TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hey All You Blue with Silver Stripe Guys...Check This Out

So I was cruising through my local Hobby Lobby and stumbled upon a die cast model kit of a blue with tungsten stripe "2006 Shelby GT500"....yes I typed 2006.

So anyway I bought the two they had and put one together.

Check out the pics.......

Mine however, came with two passenger side mufflers so I emailed the company to see if they could replace missing parts.

There are 3 more in another local Hobby Lobby..if anyone wants one let me know.

DSCF0026.JPG

DSCF0029.JPG

DSCF0032.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0037.JPG

11_9_08_007.jpg

11_9_08_009.jpg

DSCF0026.JPG

DSCF0029.JPG

DSCF0032.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0037.JPG

11_9_08_007.jpg

11_9_08_009.jpg

So I was cruising through my local Hobby Lobby and stumbled upon a die cast model kit of a blue with tungsten stripe "2006 Shelby GT500"....yes I typed 2006.

So anyway I bought the two they had and put one together.

Check out the pics.......

Mine however, came with two passenger side mufflers so I emailed the company to see if they could replace missing parts.

There are 3 more in another local Hobby Lobby..if anyone wants one let me know.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these; I've been looking everywhere!

CC

I just grabbed this in an Austin, TX Hobby Lobby while I was down there on business. The box says something like "2006 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 Cobra." I guess they didn't want to take any chances!

As far as assembly, the "minimal gluing" part on the box is crap! There's plenty of gluing to be done! However, if you've built models before, it's a piece of cake.

The detail is incredible, and very accurate! It's the best-looking model I've seen, by far! I only wish it was 1:18 scale instead of 1:24.

Archived