TEAM SHELBY FORUM

John McCain Thread

Jeff,

Exercising your power as a moderator to close this thread for no reason is weak and shows unnecessary censorship. This site has had too much of that and yours was for no apparent reason. You beat up on McCain supporters in general and then closed the thread. That's sad.

John

Your quote for those who are wondering:

"Dude get a clue"?

Nice. We both know what you where doing... and since McCain supporters can't even carry on a civil conversation when it's to honor their candidate, and since it's my thread, I'm closing it!

Sad.

Yea, after you throw out a barb about McCain supporters. I stand by my opinion that that shows no class.

John, best to let it go; hard to win a fight with one of these mods......

I am of the belief that the democrats now need to show that they can actually succeed at governing......I think that the next couple of years will show that it is a lot easier to promise, than to fulfill........way to late to do the bash Obama thing that some were doing......now its time to observe and point out where he is failing, if/when he does fail at governing......

overall, this is still a fairly conservative country, and the democrats really take a risk to be too extremist....

John, best to let it go; hard to win a fight with one of these mods......

I am of the belief that the democrats now need to show that they can actually succeed at governing......I think that the next couple of years will show that it is a lot easier to promise, than to fulfill........way to late to do the bash Obama thing that some were doing......now its time to observe and point out where he is failing, if/when he does fail at governing......

overall, this is still a fairly conservative country, and the democrats really take a risk to be too extremist....

You right. It just gets me that he takes a poke and then closes it like getting the last word and telling everyone to shut up. BTW, I wasn't trying to make it a fight. I just wanted to express my opinion and he eliminated that possiblity where I would have liked to do it.

You right. It just gets me that he takes a poke and then closes it like getting the last word and telling everyone to shut up. BTW, I wasn't trying to make it a fight. I just wanted to express my opinion and he eliminated that possiblity where I would have liked to do it.

LOL! You have never been shy expressing your opinion! :hysterical:

Heck, I think you've created more political threads than anyone! I really think you have PLENTY of opportunity to "express yourself" this thread included! :happy feet:

However, after thinking it over I've decided to reopen the thread so you can and anyone else share more of your opinion I'm thinking that may be best after all! :lurk: But again it has always been a policy to respect a members wish to close a thread they created and I created that thread.

If you want this thread closed let me know! :shift:

Jeff,

Exercising your power as a moderator to close this thread for no reason is weak and shows unnecessary censorship. This site has had too much of that and yours was for no apparent reason. You beat up on McCain supporters in general and then closed the thread. That's sad.

John

Your quote for those who are wondering:

"Dude get a clue"?

Nice. We both know what you where doing... and since McCain supporters can't even carry on a civil conversation when it's to honor their candidate, and since it's my thread, I'm closing it!

Sad.

+1 John.

Temper, temper, Jeffy!! :hysterical2: "Calm down!" As you would say! :hysterical2:

I agree, John McCain showed alot of class and he looked relieved that it was over. I think he did pretty well since Obama spent nearly 5 times he did on the campaign. But then again, this was an easy election to win for the Dems given the current economic turmoil and dissatisfaction with the current cabinet in charge.

Heck, I think you've created more political threads than anyone! I really think you have PLENTY of opportunity to "express yourself" this thread included! :happy feet:

However, after thinking it over I've decided to reopen the thread so you can and anyone else share more of your opinion I'm thinking that may be best after all! :lurk: But again it has always been a policy to respect a members wish to close a thread they created and I created that thread.

As I said in YOUR thread already, I wasn't trying to be an a$$, just hit me wrong. You are a good guy. Thank you for considering this. I hope you see where I was coming from. You can eliminate this thread if you like. No hard feelings over here.

John

..kind of you, but I truly believe that anyone bashing Obama needs to really get to the point that they realize that it is much too late for that....election is over......

for anyone who is a strong Republican, now is the time to assist in the rebuilding of the party; that does not happen by keeping your focus on the opposition. Since I am a federal employee, I can't get too involved with some aspects of politics, but for sure will be a lot more involved in retirement in a few years......

+1 John.

Temper, temper, Jeffy!! :hysterical2: "Calm down!" As you would say! :hysterical2:

I agree, John McCain showed alot of class and he looked relieved that it was over. I think he did pretty well since Obama spent nearly 5 times he did on the campaign. But then again, this was an easy election to win for the Dems given the current economic turmoil and dissatisfaction with the current cabinet in charge.

I really don't have a temper...just a low tolerance for silliness like bolding the word "Hussein" and then trying to look all innocent. :poke:

Anyway, I agree with you that the the current situation didn't help but I was not for Obama or against McCain until the Palin selection and what happened after did nothing but push me further and further away.

This is a great article from someone that was there and I think captured my feelings well:

http://www.esquire.com/history-of-mccain-f...resident-110508

As I said in YOUR thread already, I wasn't trying to be an a$$, just hit me wrong. You are a good guy. Thank you for considering this. I hope you see where I was coming from. You can eliminate this thread if you like. No hard feelings over here.

John

Makes two of us! I wasn't trying to be "God" but I really wanted a thread where McCain could get the credit he deserved and watching it become another bash Obama thread "just hit me the wrong way".

No hard feelings....

I really don't have a temper...just a low tolerance for silliness like bolding the word "Hussein" and then trying to look all innocent. :poke:

Anyway, I agree with you that the the current situation didn't help but I was not for Obama or against McCain until the Palin selection and what happened after did nothing but push me further and further away.

This is a great article from someone that was there and I think captured my feelings well:

http://www.esquire.com/history-of-mccain-f...resident-110508

That was your take on it- I was pointing out his real middle name for all to see.

Archived