TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FOR THOSE BORN BETWEEN 1930 - 1979

If you got in trouble at school you would get the paddle and when your father came home from work and found out he would side with the teacher and give you the belt across the rear end.

Damn right! When me and little Johnnie got in a fight we took our licks (if caught) and would be friends the next day.

Now if my boy gets in a fight... Little Johnnie might shoot him!

Good job social workers... Taking corpral punishment away has been such a boon to society!

Also, we didn't grow up with the sense of entitlement that they have today! I had to work for everything I ever got!

So TRUE..........

I can't believe he did not mention "LAWN DARTS".......................... :happy feet:

Remember those........Huge Two Foot Darts with Sharp Metal Tips.

David.

Oh yeah, "Jarts". Lethal weapons. The people who were hurt probably stood in front of horseshoes too. Imagine one of them upside the head.

Oh yeah, "Jarts". Lethal weapons. The people who were hurt probably stood in front of horseshoes too. Imagine one of them upside the head.

Try getting hit in the head with a "Discuss"???????????

That happened to a nieghbors daughter in High School..............

We have not banned this one yet..........

I can remember when the only real "NO SMOKING" area was 10 feet from a gas pump!

I was born November 23rd 1967, GREAT YEAR...... :happy feet:

AND I'm a Turkey Butt....... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

No one was able to reach us all day.

And we were OK........This one was so True!!!!!!!

I can identify with all of that! I would like to add that I am the product of a one room school house, eight rows of kids, eight different grades, one teacher, one oil fired pot bellied stove and bathrooms outside, sack lunches carried to school and water out of a bubbler in rural southern WI. Had a library card and really can't remember how old I was when I got it, just remember always having one. I might add we didn't have TV until 1964. Learned how to learn, read everything and managed to survive and prosper dispite being "disadvantaged".

Good night, John-boy! :hysterical:

Guest markham51
You missed it! It isn't what we didn't have...it is what we did have!

We had parents that believe being a parent was how to do it, not being a friend, our parents taught us the importance of doing a job to the best of our ability, our parents taught us humility, our parents taught us how to deal with failure and how to turn it into successes, most importantly our parents taught us the value of family. Of the 100 + employees where I work there is only one stay at home mom, the rest are working their but off so they can "give" their children all they want. Seams to me they are missing the important thing.

Right on!

We had parents that believe being a parent was how to do it, not being a friend, our parents taught us the importance of doing a job to the best of our ability, our parents taught us humility, our parents taught us how to deal with failure and how to turn it into successes, most importantly our parents taught us the value of family. Of the 100 + employees where I work there is only one stay at home mom, the rest are working their but off so they can "give" their children all they want. Seams to me they are missing the important thing.

+1

+1

Also, the word "no" wouldn't lead to dysfunction!

Agreed with damn near all of this!Lawn Darts were called Jarts when i was a kid in the 70's.How much fun was it to hurl a heavr pointed object in the air and yell"Look Out!"HAHA!My 15 year old thinks it's great to ride in a FINISHED car or on my old ass dirt bike when it is running right.As far as fixing either of them,Oh well.

How about when a time out equaled you knocked out on the floor by your Father for smart assing your Mother?Time out.I gotcher time out right here :hysterical:

Archived