TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe question?

mrdci

Well I finally got to see a Shelby. The local dealer just got there 1 allotment car. I noticed in two places the stripes overlap. Is it like this on all the Shelbys?

Stripe1.JPG

Stripe2.JPG

I have never noticed anything like this on mine (and I have already waxed it) so I had to run outside and take a quick look. My car does have the overlap on the spoiler and again on the front bumper but it is hardly noticeable and definately does not look anything as bad the posted photos.

The areas of averlap on my car are straight and true and are hidden right on the contour line so it is not very noticeable.

I would much rather have the overlap than to have them double cut with a razor blade (like splicing wallpaper) since this would cut into the car's basecoat/clearcoat (maybe even deeper) and that definately would not be acceptable.

I would say if you buy the car, get em painted on later and forget about it for now, it's not worth the undue stress it may cause.

Dude... Down a six pack... Then take a look at it... Works for ugly chicks... lol :hysterical:

You guys will like this....RUF and I had a conversation last week...you know how it went?.....

RUF: Hey Dave, you know what I call a "10" when I'm out at a bar?

Dave: No RUF, what's that?

RUF: It's a 4 after a six-pack. :hysterical::hysterical:

This is why I love this place ;)

Bone Doc, I think your sentiments are right-on.

Does anyone have any new info on the hot rumor (from two months ago) that Ford will be pulling striping into the plant in the future? Dunno, but that suggests paint to me. Job-2 time would be a good point to do that IF that's the plan.

I'd order mine w/o stripes anyway but it's amazing what a macro shot can reveal... and that's a "beauty mark" on Cindy's cheek, not a pimple! <unles it's on a cheek I don't have access to> :hysterical:

Also, I see Mazda announced today the launch of a whole fllet of Mazda-6 vehicles at AAI-Flat Rock. I'm guessing that means a third shift? If you recall, Mazda reportedly wants to buy the AAI-FlatRock plant from the Mazda-Ford joint-venture which would likely cause Mustang to find a new home ... in '08??? Anyone have any current insight?

-Dan

If you recall, Mazda reportedly wants to buy the AAI-FlatRock plant from the Mazda-Ford joint-venture which would likely cause Mustang to find a new home ... in '08??? Anyone have any current insight?

-Dan

:lurk:

Well I finally got to see a Shelby. The local dealer just got there 1 allotment car. I noticed in two places the stripes overlap. Is it like this on all the Shelbys?

Stripe1.JPG

Stripe2.JPG

Could you please re-post these pics, but a little bigger next time? :fan:

Dave

...uh...just woke up...what's all this now?....

Mazda 500 with stripes?....

Dave wants to lick my what?....burp...

Just cause he has (and he knows it) my all time favorite Camaro engine does not mean he can call me cheap.... :rant:

Now...what's all this about overlap?....For God's sake men, they all get old eventually... :rant:

...uh...just woke up...what's all this now?....

Mazda 500 with stripes?....

Dave wants to lick my what?....burp...

Just cause he has (and he knows it) my all time favorite Camaro engine does not mean he can call me cheap.... :rant:

Now...what's all this about overlap?....For God's sake men, they all get old eventually... :rant:

OMG, tell me it isn't so, Cindy's pimple isn't overlap, she looks so thin. Maybe striping her overlap would work and if Dave did lick it, I am sure it would clear up his complexion. :roses:

Between Indiana and Illinois, I think we have the market cornered (no pun intended) on corn, pawn shops, check-n-go stores, and rent to owns.

In 1977 I drove from Chicago about 90 miles south to a Ford dealer who was one of a few Ford Quadravan dealers.... actually nice open farmland down there -- at least in 77 <lol> that must have been before cookie-cutter strip malls caught on. :doh:

:lurk:

Could you please re-post these pics, but a little bigger next time? :fan:

Dave

Sorry, I sized them down alot. It was from a 7MP camera and I have a 19inch monitor so it looks ok to me. I'll 640x480 for you next time.

Sorry, I sized them down alot. It was from a 7MP camera and I have a 19inch monitor so it looks ok to me. I'll 640x480 for you next time.

Check out my stripe post under MODS.

bj

Archived