to work at the ski resort. I see road kill moose, elk and deer all winter but never expected to be a contributor. In this case it was:

Gramd Am 1, Elk 0. The animal actually went under the car and I was able to drive away with minor damage.

A family we know runs a body shop so my repair bill was $800 cash and a case of Bud Light :beerchug:

It was going to be a dry sunny day that day and I almost brought my SGT as our Executive Chef is a Mustang nut and had never seen my SGT. I was one second way from picking up my Shelby keys that morning instead of the Grand Am set. I really dodged that one :happy feet: :victory:

and have those long spindly legs so they almost always go right up the hood-my best friend in college was from Thunder Bay and he always said moose vs F250 much better odds!

As was noted, moose are very large aminals on long gangly legs. You usually undercut them in a car or truck and the bulk of the body goes thru the passenger compartment.

We had a guy in a Mazda Miata take out moose one night last winter about the same spot I hit the herd of elk. The moose took the top of the car before the car burst in to flames. There were no winners that night. :rip:

If you drive in a know wildlife area, particualrly at night, dawn or dusk, you need to be very alert to sudden movement along the sides of the road. If the the road has multiple lanes, try to stay in the center or inside lane if possible. This will give you more room to make an evasive manuever if needed.

Archived