TEAM SHELBY FORUM

sprint200 on Track

sprint200

Okay, this is my first try at editing, publishing and posting a video.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (Home of the Team Shelby Nationals)

It was a very chilly morning with lows in the upper 30's. By the second session of the day the ambient temp's were in the upper 50's; the track was still pretty cold and slick. You can't see him in the video but I was carrying a passenger (200#+). This was my last track day for the year, so I'll have to settle for watching this until March 21st.

Okay, this is my first try at editing, publishing and posting a video.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (Home of the Team Shelby Nationals)

It was a very chilly morning with lows in the upper 30's. By the second session of the day the ambient temp's were in the upper 50's; the track was still pretty cold and slick. You can't see him in the video but I was carrying a passenger (200#+). This was my last track day for the year, so I'll have to settle for watching this until March 21st.

Jeff,

Great In Car Camera! Hallett looks like a challenging track, I am still trying to get things sorted to be there for mid america,

Hope to see you there,

Cheers,

Philip

(Vapor GT500 car 50 Terlingua)

Isn't it awesome??

I'm hooked. I just got back from VIR and had a blast. I have a lot to learn, but it sure is fun.

Good driving and isn't passing vettes great? I had lots of fun with a novice driver in a full race Z06 Monday. :)

VIR is one of the nations premier tracks.

Isn't it awesome??

I'm hooked. I just got back from VIR and had a blast. I have a lot to learn, but it sure is fun.

Good driving and isn't passing vettes great? I had lots of fun with a novice driver in a full race Z06 Monday. :)

It is hard to explain to people how much fun this is. They have to "Just Do It" :hysterical: This is the end of my second season and I can't wait till March! :happy feet:

I have a goal of visiting at least one new track per year. This past year it was Texas World Speedway. Next year I will do a one day Driving school at Miller Motorsports the first week of June.............and maybe I can sneak a visit to a new track (Eagle's Canyon) north of Fort Worth, Tx before the season ends. It appears to be a top notch design and the planned amenities will make it a destination in this part of the country. Hopefully they can attract some major series events in the future.

But VIR is on my "Must Visit" list. Probably have to fit it in on a D.C. trip with the Mrs.

• 1 month later...
Jeff,

Great In Car Camera! Hallett looks like a challenging track, I am still trying to get things sorted to be there for mid america,

Hope to see you there,

Cheers,

Philip

(Vapor GT500 car 50 Terlingua)

Jeff,

I don't know if we have met but you attend many of the same events I go to. Nice video of Hallett. I played in the Late Model Demonstration race at Mid America last year........ put a cage in your car and come play with us at the next Mid America event.

Your big HP car will really take to Road America, Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen. I have made them all my Vette. Just drive there, check oil, tire pressure and drive the track for two days, then drive home. Great, simple fun.

Wayne

Jeff,

I don't know if we have met but you attend many of the same events I go to. Nice video of Hallett. I played in the Late Model Demonstration race at Mid America last year........ put a cage in your car and come play with us at the next Mid America event.

Your big HP car will really take to Road America, Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen. I have made them all my Vette. Just drive there, check oil, tire pressure and drive the track for two days, then drive home. Great, simple fun.

Wayne

Wayne,

We met last year at College Station and again at Mid-America. You talked me into going out in the rain on slicks at TWS Sunday morning and arranged instructors for me too. (Learned a lot that weekend, thank you).

I was in Group I at Hallett last year. I have a 4-pt competition roll bar, seats and 5-pt harnesses (weren't there at TWS). They asked me to be in the Late Model Exhibition race but I didn't think I had had enough seat time yet. Hoping to participate this year though. I've shaved 4 seconds off my lap times since last June so I'm learning...........

I've got a list of tracks that I MUST drive before I die and those three you mention are at the top of my list. This year I'm headed to Miller Motorsports :happy feet:

Looking forward to seeing you at Tulsa again this year :beerchug:

I've got a list of tracks that I MUST drive before I die and those three you mention are at the top of my list. This year I'm headed to Miller Motorsports.

Miller isn't really a destination track and is in the middle of absolutely nowhere. It is a gorgeous facility but the track is nothing special at all.

TWS and Hallett, even though they are old and “decrepit” as far as amenities and surface, each of them has a ton more character than Miller.

Miller isn't really a destination track and is in the middle of absolutely nowhere. It is a gorgeous facility but the track is nothing special at all.

TWS and Hallett, even though they are old and “decrepit” as far as amenities and surface, each of them has a ton more character than Miller.

Ahhh yes, but since my wife wanted to go to the Grand Canyon and Bryce and Zion National parks....................I said, "Hey, MMP has a driving school. Can I take a couple of days there while you shop.............?" :superhero:

I do enjoy Hallett a lot, and it's just 90 minutes away.............

Jeff,

Wayne

Gee, see you Both at Road America August 7 8 and 9??? :D

Archived