TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's for real

ddtlaw

I called my dealer today to get an update on my order and he gave me a build date, today as a matter of fact, a VIN and a delivery date of 11/4/06, which is 2 days before my birthday. I haven't let myself get excited before now because I really didn't know if it would ever happen. I've been number 1 on my dealer's list for 18 months but got bumped to number 2 when I decided on a hardtop and the dealer wanted a ragtop first for the grand opening of their new dealership. Number 1 arrived about 2 months ago.

Is there any way to track my car's progress with the VIN?

Does 20 days sound right between build date and delivery?

I've waited a year and a half so what's a few more weeks...yeah right! I'm climbing the freakin walls!

:happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader:

I called my dealer today to get an update on my order and he gave me a build date, today as a matter of fact, a VIN and a delivery date of 11/4/06, which is 2 days before my birthday. I haven't let myself get excited before now because I really didn't know if it would ever happen. I've been number 1 on my dealer's list for 18 months but got bumped to number 2 when I decided on a hardtop and the dealer wanted a ragtop first for the grand opening of their new dealership. Number 1 arrived about 2 months ago.

I've waited a year and a half so what's a few more weeks...yeah right! I'm climbing the freakin walls!

:happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader:

Congrats and welcome to the site. Hopefully you get it before your B-Day. Your at the right website for info before your dealer gets it,on your delivery.

My car arrived at dealer tonight. Was built Aug. 7/09, Released Aug.9/06 and shipped Sept. 14/06. Something obviously happened, that I can only figure as problems in the shipping. So based on a shipment of Sept. 14/06 my car took aprox. 1 month. Michigan to Vancouver, BC, Canada

Good luck - If you want any good info or updates, this is the place to get it.

The customer service number if I'm not mistaken is 800-367-3788. I was also given a 3 week delivery time but I will beleave it when I see it.

Talking about climbing the walls.... I work in Iraq and was just home 2 weeks ago. A week after I got back, I got the call mine was moved up for a build date of Oct 26. I too will be calling the CS number as I got woke up at midnight last night by my dealer with the VIN..... I didn't go back to sleep...... I must have put a thousand miles on it last night..... :shift:

The customer service number if I'm not mistaken is 800-367-3788. I was also given a 3 week delivery time but I will beleave it when I see it.

Talking about climbing the walls.... I work in Iraq and was just home 2 weeks ago. A week after I got back, I got the call mine was moved up for a build date of Oct 26. I too will be calling the CS number as I got woke up at midnight last night by my dealer with the VIN..... I didn't go back to sleep...... I must have put a thousand miles on it last night..... :shift:

The CS # I have been calling is 800-392-3673 & just found out today that they are located in FLORIDA!

Why the Hell are they sending CS calls to FLORIDA to answer calls?

Don't call Ralph, I sense he is a little tired of answering all of our calls & may just turn off the information spicket.

My car was built yesterday & finished up today (takes 23.7 Hrs. to make one & they only run 2 shifts) and they claim it will ship out on the 23rd of this month.....But I'm not holding my breath either.

Hey Coldwater!!! I would encourage you to give Ralph a call. I called him for the first time today. I could not be happier with his response. He was very pleasant and even cracked several jokes with me!! (He told me that my GT 500 "sure does look good in yellow") At the end of our conversation he asked if I would please call him back after I have driven my new GT 500 for a couple of weeks. He is really interested to hear what I think about the car after driving it!! By the way, Ralph told me that my car was built 10/11. He said that it went to the stripe plant yesterday and would be there for five days. After that it would go back to the main plant for final inspections. It will be there for two to three days and then will be released for shipment. He said shipment will take about five days. That puts delivery to my dealer at 11/01!!!! I can't wait!!! Incidently, my car is red/white.

Archived