TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gas falls to half of record high

I guess this is the best economic news we can find right now. Out here in the wild west, I just filled up my truck with regular for $1.81.

I haven't driven the Shelby since I drove it back from Vegas two weeks ago :( so I don't know what our Premium 91 is going for right now. It looks to be a nice weekend so I feel a 4.6L rush building up by Saturday :happy feet:

And as a result of the lower gasoline costs, consumer prices have plunged more than they ever have in the last 67 years, falling a full 1% in October.

This rapid fall in oil and gasoline just shows how silly the accusations that oil companies control the prices are. They can't control them when prices are falling. For example, the oil stocks are 3.5% below what they were last year at this time. At the height of the price spike this summer, that news would have sent the price per barrel soaring. Now the oil commodity market hardly notices and the price falls again to another recent record low of near $52/barrel.

If the oil companies can't control the price of oil now how do people claim that they are controlling them when they are rising?

In July, with the headlines reversed, there would have been 4 pages of posts on this thread with 90% howling in indignation. Now it's just 4 posts and none of them comment (correctly so!) on the role of the oil companies in creating these prices. Perhaps it's because everyone now realizes OIL COMPANIES DO NOT CONTROL THE PRICE OF OIL. Yeah, right (ironic sigh here).

What a difference 6 months have made.

I have to admit I was wrong about GT500-07. I was sure he would be as silent as a chuch mouse when the prices started to fall but he has been the only one posting this news.

$1.99 for 93 in my area. sure hope fuel oil drops, for those that heat with it.

Oil prices drop below $50 dollars, hit 3.5-year lows

Oil prices sank under 50 dollars a barrel in London on Thursday, reaching the lowest levels for three and a half years, as the market was plagued by weak energy demand. Brent North Sea crude for delivery in January tumbled to 48.54 dollars a barrel -- last reached in May 2005. The contract had closed on Wednesday at 51.72 dollars.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081120/ts_af...nergyoilprice50

Archived