TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a lil help ASAP

Ok...i know this may be off the wall, but i'm on a time crunch and figured this would be a good place to get exposure/feedback....

I'm in Washington, DC for a video training session with the Travel Channel. We have an assignment to shoot some video of something we're interested in. It doesn't necessarily have to be travel related (as we're simply trying to learn how to shoot better footage/stories)…but, if done right, I can make it travel related (ie "people come from all over the country to get their cars worked on here"). Basically, I need to find something I'm interested in to shoot and create a short 2-5 minute video. So naturally, I thought of automotive performance. I need to get footage of some kind of action (ie working on cars, dyno, etc) and a short interview (someone talking while they're working, etc). It'll have to be between 11am to 3-4pm tomorrow (Saturday, Nov 15th), to get my shots, as we're in a training session in the morning. Also, I would need to get permission from the shop to shoot there (waiver's signed etc.). If I do a good job, its possible Travel Channel will use it on their commercials/websites/etc....but there's no guarantee. Hell, who knows...they could make a series out of it (world poker tour saved TC's butt), but then again, there's no guarantee. And it doesn't necessarily have to be Mustang related.....

Does anyone know of any performance/dyno shop in the DC area that I could contact to shoot? Maybe a dyno day? It doesn't have to be downtown DC, but I'll only have a window of 4 hours or so to get my footage and get back to Travel Channel HQ in Friendship Heights area/Chevy Chase, MD. I've been scouring the web for something, but so far come up empty handed. The few places I called said they'd have to ask the owner, blah, blah....

So if ANYONE can help me or has any ideas, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Pig

Ok...i know this may be off the wall, but i'm on a time crunch and figured this would be a good place to get exposure/feedback....

I'm in Washington, DC for a video training session with the Travel Channel. We have an assignment to shoot some video of something we're interested in. It doesn't necessarily have to be travel related (as we're simply trying to learn how to shoot better footage/stories)…but, if done right, I can make it travel related (ie "people come from all over the country to get their cars worked on here"). Basically, I need to find something I'm interested in to shoot and create a short 2-5 minute video. So naturally, I thought of automotive performance. I need to get footage of some kind of action (ie working on cars, dyno, etc) and a short interview (someone talking while they're working, etc). It'll have to be between 11am to 3-4pm tomorrow (Saturday, Nov 15th), to get my shots, as we're in a training session in the morning. Also, I would need to get permission from the shop to shoot there (waiver's signed etc.). If I do a good job, its possible Travel Channel will use it on their commercials/websites/etc....but there's no guarantee. Hell, who knows...they could make a series out of it (world poker tour saved TC's butt), but then again, there's no guarantee. And it doesn't necessarily have to be Mustang related.....

Does anyone know of any performance/dyno shop in the DC area that I could contact to shoot? Maybe a dyno day? It doesn't have to be downtown DC, but I'll only have a window of 4 hours or so to get my footage and get back to Travel Channel HQ in Friendship Heights area/Chevy Chase, MD. I've been scouring the web for something, but so far come up empty handed. The few places I called said they'd have to ask the owner, blah, blah....

So if ANYONE can help me or has any ideas, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Pig

Pig,

On a different subject.

Your 96 is sweet. Do you have a thread on it with some phhotos I can check out ?

Yo Grabber,

I think all my online stuff for the 96 is not exactly current. Unfortunately, she's been in storage since the Shelby arrived (heh...what can i say?). And I've gotten a lot better at my photography and videography since then. I've got a lot of pics and such back home, so I can post some when I get back (Monday night). But I'm definitely gonna make more videos when i get home. I got all kinda stuff for mounting cameras to the car now. So I'm gonna get more good pics/videos now with all my new skillz and shiz.

BTW...i like the stripes you got on the front 1/4 panels. When did you get those? Nice stuff man!

Pig

Archived