TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MGW Shifter

Sturdy looking, for sure. Can't say I ever heard of the company before.

I drove a few 2007 MGTs before I bought LuLu, and I have to say that the OEM shifter needs improvement. However, out of all the features I absorbed the first time I laid eyes on LuLu, was her Hurst shifter. That really too me back in time. Even if it is a better shifter, it would be hard to pull the Hurst stick out.

although i have never owned a MGW Shifter I have heard nothing but good things about them from the sn-95 guys.....

and i have to agree with lulu, i like the nostalgia of the hurst shifter in the shelby, even though i do not own one;)

Laurence

I have this shifter and it is great. Very well built and completely adjustable. You can even adjust the throw. I don't think any other shifter can do that. Besides the throw, you can adjust the height and position of the shift lever in the car. There are also several different handles available. There is one similar to the Hurst handle that takes the Hurst knob (attached pic) and another that takes the stock knob already in your Mustang. The MGW shifter is as quiet and vibration free as the stock shifter and it has a shorter throw and is more precise. I am very happy with mine and I have had mine installed for a year and a half.

post-3252-1226027365_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1226027365_thumb.jpg

Archived