TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Obama's chief of staff choice favors compulsory universal service

Your Right;

But Bush will be leaving a missguided unfinished Iraq War that he started and Bin Laden Public Enemy#1

still on the loose and an Economy close to shambles with the majority of Americans much poorer..........

I wish we could turn the clock back to the Clinton President days......Guess "Hillbillies" not bad??????????

You really cannot exclusively rely on MSNBC and the other liberal media outlets or something you heard from someone else to form an opinion on anything much less on the presidents performance, he did not send our troops to war, CONGRESS did and Bin Laden is a non-issue as he is not calling the shots anymore since we kicked his ass out of Afghanistan, his being taken-out would be only symbolic at this point. The "economy" as you call it (current economic situation) is a cumulative result of the housing market downturn, gas prices upturn and the Fannie May/Freddie Mac debacle none of which was perpetrated by President Bush or even the “GOP”, your democrat congress was much more to blame than him, they are the biggest do-nothing congress in history (check out the approval stats) I think they truly believe that they were sent there by the American people just to screw with Bush and impede his progress (because that’s all they’ve done).

I'm am glad that you feel that we SHOULD finish the war in Iraq however, especially since we have made such huge gains there, or are you blaming him for our successes in Iraq as well?

Instead of being a sponge for the liberal media take an open-minded look at what his administration has accomplished, throughout most of his presidency (no thanks to the Dems) this economy has been doing quite well employment was up, interest rates where down and we installed Democracy in two nations, the work is not done there but neither are we. I hear the liberal media complaining constantly that we have lost over 4000 troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and although I don’t mean to diminish their sacrifice I will say that what they DON’T tell you is that this includes ALL losses including accidents, natural causes and suicide in addition, they don’t tell you that we loose over 1000 troops per year to accidents here in the States during peace time! Do the math (7x1000 doesn’t equal 4000) the complaining, although accurate isn’t justified. In a nutshell, it was criminal what the liberal media has done during this election season as they have robbed the American people of the ability of making a prudent and inform decision.

Ok, I know I’ve went off on a tangent on this but I really wish people would become more informed before drawing an opinion and particularly before voting and they should do that by using all media outlets liberal and conservative alike because somewhere in that mess is the truth. I hear all the time people proudly proclaim that “it’s MY Right to vote” yes, but with that right comes an awesome responsibility to be as informed as possible. Oh yea, and as for the Clinton's....... becarefull what you ask for because "you ain't seen nothin yet!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really cannot exclusively rely on MSNBC and the other liberal media outlets or something you heard from someone else to form an opinion on anything much less on the presidents performance, he did not send our troops to war, CONGRESS did and Bin Laden is a non-issue as he is not calling the shots anymore since we kicked his ass out of Afghanistan, his being taken-out would be only symbolic at this point. The "economy" as you call it (current economic situation) is a cumulative result of the housing market downturn, gas prices upturn and the Fannie May/Freddie Mac debacle none of which was perpetrated by President Bush or even the "GOP", your democrat congress was much more to blame than him, they are the biggest do-nothing congress in history (check out the approval stats) I think they truly believe that they were sent there by the American people just to screw with Bush and impede his progress (because that's all they've done).

I'm am glad that you feel that we SHOULD finish the war in Iraq however, especially since we have made such huge gains there, or are you blaming him for our successes in Iraq as well?

Instead of being a sponge for the liberal media take an open-minded look at what his administration has accomplished, throughout most of his presidency (no thanks to the Dems) this economy has been doing quite well employment was up, interest rates where down and we installed Democracy in two nations, the work is not done there but neither are we. I hear the liberal media complaining constantly that we have lost over 4000 troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and although I don't mean to diminish their sacrifice I will say that what they DON'T tell you is that this includes ALL losses including accidents, natural causes and suicide in addition, they don't tell you that we loose over 1000 troops per year to accidents here in the States during peace time! Do the math (7x1000 doesn't equal 4000) the complaining, although accurate isn't justified. In a nutshell, it was criminal what the liberal media has done during this election season as they have robbed the American people of the ability of making a prudent and inform decision.

Ok, I know I've went off on a tangent on this but I really wish people would become more informed before drawing an opinion and particularly before voting and they should do that by using all media outlets liberal and conservative alike because somewhere in that mess is the truth. I hear all the time people proudly proclaim that "it's MY Right to vote" yes, but with that right comes an awesome responsibility to be as informed as possible. Oh yea, and as for the Clinton's....... becarefull what you ask for because "you ain't seen nothin yet!

+1 Very well said!! So refreshing to read- the TRUTH for a change!! :happy feet:

In a nutshell, it was criminal what the liberal media has done during this election season as they have robbed the American people of the ability of making a prudent and inform decision.

Agruably, the best single sentance I've read this week regarding media bias during this election cycle.

You really cannot exclusively rely on MSNBC and the other liberal media outlets or something you heard from someone else to form an opinion on anything much less on the presidents performance, he did not send our troops to war, CONGRESS did and Bin Laden is a non-issue as he is not calling the shots anymore since we kicked his ass out of Afghanistan, his being taken-out would be only symbolic at this point. The "economy" as you call it (current economic situation) is a cumulative result of the housing market downturn, gas prices upturn and the Fannie May/Freddie Mac debacle none of which was perpetrated by President Bush or even the “GOP”, your democrat congress was much more to blame than him, they are the biggest do-nothing congress in history (check out the approval stats) I think they truly believe that they were sent there by the American people just to screw with Bush and impede his progress (because that’s all they’ve done).

Instead of being a sponge for the liberal media take an open-minded look at what his administration has accomplished, throughout most of his presidency (no thanks to the Dems) this economy has been doing quite well employment was up, interest rates where down and we installed Democracy in two nations, the work is not done there but neither are we. I hear the liberal media complaining constantly that we have lost over 4000 troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and although I don’t mean to diminish their sacrifice I will say that what they DON’T tell you is that this includes ALL losses including accidents, natural causes and suicide in addition, they don’t tell you that we loose over 1000 troops per year to accidents here in the States during peace time! Do the math (7x1000 doesn’t equal 4000) the complaining, although accurate isn’t justified. In a nutshell, it was criminal what the liberal media has done during this election season as they have robbed the American people of the ability of making a prudent and inform decision.

Ok, I know I’ve went off on a tangent on this but I really wish people would become more informed before drawing an opinion and particularly before voting and they should do that by using all media outlets liberal and conservative alike because somewhere in that mess is the truth. I hear all the time people proudly proclaim that “it’s MY Right to vote” yes, but with that right comes an awesome responsibility to be as informed as possible. Oh yea, and as for the Clinton's....... becarefull what you ask for because "you ain't seen nothin yet!

Long post full of opinians and you are entitled to them....................... :)

You could of got all that from "Rush Limbaugh"????????????????

The election was a Delegate Landslide victory for Obama......................

Please get over it and help support our new President-Elect...................

So, what would you recommend for a viable, non-partisan news source?

Hannity? Limbaugh? Faux News? Beck? Dobbs? O'Reilly? :hysterical:

"I really wish people would become more informed before drawing an opinion and particularly before voting and they should do that by using ALL media outlets liberal and conservative alike because somewhere in that mess is the truth".

Unfortunately, we have to rely on some form of media outlet to keep informed it appears to me that the only way we can do this is to absorb ALL information and try to separate fact from fiction by realizing the obvious and using a little common sense, unless you could be a fly on the wall inside both campaigns I don’t see any other way, JMO.

Where do you get YOUR information? C'mon, do you really feel MSNBC and most all of the other networks were non-partisan? If so, you were not engaged. The truth is (now step back, clear your mind and take a look) the LIBERAL MEDIA won this election for Obama all he had to do was baffle us with BS and be the right percentage of black. I know I'm going to step on a few toes with that one but how many of you out there can honestly say that that was not the case (you don't have to say it out loud just think to yourself) and no, I'm not a racist, I believe that what MLK said about "content of character" is profound but there must be some reason why 95% of voting blacks voted for him. That being said, I do think that having voted in our first African American president is great for the country and in that respect I think it will help bring the unity Obama speaks of and perhaps prove that America is not as racist as some would have us believe and undoutedly many people voted for him (to some degree) based on this but in this election the only thing of value (to help make a decision) that we learned about Obama were his relationships with less than desirable people, his propensity for raising taxes and that he did drugs all of which speak to character.

I have NEVER heard ANYONE be able to come up with even ONE political accomplishment (other than he could organize with the best of them) I watch everything from FOX to FREE SPEECH TV to make an informed decision.

“Hannity? Limbaugh? Faux News? Beck? Dobbs? O'Reilly?” Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes as well as Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann , Rachel Maddow, Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson, Peter Jennings, Katie Couric….are you getting this?

The truth is, tough questions were just not asked! And believe it or not I don’t even consider myself a Republican…….. just an American.

Long post full of opinians and you are entitled to them....................... :)

You could of got all that from "Rush Limbaugh"????????????????

The election was a Delegate Landslide victory for Obama......................

Please get over it and help support our new President-Elect...................

1. Yep, but they are MINE not the media's

2. Coulda, but didn't. Have you ever really LISTENED (with an open mind) to Rush Limbaugh?

3. 6 million votes was hardly a "Landslide", Obama won the electoral votes because he squeaked by in those states that had a high count. In most states winning by one in the popular vote gives the winner ALL of the delegates votes (all or nothing).

4. Where did you get the idea that I plan not to support our commander-in-chief?

Unfortunately, they are all somewhat slanted. What I would suggest is listening to both sides - I do find that CNN excludes more of what I consider relevant. FOX does seem to have more guests with dissenting opinions on.

The bottom line is that stories are suppressed on both outlets. Don't avoid listening to one or the other because you don't like what they say. I heard this morning that the embedded media that travels with the campaigns have had an agreement for years that they would not divulge any negative information they find out when traveling with the campaigns until after the election. It's surprising what's coming out now, but knowing this, it shouldn't be unexpected.

My guy didn't win, but it's the way the country works. In 2010 we will have a track record to look at when we vote again. If Obama and the Congress have a good record, the Democrats will do well. If they have a bad record then the balance of power will shift. But for now, the election is over. The people, whether we were informed or uninformed, have spoken. Obama will be the President on January 20th.

Let's get it together. We have to trust that the system will eventually make things right. I'd ask that we don't fall into the same mode that we did when Bush was elected -- i.e., let's not start complaining that Obama isn't my president, or Obama lied, or any other such nonsense. It is what it is. The kind of disgruntled garbage that went on after Bush was elected did nothing but help create our lousy reputation overseas.

I travel to Europe a few times a year. If you saw the kinds of stories run over there you would understand why we are thought of the way we are around the world. They never show anything good, they show the turmoil and hatred that is displayed in this country. If you think CNN is slanted, you ought to watch the BBC.

Let's all calm down and let the system work. Just make an effort to hear both sides so you at least understand what is going on here.

That is disgusting and that 'educator' should be repremanded; I will guess that this wasn't the only elementry class in America where it happened and a example of why my wife and I send our children to pirvate school.

"

If Schumer and his cronies have their way they may come up with the new and improved SUPER (un)"fairness doctrine" and require all student instruction both public and private to hear "both sides" of the issues, not unlike the video I'm sure!

"

If Schumer and his cronies have their way they may come up with the new and improved SUPER (un)"fairness doctrine" and require all student instruction both public and private to hear "both sides" of the issues, not unlike the video I'm sure!

As soon as they impose the so called "fairness doctrine' on public colleges, universities and primary schools they can suggest private schools do the same... When the Govment gives us school choice with vouchers then MAYBE they will have a say about what happens and what's taught in private schools, as it is today, they have no say in private school policy and cirriculum.

Chuckie and his ilk can go pound sand, that crap won't happen in our private school where they/we impose our own fairness doctrine and don't need the Govment to tell us what's fair and what's not.

BTW, our children attend a VERY 'Progressive', private elementary school; each classroom has two teachers, one of which is accredited and class size is limited to 22-25 students depending on the grade.

As soon as they impose the so called "fairness doctrine' on public colleges, universities and primary schools they can suggest private schools do the same... When the Govment gives us school choice with vouchers then MAYBE they will have a say about what happens and what's taught in private schools, as it is today, they have no say in private school policy and cirriculum.

Chuckie and his ilk can go pound sand, that crap won't happen in our private school where they/we impose our own fairness doctrine and don't need the Govment to tell us what's fair and what's not.

BTW, our children attend a VERY 'Progressive', private elementary school; each classroom has two teachers, one of which is accredited and class size is limited to 22-25 students depending on the grade.

"Chuckie and his ilk can go pound sand, that crap won't happen in our private school where they/we impose our own fairness doctrine and don't need the Govment to tell us what's fair and what's not".

That’s a good thought for Nov 2010. "Pound sand", I haven't heard that in awhile, were you ever in the Military?

"Chuckie and his ilk can go pound sand, that crap won't happen in our private school where they/we impose our own fairness doctrine and don't need the Govment to tell us what's fair and what's not".

That’s a good thought for Nov 2010. "Pound sand", I haven't heard that in awhile, were you ever in the Military?

4th generation Marine, both my parants were Marines

Celebrating our 233 birthday tomorrow :party2: and I'll be placing flags out in the National Cemetery in San Mateo, CA for Veterans Day this Tuesday

4th generation Marine, both my parants were Marines

Celebrating our 233 birthday tomorrow :party2: and I'll be placing flags out in the National Cemetery in San Mateo, CA for Veterans Day this Tuesday

Great! I work with Marines daily (2111's), great bunch of guys I'm a DOD civilian/Armament retiree, fixin guns for the armament school house at APG, Md Conventional weapons Division. God I love my job! Happy Birthday Marine Corps!

Here's a teacher with a class.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=215103

That's NO CLASS....and a stupidity reminded me of the McCain supporter that refused to give Halloween candy to kids that said they liked Obama in the sense that on any side there are partisans who are just jerks wrapped in a candidates poster but none the less jerks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6kiGYhzZv8

Of course I didn't post this back before the election because I didn't think it should be any hit against McCain.

But then there are others that see the jerkyness for what it is:

http://www.freep.com/article/20081102/NEWS02/81102035?imw=Y

That's NO CLASS....and a stupidity reminded me of the McCain supporter that refused to give Halloween candy to kids that said they liked Obama in the sense that on any side there are partisans who are just jerks wrapped in a candidates poster but none the less jerks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6kiGYhzZv8

Of course I didn't post this back before the election because I didn't think it should be any hit against McCain.

But then there are others that see the jerkyness for what it is:

http://www.freep.com/article/20081102/NEWS02/81102035?imw=Y

I agree with your point but at the same time I see some minor differences between the two examples here. One was about a piece of paper posted on someones front door that would be removed after one night that also made network news and the other that occurred in a public school class room.

Jeff

I agree with your point but at the same time I see some minor differences between the two examples here. One was about a piece of paper posted on someones front door that would be removed after one night that also made network news and the other that occurred in a public school class room.

Jeff

As I said, they are VERY different...but BOTH are people that are just jerks and yet some people that try to use their jerky actions as some sort of political indictment of one or the other candidate. If this was a simple report of a bad teacher that acted inappropriately that would be one thing but the focus and FIRST word of the headline is that she's an Obama supporter. In reality it doesn't matter who she supported what matters is that what she did was wrong, and there is no question about that, as was the Halloween McCain lady.

That was my only point and issue with this.

1. Yep, but they are MINE not the media's

2. Coulda, but didn't. Have you ever really LISTENED (with an open mind) to Rush Limbaugh?

3. 6 million votes was hardly a "Landslide", Obama won the electoral votes because he squeaked by in those states that had a high count. In most states winning by one in the popular vote gives the winner ALL of the delegates votes (all or nothing).

4. Where did you get the idea that I plan not to support our commander-in-chief?

Okay thats cool but remember there were simple minded ignorant votes cast and counted

the same for both Republicans and Demacrats.................................................. :rolleyes:

Okay thats cool but remember there were simple minded ignorant votes cast and counted

the same for both Republicans and Demacrats.................................................. :rolleyes:

I agree, (I think) that's why it’s so important for the media to REPORT the news instead of manufacturing or manipulating it AND for people to be engaged in the process BEFORE they cast their vote.

Also as for listening to Rush Limbaugh with an open mind???????????

I do sometimes but only untill he makes a "STUPID ARROGANT COMMENT" then I turn him off..............

So I never get to listen to him long................ :hysterical:

I agree, (I think) that's why it’s so important for the media to REPORT the news instead of manufacturing or manipulating it AND for people to be engaged in the process BEFORE they cast their vote.

And I believe the majority of American Voters are Intelligent enough to make an informed logical

decision.................

If the majority of informed Voters believed "EVERYTHING" that the political adds stated from

both Presidential Campaigns than McCain would have easily won and Obama would probably

be charged with conspiracy and treason???????????????????????

Good thing the majority is smarter than this............................... :)

Also as for listening to Rush Limbaugh with an open mind???????????

I do sometimes but only untill he makes a "STUPID ARROGANT COMMENT" then I turn him off..............

So I never get to listen to him long................ :hysterical:

I’m not sure what you would consider “stupid or arrogant” but I assure you the man is neither at times he makes what may appear as “arrogant” comments because he knows it drives the libs mad. Try temporarily setting aside what you don’t like (open mind) and listen to the full content of what he is saying he may start to make sense and if not you may be a liberal (a little modified Jeff Foxworthy there).

And I believe the majority of American Voters are Intelligent enough to make an informed logical

decision.................

If the majority of informed Voters believed "EVERYTHING" that the political adds stated from

both Presidential Campaigns than McCain would have easily won and Obama would probably

be charged with conspiracy and treason???????????????????????

Good thing the majority is smarter than this............................... :)

That is true, provided the media does their job and as you know by now I DON'T think that happened this go-around.

That is true, provided the media does their job and as you know by now I DON'T think that happened this go-around.

There was extreme slanted Media for both sides which aggravated me and as far as

Cable TV Media I felt that CNN was the most Fair to both Presidential Campaigns........... :)

I’m not sure what you would consider “stupid or arrogant” but I assure you the man is neither at times he makes what may appear as “arrogant” comments because he knows it drives the libs mad. Try temporarily setting aside what you don’t like (open mind) and listen to the full content of what he is saying he may start to make sense and if not you may be a liberal (a little modified Jeff Foxworthy there).

Would you consider "ONE HAND TIED BEHIND MY BACK TO MAKE IT FAIR"

Or "ALL OBAMA IS ANOTHER CHICAGO POLITICAL THUG"

Stupid or Arragant?????????????

He needs to do better than this for me to continue listening................

There was extreme slanted Media for both sides which aggravated me and as far as

Cable TV Media I felt that CNN was the most Fair to both Presidential Campaigns........... :)

OMG, can you please tell me which media outlet displayed an "extreme slant" FOR the McCain camp? I would suspect that you would have a hard time finding anyone else that noticed that I watched them all and the only slanting I saw was for his opponent and it was to a profound degree (now I’m not talking about talk radio, Rush and Hannity both pretty much slammed McCain before the election for not being the conservative he says he is). FOX news, although they lean right always have opposing viewpoints on their shows and was the only network that gave anything remotely close to a fair and balanced portrayal.

Archived