TEAM SHELBY FORUM

427 Package Robocall

S7MS

Actually the 1967 GT500 Super Snake had a Shelby 427 motor that replaced the stock 428. If you are looking for heritage it doesn't get better than that.

http://www.supersnake.org/

Not a Production car... Prototype. Some people will make a case for everything. :hysterical:

Not a Production car... Prototype. Some people will make a case for everything. :hysterical:

To marginalize the 1967 GT500 Super Snake as a "prototype" does not negate its heritage. I as a modern GT500 Super Snake owner and enthusiast recognize this heritage because there was only one of its kind back in the day. Hence the tie into the number 427. Sorry, just my opinion. I love my SS as is and am not inclined to go in the 427 direction for other reasons.

To marginalize the 1967 GT500 Super Snake as a "prototype" does not negate its heritage. I as a modern GT500 Super Snake owner and enthusiast recognize this heritage because there was only one of its kind back in the day. Hence the tie into the number 427. Sorry, just my opinion. I love my SS as is and am not inclined to go in the 427 direction for other reasons.

Not marginalizing. Just stating that the "427" Badge in the Shelby community is really associated with the AC Cobra, not the Shelby Mustang. You should love your SS, it's a bad ass car.

Stuart

• 1 month later...

Hey what's up with the censorship? Are we not allowed to post our own comments and opinions in this forum if they are not what SHELBY wants to hear? A good discussion usually involves two or more parties expresing their views on a certain subject wether they aggree or dissagree on that subject. How can we have a good disscussion here when anytime someone speaks their mind and disagrees with SHELBY he gets deleted?

Am I supposed to agree with SHELBY on everything they do? Should I check with them before I post anything and get their approval? or maybe I'll just post what they want their members to hear, my last post stayed up for a total of 2 1/2 hours, let's see how long this one lasts.

Hey what's up with the censorship? Are we not allowed to post our own comments and opinions in this forum if they are not what SHELBY wants to hear? A good discussion usually involves two or more parties expresing their views on a certain subject wether they aggree or dissagree on that subject. How can we have a good disscussion here when anytime someone speaks their mind and disagrees with SHELBY he gets deleted?

Am I supposed to agree with SHELBY on everything they do? Should I check with them before I post anything and get their approval? or maybe I'll just post what they want their members to hear, my last post stayed up for a total of 2 1/2 hours, let's see how long this one lasts.

I'm not aware of any post here being deleted? There seems to be a lively discussion on this topic here.

Archived