TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jobless rate bolts to 14-year high of 6.5 percent

I heard about this on the news this morning very sad and I get phone calls about a new layoff everday :call:

I also heard that Ford sales dropped 19%. :cry:

The nation's unemployment rate bolted to a 14-year high of 6.5 percent in October as another 240,000 jobs were cut, the government said Friday. It was stark proof the economy is almost certainly in a recession.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081107/economy.html

My Mom works for the State and they went from "if you work more than 40 hours you're fired" to mandatory 7 days a week 12 hours a day trying to process all the paperwork. First was the filings due to Ike now the recession.

What about GM also running low on cash. It does not look good, unless of course your Exxon/Mobile. They have more cash than they know what to do with and love to brag every chance they get.

First, they are required to file quarterly reports. Last time I looked, your friend Barney Frank is the one to complain to if you want this requirement dropped. He'll probably do as good a job as he did regulating the sub-prime mortgage bundles that have crippled our economy.

Second, oil has now fallen over 60% in the last 6 months. Go ahead scream for a windfall profits tax - at this rate there won't be a profit to tax.

And last but not least - unemployment so high that it hasn't been seen in 14 years! By my math, of course it's probably not as sophisticated as that Massachusetts math of yours, that would place the unemployment rate now as high as it was during the second year of that economic genius, Bill Clinton's term.

When I come to work in the morning I'm always the first one.......................each day I worry if the doors will be locked up, things are not good, but I have a plan "B" just in case.

First, they are required to file quarterly reports. Last time I looked, your friend Barney Frank is the one to complain to if you want this requirement dropped. He'll probably do as good a job as he did regulating the sub-prime mortgage bundles that have crippled our economy.

Second, oil has now fallen over 60% in the last 6 months. Go ahead scream for a windfall profits tax - at this rate there won't be a profit to tax.

And last but not least - unemployment so high that it hasn't been seen in 14 years! By my math, of course it's probably not as sophisticated as that Massachusetts math of yours, that would place the unemployment rate now as high as it was during the second year of that economic genius, Bill Clinton's term.

Do you not like people from Massachusetts? I didn't know we had our own math. I vowed never to attack anyone personaly on this web site no matter how far to the left some get. I come here to read other opinions and have some fun. I will continue to follow my principles here at T\S.

Archived