TEAM SHELBY FORUM

someone is good at photoshop over at the mustang source forums

brian70068

I like it. I think the "hips" and other features give it a more aggresive look, and help it start to escape the retro look which it needs to begin doing, yet it still looks like a Mustang.

Looking at the before and afters, I believe the actual car will appear much more aggressive than the photoshop shows.

Alot of the sharpened feature lines on the sheet metal transitions didn't come through. For instance, at the rear quarter panel (in front of the tire) there is a transition missing as well as a realistic scoop. Same thing for all of the detail above the front tire moving from the qurter panel to the hood. The effect is a blue blob in these areas. Very nice though and something I definitely couldn't do!

I dig the new look. The 'Charger' feature is from the circa '68's so it fits with the S197. A nice update to J. Mays and his slab-sided designs. Bummer they weren't on the '05 design. Ah well... :cry:

Now for the powertrain upgrades......

Looking at the before and afters, I believe the actual car will appear much more aggressive than the photoshop shows.

Alot of the sharpened feature lines on the sheet metal transitions didn't come through. For instance, at the rear quarter panel (in front of the tire) there is a transition missing as well as a realistic scoop. Same thing for all of the detail above the front tire moving from the qurter panel to the hood. The effect is a blue blob in these areas. Very nice though and something I definitely couldn't do!

I dig the new look. The 'Charger' feature is from the circa '68's so it fits with the S197. A nice update to J. Mays and his slab-sided designs. Bummer they weren't on the '05 design. Ah well... :cry:

Now for the powertrain upgrades......

Those are *Exactly* the parts that I did not like in the photos. If they look better in person....this car will be very nice indeed.

my big problem is not with the looks of the new stang..in person i think it will look fare better then what we have now with much improved interior (i can hope)....like others..will i buy one?...not until the new powerrain arrives specifically the 5.0L and the eco boost...im not spending monies for the old powertrain...same reason i will wait awhile for a new F150

my big problem is not with the looks of the new stang..in person i think it will look fare better then what we have now with much improved interior (i can hope)....like others..will i buy one?...not until the new powerrain arrives specifically the 5.0L and the eco boost...im not spending monies for the old powertrain...same reason i will wait awhile for a new F150

Yep...it might be good to wait another year or 2. From what I have heard....the 2011 GT500 will have an all alum. block and 550 HP. The exhaust will have 2-3/4 inch pipes with a H-Pipe and rear differential will have a Hydrolic Torque sensoring capability.

Yep...it might be good to wait another year or 2. From what I have heard....the 2011 GT500 will have an all alum. block and 550 HP. The exhaust will have 2-3/4 inch pipes with a H-Pipe and rear differential will have a Hydrolic Torque sensoring capability.

some things are worth waiting for :peelout:

It will aslo have electric power steering, a selectable suspension for those who want a touring ride (feel) , sports car (feel) and the OMG feeling, it also includes morphing capabilities, 4WD & an ejection seat :hysterical: for those who brag about any other brand of car while riding in the car & the driver has heard enough BS

It looks kind of big and bloated to me............almost like a 300C looks kind of bloated for lack of a better way to describe it. Bottom line, the look of the '07-'09 kicks ass, as did the '67-'68!!

I agree, the '07-'09 cars are heavy, but look lean and mean. The new model looks the part too, but not in a good way.

The antenna and rear diffuser are bothersome to me. The antenna draws too much attention, more that the current models. Same with the diffuser.

As of now I'm not a real big fan of the new model. It seems as though Ford wanted to change it just to change it, rather than improve an already great design.

These are all just my opinions. It might change next week. :drool:

Well I hope some current GT500 owners like them........I really want a Vista Blue coupe or vert for summer daily driver. Low mile, non modded used trade in! $30k range would be nice, I can't start looking until spring though.

I agree, the '07-'09 cars are heavy, but look lean and mean. The new model looks the part too, but not in a good way.

The antenna and rear diffuser are bothersome to me. The antenna draws too much attention, more that the current models. Same with the diffuser.

As of now I'm not a real big fan of the new model. It seems as though Ford wanted to change it just to change it, rather than improve an already great design.

These are all just my opinions. It might change next week. :drool:

I do agree the current S197 is everything anyone could've expected. A bit sedate for me but that's just me. In 2010 the production model will be 5 years old; that's a nice run. Considering that 7-10 is "old" for a design it would be expected that they give it some unique style to set it apart from the current car.

Looking 40 years back at the '60s models one can all see the minor differences that would make that year someone's favorite. To get past the "Charger" description take a quick look at the 67-69's (hating those of you who walked to the garage to do this! lol). This is a Mustang feature as well. I don't think the redesign will suffer from having some features like these as part of the look.

The best part of all is that if the 2010 design isn't better one can always get a gently used 05-09!!! I think it will be alright though-as long as the color scheme isn't an option. :barf:

In my opinion, some of the items are improvements, some are not. I like the new mirrors and wheels, plus the fact that they moved the antenna. However, the front end and rear end look better on the current car. One definite improvement though is the interior, with more features and better looking materials.

Funny story. I was driving down the main drag last night and saw an 90s Toyota Corolla with the exact same color scheme, two red Le Mans stripes on a grabber bluish body, and Wal-Mart spinners. And no, I did not make that up. That thing was ugly! The color had a lot to do with it.

Archived