TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Autorama show in Houston

oilbleak

For anyone that will be in or around the Houston area for Thanksgiving weekend (11/27 thru 11/30), Autorama will be going on at the George R. Brown Convention Center in downtown Houston. The Mustang Club of Houston will have a total of 12 cars there - including one Super Snake and my Shelby GT). Autorama is traditionally a GMC show and us Ford people are a minority, so come on by our displays so we know we're not alone.

Matt

you gonna be there everyday? I might have to come check that out.

I won't be there on Thursday - having dinner with the girlfriend's family down in Missouri City - but I'll probably be there all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I live across the street from Minute Maid stadium and the convention center so I really can't blame traffic for not working the show. Since I'm a presenter I can get discounted tickets when I tech in. If you'd definitely like to go, PM me and I'll get a ticket for you. I can get single day tickets or 3 day tickets for the entire show. If you're not helping with one of the displays I'd recommend getting just a single day ticket. There's usually a lot there to see (at least enough to kill a Friday afternoon), but the displays don't change so you wouldn't see anything new if you went back.

Matt

i'll either go Thursday or Friday and bring my son. He wants to see the new KITT car. I'd like to drive my SGT down there, but i don't know how the parking is.

Parking around the convention is usually pretty tight - I've heard one person say it's a lot of circling waitin for a spot to open up. However, I live across the street and I can try to grab a spot on the street with my truck the day before and then move it to our parking garage when you're there waiting - or I could just let you into our parking garage but then you'll have to park on the 6th or 7th floor and walk down some stairs (the elevator only goes to the 4th floor). Either way, it'd keep you from having to pay to park. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, PM me and we can work out the details.

Just remember, I'll probably be spending all day Thursday down in Missouri City, so if you come that day this is all moot.

Matt

Archived