TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UAW leader says blame economy for Detroit 3 woes

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I continue to do my part. Never owned anything but an American made car. Recently picked up the Shelby and a Focus. My F-150 is still running strong.

I do the same;

If all true patriotic Americans felt this way we would have a much stronger Country........IMHO.........

I also believe it's wrong for Dealers to charge "ADM"s...............

I also agree with you that nobody is forced to pay it..........

Just sends the wrong business signal if the Dealer cares about repeat business??????????

MM made it sound like it was wrong for Ford to allow ADM's.

It's the buyer's choice to pay one. What does that make them?

It is wrong for Ford to allow it. Hell yes. Yes, I paid one.

Are you trying to say that makes me a dumba$$. Maybe that's true. I think it says that I had enough money and was willing to pay it, dumba$$ or not. Should I have waited 2.5 years to get it at sticker. Nope, I was the first guy on the block to have one August 12,2006. I don't have a problem paying it. I just wouldn't buy another thing from that sap sucking dealer as long as I live. It kinda sours me on Ford as well. Who's the looser? They are. If Ford wants to allow their product to be peddled for over MSRP, it's legal. It just seems like a bad PR move for a Company on the edge of bankruptcy. I guess their theory is "Lets rape and pillage all we can before we go down the drain." I buy 2 new cargo vans every year. Who's not getting the sales? Ford, and that dealer. I hope it was worth it to them as they sit making no sales in a crappy economy... :happy feet: They do it to themselves with greed.

Guest markham51

ADMs are over for a while. People mainly pay ADMs because they think they are worth it. If you don't, then don't pay it and wait till prices come down.

I have paid ADMs when I thought they were worth it and refused when I thought they weren't. I don't get pissed off because it is MY choice and mine alone.

I will admit that I am less likely to buy from a dealer who charges high ADM's but I don't hate them for it, that's what a free market economoy is all about.

The UAW is a strong union, so strong they, along with the greedy corporate heads,are going to put the American auto industry in it's grave.

Here in the south if you don't like your job or many things about your job, they say "hit the road, you can be replaced." The other side of the spectrum, except the greedy corporate heads are here too.

There are people on the board of directors of the company I work for who don't know or do squat except take money. They were bad at the job they had and are useless to the company now. The club.

I didn't vote for Obama because I don't fall into a class that would vote for him. I am neither poor nor rich. I voted, I get to complain, and you can get my guns when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

I think it is time to gather ammo, and plant a big vegetable garden. Maybe have a few chikkins too.

I would hate to see the Big 3 go bust. They are part of our culture, and the American dream.

Seeing we are printing billions why not bail them out just like them thieving credit card banks.

I work in the hospitality industry at a major ski resort. My retirement plan is shot, I lost a 10% raise, layoffs have tripled my work load :banghead: What the :censored: else am I supposed to give up ?:shrug:

Okay UAW and/or Mr. Obama, I haven't heard your plans for fixing any of this. :mad:

Yeah........................where's the Joe Blow bailout?

I have been forced to give up a 10% raise and employer matching 401K contributions :banghead: and watch the remainder of my 401K waste way :titanic: . What else am I supposed to give up, Mr. Obama? :headscratch:

As for economic stimulus, in the last 12 months, I paid cash to my local Ford dealer for my new 07 SGT, built a 15K patio cover for my Margaritaville style BBQs :party2: :tequila: and took my annual road trip to Vegas for a week, Shelby Museum and Cafe included :banvictory:

I think I have done my fair share on both ends. Let the poor UAW members :violin: give up wages and benefits, too.

Archived