TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DOW 486 pts down

I don't think it's related to the elections, in reality. There's just too much else going on in the economic world today, and all the investors just can't seem to decide what strategy they need to take.

Guest markham51
I don't think it's related to the elections, in reality. There's just too much else going on in the economic world today, and all the investors just can't seem to decide what strategy they need to take.

Thats true. It's not business as usual. The market is in a spin cycle and anyone trying to make sense of it is in for a rough time.

The big banks and insurance companies are still spinning off assets. Credit is still extremely tight. Companies are paying huge premiums to borrow money and guys with cash are making out like bandits. I have seen as high as 12pct for short term corp debt.

Not to bash BO but, I bet it does have to do somewhat with the election. I've heard about of big time investors that were starting to talk about selling a lot of their investments encase BO got in, to avoid the taxes and losses. Strangely enough I also heard some of the larger ones were BO supporters. With the economy being a major topic as it was, I was surprised to hear they still supported him, knowing the economy would drop if he was elected.

Guest markham51
Not to bash BO but, I bet it does have to do somewhat with the election. I've heard about of big time investors that were starting to talk about selling a lot of their investments encase BO got in, to avoid the taxes and losses. Strangely enough I also heard some of the larger ones were BO supporters. With the economy being a major topic as it was, I was surprised to hear they still supported him, knowing the economy would drop if he was elected.

I am tapped into the crowd that moves markets. There will always be some who invest based on their political convictions/concerns but the people with the serious money work with market fundamentals/momentum. The market took a slight pause as people voted and it went right back to the roller coaster ride it was on before the contest.

Expect things to remain volatile. The recession is just building...things are still getting worse not better. Large investors are moving their money around not out. Money is moving back and forth between companies and market segments. Everybody has a different bet. People are not afraid to sell down one stock and invest in another.....Vegas move over. They want to be well positioned in stocks they believe will recover the fastest.

Things are very different this time around because of the financial market crash/difficulties. The fact that cash is so tight/expensive right now will cause this recession to be deeper and last longer. Even rich successfull companies like GE are paying huge premiums for cash right now. Its crazzzzzy.

Guest markham51

FYI, I am not an investment advisor, just an investor like many here. If you are thinking of making market moves always seek professional advice and don't take my word for it. Things are tough right now but they will improve. The question is when.

Todays drop in the DOW was the largest EVER post election day in history...

:lurk:

This board has some amazingly people. All some of you do is try to find every bit of bad news you can pin on PRESIDENT OBAMA and post it. Of course any bad news about the losing side you just chalk up to the liberal media. Just the thought of how having PRESIDENT OBAMA hurts your kind makes me soooo happy.

Do I need to post what the S and P 500 did under Republican vs Democratic presidents? That facts always spoil the lies the right wingers try to tell.

Interesting to note that I purchased my GT-500 100% with 401K Money Stock Market

Mutual Funds over a year ago..............

Good bet that my car is still in the Garage at the end of the day................

Not sure I can say the same for the Stock Market Money???????????

This board has some amazingly people. All some of you do is try to find every bit of bad news you can pin on PRESIDENT OBAMA and post it. Of course any bad news about the losing side you just chalk up to the liberal media. Just the thought of how having PRESIDENT OBAMA hurts your kind makes me soooo happy.

Do I need to post what the S and P 500 did under Republican vs Democratic presidents? That facts always spoil the lies the right wingers try to tell.

You are such a uniter!

As a staunch republican, I'll be the first to tell you I am not at all happy with the Bush administration, but they are still my party and I truly believed the Mac would have towed a different line.

That being said, as a small business owner myself, The Obamians make me nervous...

And frankly I was suprised that the DOW went that way, as I thought the masses were so giddy from the kool-aid hangover from Tuesday nights party, that the market would have reacted otherwise.

The sun will rise and set like it does everyday, but I'm likely to be a somewhat lighter in the pocket....

As a staunch republican, I'll be the first to tell you I am not at all happy with the Bush administration, but they are still my party and I truly believed the Mac would have towed a different line.

That being said, as a small business owner myself, The Obamians make me nervous...

And frankly I was suprised that the DOW went that way, as I thought the masses were so giddy from the kool-aid hangover from Tuesday nights party, that the market would have reacted otherwise.

The sun will rise and set like it does everyday, but I'm likely to be a somewhat lighter in the pocket....

All that left their money in the Market over the last year are much lighter in the pocket................

Of course many here believe that is also Obama's fault???????????????? :hysterical:

LOL, I think anyone with a brain knows the election had some affect on the Stock market. How much, I dont thik any of us really know.

:hysterical:

Analize your post;

Anyone with Brains really dousn't know????????????????

Thats classic my friend!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Globally we are facing an economic challenge not seen in most of our lifetimes. Just as it was suspected that the $700 billion rescue plan wouldn't change things over night, neither will the election of a new President. We're way way past that point.

There are some that will attempt to use our current situation to make political points but the fact is no policy or tax changes, had they come from McCain or Obama will take effect anytime in the near future. At a time when companies are seeing their market value decrease by 50% over the last 3 months, as mine did, ranting about a possible rollback of the Bush tax reductions as some sort of economic Armageddon shows a real lack of fundamental understanding of just how deep, broad, and complex this problem is.

BTW: I will agree that I don't think raising taxes is going to help the situation but I also think there are other far more serious things that can hurt us, consumer confidence, home values, foreclosures, etc., and that's where our focus should be.

That's because they don't smoke right wing kool-aid. :hysterical:

wow obamas economy now sure looks great...and where is my free check?...i voted for you and im checking the mail.what gives?...wow...i thought osama would have fixed all this by now..osama economy sure does suck

You were not paying attention to the stock market over the last year??????????????

Cannot blame those huge losses on Obama...........But Bush was and still is the President................

Archived