TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Happy Birthday Marine Corp

I dang near spewed water on that one! :hysterical:

Me too! :hysterical: I guess we will have to take up our friend in Florida on his offer! :happy feet: Heck, I might even buy the corpsman a beer...if he can keep up! :hysterical: DISCLAIMER: I do not condone the drinking of alcohol in any shape, form or fashion.

Oh yeah, I think our Dutch Marine is invited too?! :happy feet: :hysterical:

Two questions for CH53Driver:

1. Do you use water injection on the engines?

2. Gator Navy?

Saw a combat command team jump from a CH53 at the air show a couple of weeks back at Lackland AFB. The climb-out on the CH53 was impressive - one moderate circuit and they were 10000 AGL. Lot of darker smoke during the take-off made me suspect H2O. They were AF combat command but the CH53 was from Corpus Christi NAS. I think they all played well together :happy feet:

BTW Raptor did not disappoint :drool:

Two questions for CH53Driver:

1. Do you use water injection on the engines?

2. Gator Navy?

Saw a combat command team jump from a CH53 at the air show a couple of weeks back at Lackland AFB. The climb-out on the CH53 was impressive - one moderate circuit and they were 10000 AGL. Lot of darker smoke during the take-off made me suspect H2O. They were AF combat command but the CH53 was from Corpus Christi NAS. I think they all played well together :happy feet:

BTW Raptor did not disappoint :drool:

moabman,

No, we do not use water injection on our engines. They just like to trail dark smoke...I guess that is the price you pay for high horsepower out of a 1970/80's engine. The MH-53E uses the General Electric T64-419 engines and the CH-53E uses the T-64-416/416A engine. The only real difference is in the fuel control unit.

Yes, I am on a "Gator". It is an LHD class ship and I think I might have posted a picture on here of it before. If you want, I can post another?

I feel for ya, remember those days all too well. Car is doing great! Added Magnaflows (used), have decided the 3:73s are going in and a CAI + tune as soon as my "car money" CD matures (mid December). Will see if we want to go further from there, like the car as it is right now, feel these mods will improve drivability, see how they impact and decide. Leaning on suspension mods after that as it stands now, I love the left and right turn stuff!

I feel for ya, remember those days all too well. Car is doing great! Added Magnaflows (used), have decided the 3:73s are going in and a CAI + tune as soon as my "car money" CD matures (mid December). Will see if we want to go further from there, like the car as it is right now, feel these mods will improve drivability, see how they impact and decide. Leaning on suspension mods after that as it stands now, I love the left and right turn stuff!

Sorry for the delay in the response, haven't been on here in a few days. Yeah, I think you will like your future mods. I think my next mods will be a throttle body, pulley, and then I want to do the suspension, wheels, and then brakes in that order. Eventually I will work my way to a blower upgrade. Have you thought about attending Mustang Week in Myrtle next year Bill?

Did I get it?

My daughter spent some time on LHD6 as a midshipman.

Yeah, you got two of the ships I have been on, #1 (the current ship I am on) and #7 (the first ship I was on)!

Just curious how many knew about the CSA Marines mentioned above?

I know a little bit, not much though. I don't believe that either the US Marines or the CSA Marines played a huge role on the Civil War, but a role none the less.

Let's not forget that they are a dept . of the Navy ! :salute:

Hehe, ok you opened yourself up to this one again...The Men's Department! :hysterical:

Yeah , as soon as I typed it !!!It's all good..got fond memories of fixing beat up CH53 dog house doors being a Navy Metalsmith !! B)

Yeah, those doghouse doors take quite a beating...well, actually just about all our panels take a beating! Interesting that you were a metalsmith...AIMD correct? One of my best crew chiefs was a former Navy HT. Good times, I miss being in a squadron on a boat. Of course, I have a new appreciation for you Navy guys/gals now that I am ship's company. Drills, drills, drills and more drills!

Matt, have never looked into the Myrtle Beach thing, still trying to figure out if I want to retire (again) this spring (be 62 in March) and give myself the Barbers Mustang thing as a retirement present....If I do retire again I will have to make a trip to Edwards AFB to visit the oldest kid, my son-in-law is a shrink staitioned there and we have not been there to visit but have hit the other two, one in DC and one in TX now.

Having spent 12 years of sea duty on carriers (ACLS tech) I used to hate when the airdales (forgive me for using half a word) moved onboard.....had to throw that in there...the air wing guys have my greatest respect, the pilots are the best in the world and live on the edge with what looks like ease. Many funny stories and great times.......

You do know the difference between a sea story and a fairy tale?

Sea story starts out.....this ain't no sh_t......

Archived