TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS Member looses his son

I saw a news story last night on our local news. A 17 year old high school senior and his girlfriend were killed in an auto accident. Sad to say, but it happens all too frequently. The fact that it happened while they were driving in a 1997 Mustang caught my attention, so I watched a little closer than I would have normally.

They showed a picture of the driver, and the name made my heart skip a beat.

Charles Stunkard.

We have a member here whose screen name is cstunkard. I know this because he is from my local area. I don't think we've ever met in person, and if we have, I blame my poor memory for not remembering. We have, however, traded posts in some threads, as well as PMs.

cstunkard is Charles Stunkard, SR. Charles Stunkard, Jr is his son. I'm not certain if they are Sr and JR, or II and III, but it is the only way I can distinguish between the two here.

I am sad to report that Charles Stunkard, Jr, and his girlfriend passed away as the result of an automobile accident last Saturday evening.

If you can, would you please include his family in your prayers.

Thanks.

I know both families that have been affected by this terrible accident and my heart is broken today.

Charley and his wife Cindy are some of the nicest, down to earth people I have ever met. Their son "Chuck" who I only had the pleasure of meeting once at a show was this really cool cat who you could tell was special and well liked. His girl friend Jessy is my best friends cousin who was also a special kid from a great family.

My prayers and thoughts are with them and I hope they find the strength they need during this difficult time.

Archived