TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hi from the NAIAS! **photo**

SVT guy was good enough to let me up on the Turnstyle with the NAIAS display Shelby.

I think that the white with blue lettering Ontario plate makes the ugly White License Indent, where the stripping should carrythrough Ford, not look not so bad on this car. I think I've found my colour!!

Sorry, the HOT(er) SVT model wasn't available!

post-2683-1137646255_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1137646255_thumb.jpg

Damn that's HOT! Good job 07! Or sould I call you Bond, James Bond 007?

How are all these 07SHELBY and 07GT500 plates showing up without registering VIN #'s yet? Do you have the plate registered to another car for now and when the GT500 comes in you'll switch it over?

Damn that's HOT! Good job 07! Or sould I call you Bond, James Bond 007?

How are all these 07SHELBY and 07GT500 plates showing up without registering VIN #'s yet? Do you have the plate registered to another car for now and when the GT500 comes in you'll switch it over?

In Ontario and I imagine elsewhere in Canada and the States, you can order a personalized plate anytime without registering it to an actual car. As long as you have a valid drivers license you're good to go. This way you can plan ahead! I ordered the plate the afternoon the NY Prototype hit the Web and I've had it tucked away since I got it in the mail.

The day that my dealer registers my Shelby, they'll get validation stickers for the plate.

As long as I never register the plate to a vehicle in my name, I have the right to Sell the plate to anyone else who is registering a car in Ontario. Or to a collector anywhere.

The SVT guy laughed when he saw it and said that a guy from Michigan was at the show on Sunday with the exact same plate. Michigan issued of course.

I'd like to see that guy post his photo as well. Hey whoever you are, post it!

SVT guy was good enough to let me up on the Turnstyle with the NAIAS display Shelby.

I think that the white with blue lettering Ontario plate makes the ugly White License Indent, where the stripping should carrythrough Ford, not look not so bad on this car. I think I've found my colour!!

07 Shelby,

How in the world did you get permission to get on the turn table? They wouldn't let me when I asked to.

I should have brung my plate off my 97 Cobra, It say......07SHELB & I from Michigan Too....by the way when did you get that plate? I got mine in September & that number/spelling was gone by then.

07 Shelby,

How in the world did you get permission to get on the turn table? They wouldn't let me when I asked to.

I should have brung my plate off my 97 Cobra, It say......07SHELB & I from Michigan Too....by the way when did you get that plate? I got mine in September & that number/spelling was gone by then.

That's not me, it's a guy from svtperformance. It's hard to see, but there's a link to the tread just below the pic.

That's not me, it's a guy from svtperformance. It's hard to see, but there's a link to the tread just below the pic.

Wow!! I now feel privileged that my plate was able to even 'touch' the Shelby!!

Must be a Canadian thing. The SVT Guy was Canadian.

We're Everywhere you know..............., you just don't know it yet! LOL!!

Did you know that Bill Clint................... ah forget about it....!!!

Anyhow, I definitely know now that the SVT guy was Cool.

You know what would be cool? Having Shelby sign that sucker.

You know what would be cool? Having Shelby sign that sucker.

Actually, that was why I brought the plate with me to Detroit in the first place.

I figured you just never know if Shelby might be around.

Being able to get up on the Turnstyle and put the plate on the car was a pretty good consolation!

Just curious - if you had it signed, would you use it as an every day plate or ?

That sucker would get put into the glass display case in room with the shrine dedicated to Carroll Shelby.

I would take it out once a month and gently clean it with the canned air to remove dust, then lovingly wipe it down with a soft microfiber cloth, and on every anniversary I would tenderly caress the license plate in a warm carnuba wax application and return it into its display case.. :blink: :blink:

In other words, NO.

Just curious - if you had it signed, would you use it as an every day plate or ?

Well Guys, In Ontario you're issued Two plates. By Law you're supposed to apply them front and back. The front plate brackets are put on at the Dealership. My dealer, who's SVT and Saleen certified, only puts the brackets on if the Owner asks for it be done. I intend on keeping the bracket off. How could I deface my Shelby?! Most cops here realize that some cars just don't 'benefit' from a front plate. As long as I'm not harassed by the the constabulary I won't be putting it on.

That would be the plate I'd have Mr. Shelby sign.

If the Cops tell me to put the front plate on and I can't reason with them, I'll go to the License Bureau and order another pair. So no, the Shelby signed plate would sit at home in a safe viewing area!

I'll get the rear plate 3M'ed before I apply it.

Do you think that You could get him to Sign it Robert??!! :rolleyes: Please!!

Well Guys, In Ontario you're issued Two plates. By Law you're supposed to apply them front and back. The front plate brackets are put on at the Dealership. My dealer, who's SVT and Saleen certified, only puts the brackets on if the Owner asks for it be done. I intend on keeping the bracket off. How could I deface my Shelby?! Most cops here realize that some cars just don't 'benefit' from a front plate. As long as I'm not harassed by the the constabulary I won't be putting it on.

That would be the plate I'd have Mr. Shelby sign.

If the Cops tell me to put the front plate on and I can't reason with them, I'll go to the License Bureau and order another pair. So no, the Shelby signed plate would sit at home in a safe viewing area!

I'll get the rear plate 3M'ed before I apply it.

Do you think that You could get him to Sign it Robert??!! :rolleyes: Please!!

Well, being a Canadians fan is one strike against you. . . .my wife is from Barrie and it's Toronto all the way (blahhhhhhh).

Yes, I will ask Carroll Shelby to sign your licence plate for you - it would be fantastic :) I think that he would get a kick out of it. Your best bet is to get it in the mail to me ASAP though. Send me an e-mail and I can give you my address (rlane1@blueovalnews.com)

Well, being a Canadians fan is one strike against you. . . .my wife is from Barrie and it's Toronto all the way (blahhhhhhh).

Yes, I will ask Carroll Shelby to sign your licence plate for you - it would be fantastic :) I think that he would get a kick out of it. Your best bet is to get it in the mail to me ASAP though. Send me an e-mail and I can give you my address (rlane1@blueovalnews.com)

Thanks Robert, I've emailed you!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now I know I like you Robert!!!!!!

Scumbags! At least I know what it feels like for My Team to win a Stanley Cup!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now I know I like you Robert!!!!!!

Scumbags! At least I know what it feels like for My Team to win a Stanley Cup!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You cut me deep Shrek!! ;);)

Speaking of skating, I have to sharpen my Bauers before ice hits here.

PJ, Think the canals will freeze over this year? I remember in 97(?) when I was working in Rotterdam, the Eleven Cities Tour was being run further north. I couldn't believe that the organizers were actually harvesting large pieces of ice from smaller canals and laying them onto the unfrozen race route just so people could skate. Fanatical!

There is a coldfront coming from the East. In parts of neighbouring Germany it's well under -20C. I think that is around 0F. Here -8C at night and 0C daytime.

The rayonheads in Friesland are together again for our Elfstedentocht. Last time was 4 Jan 97. If the ice is good over 20.000 people will do the tocht. There are people who start at 6AM and hope to make it before midnight. It's 200 kilometers. So they drink a lot of Beerenburg.

My house is at the edge of a small canal and there is some ice but not thick enough.

Now we are getting way of topic, 07?

In Ontario and I imagine elsewhere in Canada and the States, you can order a personalized plate anytime without registering it to an actual car. As long as you have a valid drivers license you're good to go. This way you can plan ahead! I ordered the plate the afternoon the NY Prototype hit the Web and I've had it tucked away since I got it in the mail.

The day that my dealer registers my Shelby, they'll get validation stickers for the plate.

As long as I never register the plate to a vehicle in my name, I have the right to Sell the plate to anyone else who is registering a car in Ontario. Or to a collector anywhere.

The SVT guy laughed when he saw it and said that a guy from Michigan was at the show on Sunday with the exact same plate. Michigan issued of course.

I'd like to see that guy post his photo as well. Hey whoever you are, post it!

here is my Ohio plate for my GT500 <i'm number 1 at my dealer>

post-2832-1138158099_thumb.jpg

post-2832-1138158099_thumb.jpg

Archived