TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Convertible Driving Lights

Could somebody please provide me with a closeup picture, or two, of the driving light/duct setup in the front bumper of the convertible GT-H?

I have been trying for over a year to purchase the parts from SAI, and they seem to have dropped the ball. Being the "light guy" that I am, I cannot sleep at night knowing that I had to forego the grille mounted lights which I always liked so much, but instead could have had lights down below if SAI would just sell them:banghead:

I am quite curious as to how they were mounted. Even if I have to make them myself out of leftover aircraft parts at work...I WILL! Just don't fly anytime soon, especially at night.

Thank you for helping me keep my sanity! :drool:

Could somebody please provide me with a closeup picture, or two, of the driving light/duct setup in the front bumper of the convertible GT-H?

I have been trying for over a year to purchase the parts from SAI, and they seem to have dropped the ball. Being the "light guy" that I am, I cannot sleep at night knowing that I had to forego the grille mounted lights which I always liked so much, but instead could have had lights down below if SAI would just sell them:banghead:

I am quite curious as to how they were mounted. Even if I have to make them myself out of leftover aircraft parts at work...I WILL! Just don't fly anytime soon, especially at night.

I saw two in Orlando yesterday for rent. It they are there when I drop off the car I will see if I can take pictures of the one that still has the lights.

I wish I knew about the driving lights, but I do know about the ducts. I used this company a lot for my road racer mustang. It is cheap and a great product.

Quantum Motorsports

The ducts you need.

brakeducts1.jpg

brake_ducts2.jpg

Great info! Thanks guys...I have a few sketches made so far. I'm still very curious about how the original lights were mounted, and why this was an issue. A few pics would be very helpful!

Those lights are proving to be harder to find than I thought. I believe I found the correct model, but finding just the lights without the switches, relays, harness, and covers is a bit more difficult. Also, there's the option of driving (pencil beam) lenses, or fog (30° dispersion) lenses. The 'verts appear to have driving lenses, but where there's fog...the others may be more functional. This could be an option.

Those lights are proving to be harder to find than I thought. I believe I found the correct model, but finding just the lights without the switches, relays, harness, and covers is a bit more difficult. Also, there's the option of driving (pencil beam) lenses, or fog (30° dispersion) lenses. The 'verts appear to have driving lenses, but where there's fog...the others may be more functional. This could be an option.

Here's a pic with brake ducts and fogs. The fog lights are in a housing that pivots, a ball type. It's extremely tight with the brake ducts. We had them installed @Shelby.

post-7426-1226892864_thumb.jpg

Here's a link to SPP with the lights

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...g%20Lights.aspx

post-7426-1226892864_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1226979756_thumb.jpgpost-10786-1226979418_thumb.jpgpost-10786-1226979444_thumb.jpg

Here are a few pics. Hope it helps, if you need more let me know.

post-10786-1226979418_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1226979444_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1226979756_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1226979756_thumb.jpgpost-10786-1226979418_thumb.jpgpost-10786-1226979444_thumb.jpg

Here are a few pics. Hope it helps, if you need more let me know.

Just fantastic! Thank you very much!

I have two questions...

What are the duct plates themselves made of?

How are the lights held in place?

I saw the picture of the PIAA lights for sale on SPP, and it looks like they come with small steel brackets. I don't understand how the lights/brackets work with the ducts.

Those pieces add so much to the front of our cars!

I have two questions...

I saw the picture of the PIAA lights for sale on SPP, and it looks like they come with small steel brackets. I don't understand how the lights/brackets work with the ducts.

I agree. I just ordered the grill, lights and duct plate... :lurk:

I have two questions...

The plates are metal. The metal plates are attached to the frame. The fog light housing attaches to the plate. The brake duct is plastic with a metal screen, the brake duct hose attaches to the plastic grommet. I'll try and get some close up pics tomorrow.

I have two questions...

I think the duct plates on mine are plastic, and the lights are held in place with the small steel brackets. The brackets hold the lights, they are attached to the bumper mount above the lights,and are very solid. The ducts themselves are plastic sleeves in the holes next to the lights. They go in from the front and have a lip around them to keep them from pulling through. The hose clamps to the back, then goes to the brakes. I will try and take a pic from the back tomorrow.

Here are some pics from the backside of the driving lights/ductspost-10786-1227226053_thumb.jpgpost-10786-1227226098_thumb.jpgpost-10786-1227226305_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1227226130_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1227226053_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1227226098_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1227226130_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1227226305_thumb.jpg

Archived