TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 TRANS/CLUTCH TSB / CHICAGO METRO DEALERS?

Curt A

Have any of Chicago Metro GT 500 owners needed to have the trans/clutch TSB performed yet?

What dealers have done this repair already?

Where you happy with the repairs ?

What was your down time at the dealer?

I bought mine from Packey Web Ford and they seem to be pretty cool about it. Parts manager also cool.

My car does not need it yet, performs flawlessly. Currently now in storage with 1300 miles.

Have any of Chicago Metro GT 500 owners needed to have the trans/clutch TSB performed yet?

What dealers have done this repair already?

Where you happy with the repairs ?

What was your down time at the dealer?

I bought mine from Packey Web Ford and they seem to be pretty cool about it. Parts manager also cool.

My car does not need it yet, performs flawlessly. Currently now in storage with 1300 miles.

I'm right up the street(Naperville) from Packey Webb Ford in Downer's Grove. I would go there before Fair Oaks Ford in Napervile. Mine is also OK at this time , but only have 900 miles on. Baker Ford in Plainfield(former SVT dealership) might be a good option.

I've checked with Baker Ford in Plainfield and they are aware of the TSB and have performed a few. I don't have any follow up info of those vehicles however.

I am looking at using them in the spring. Mine is also in storage with 2000 miles, some shuddering and first/rvrs are starting to feel notchy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not had mine done yet. That being said, when I was at the Dearborn 2008 event, I had Bill Woebkenberg (Ford SVT Engineer) check out my GT500 to see if it was a TSB candidate. He tested out my clutch and said it will need the Tranny fix. I asked him if he knew of a Ford Dealership in the Chicago area that he would recommend. He told me Highland Park Ford, as he had helped them with the early fixes, and that they would have the experience needed to do the job. So when it's time for me to take her in that's where I'm going.

Just my .02 cents,

Mike

Archived