TEAM SHELBY FORUM

427 Package Robocall

S7MS

Just got an automated call pushing the 427 SS package. I thought it a bit odd. I mean it's great to hear from someone at Shelby, but how about returning my calls/emails, you know, once? I had a brother-in-law who only called when he wanted money. Just saying.

Just got an automated call pushing the 427 SS package. I thought it a bit odd. I mean it's great to hear from someone at Shelby, but how about returning my calls/emails, you know, once? I had a brother-in-law who only called when he wanted money. Just saying.

:hysterical2:

I got the call too. I also got another email about it today.

I got the e-mail amd call today...I asked them if I get the pkg will my car get put to the front of the line for the SS pkg and they said only if your car gets drawn for the race....for pace car at the race in the spring two cars only will get drawn for that deal!!! so NO you will not get moved up if you buy the NASCAR pkg......and I said noooo thank's. I also asked if the logo was to be cleaned up or changed and I got no response via e-mail!!

I got the call too. I also got another email about it today.

I did also. If I had a 427 under the hood I wood do it. I think it would be dumb to put the Corvette looking badges on a car that does not need false advertizing on the side. It means nothing and it looks cheezy like most pace car kits. $6000 to make my car look cheezy does not sound like a good deal to me. I alreaady have Carroll's signature and that is really the only thing that may add value. Look at the Pace cars that go through Barret Jackson. No real gain in sales value there.

Mike

I also got the automated call and follow up e-mail yesterday. IMOP, for what you get for $6000., it's just crazy! Talk about marketing! LOL I believe the package was dreamed up to pay for the sponsorship of the race; ie, no money out of SAI but yet tremendous exposure! It left a sour taste in my mouth FWIW.

Hey, if I was a dedicated NASCAR fan what an opportunity! Maybe wave the green flag, potentially get some VIP treatment, maybe have my SS (with me in it) driven during the race. Wow - where else could you get that? The NASCAR part is probably about $3500 of the package price, leaving $2500 for the badging, new leather, etc. Kind of steep but not too far out of line I would guess.

I do agree about the extreme flashiness of badges and had the same concern about the "427" with only 333 cu in under the hood, but with the race being 427 miles that would not be too hard to explain. Just my $0.02

Hey, if I was a dedicated NASCAR fan what an opportunity! Maybe wave the green flag, potentially get some VIP treatment, maybe have my SS (with me in it) driven during the race. Wow - where else could you get that? The NASCAR part is probably about $3500 of the package price, leaving $2500 for the badging, new leather, etc. Kind of steep but not too far out of line I would guess.

I do agree about the extreme flashiness of badges and had the same concern about the "427" with only 333 cu in under the hood, but with the race being 427 miles that would not be too hard to explain. Just my $0.02

And there is the rub: "maybe" getting to get some VIP treatment or be the lap car, or...Very few folks are going to win the drawing. So, you are left with some very expensive badging and new head rests (which I think look great) and some tickets that I personally don't have any use for with a price of $6k. It seems more like a lottery than getting value for the dollar. If it was more for the car than the possibility of winning some drawings, I would do it.

I wasn't too happy to get a "marketing" call/recording on my cell phone.

Poor form SAI! :finger:

Me either, I already have two emails if I want to participate I will contact shelby to put my money down.

Automated phone dialers are not ususally used by firms I would seek to do business with and I was a bit dissapointed to see Shelby go down this route.

Me either, I already have two emails if I want to participate I will contact shelby to put my money down.

Automated phone dialers are not ususally used by firms I would seek to do business with and I was a bit dissapointed to see Shelby go down this route.

I don't get it. Why is Shelby spending money on "marketing" using automated calls? They have a huge potential market right here on this forum. For Free

:headscratch:

I think those automated calls are being done by LVMS. I got the call from some guy at LVMS the first day and I think he was overwhelmed..hence the auto-call everyone is getting.

Hi all!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can try to clear some of this up for you. Yes, we are working very closely with the LVMS staff. They are helping out tremdendously with information on the package. The automated calls are covering more ground in a period of time that if we were to do it, would take weeks and more.

I understand that it seems a bit less personal getting an automated call then having one of our staff call personally. But when you are trying to call around 2,000 or so, it takes a lot of time to do. Doing it this way, then everybody would be getting a call or some sort of info in a timely matter.

There will also be emails going out too with the calls. Again, working with the staff at LVMS, this has sped up the information process. We wanted it to get the word and information out as quickly as possible so that anybody who has done a SS or is going to do a SS will have the info asap.

If you are on the SS list and have not been called, you will be. Or you can contact Doug Sinclair, Cynthia Robinson or myself and we can help out too.

I remember not so long ago when the SS started going into production, and everybody was saying they were never contacted, no info passed along, and such. Doing it this way, we can contact more people in a timely fashion.

Also, on the package deal, it also includes tract time, 8 Sprint Cup tickets, chance to have YOUR vehicle to be one of 2 actual running on the track Pace Cars, a chance to drop the green flag at the beginning of the race, and chances to watch the race in one of the suites. AND, you will have one of 427 Pace Cars!!!!

Bud

Today, Craig of LVMS called me to answer some questions I have about the 427 package. He is very helpful and has answered all my concerns.

These packages are selling better then I thought. I guess I need to make up my mind soon.

Today, Craig of LVMS called me to answer some questions I have about the 427 package. He is very helpful and has answered all my concerns.

These packages are selling better then I thought. I guess I need to make up my mind soon.

I cannot understand why anyone would want this. It does not tie the engine like it suggests. I should rename things in my garage and have a garage sale. Maybe I can get the peope that buy this package to buy something. At least you might get something of value for $6000. I will put some Corvette flags on my old SVT Wheels and Tires and s :headscratch: sell them to anyone for $3000. You at least will get something of value for half the price. A sucker born every minute. I said no if you did not guess by now.

Hi all!!!!!!!!

I remember not so long ago when the SS started going into production, and everybody was saying they were never contacted, no info passed along, and such. Doing it this way, we can contact more people in a timely fashion.

Bud

Unfortunately it is still happening. I did not get an email or call about this. I only found out on this forum and for a long time the bochure and information was kept secret. Perhaps your list needs to be updated. :shrug:

I cannot understand why anyone would want this. It does not tie the engine like it suggests. I should rename things in my garage and have a garage sale. Maybe I can get the peope that buy this package to buy something. At least you might get something of value for $6000. I will put some Corvette flags on my old SVT Wheels and Tires and s :headscratch: sell them to anyone for $3000. You at least will get something of value for half the price. A sucker born every minute. I said no if you did not guess by now.

This package is NOT for every one. This package is for the person who loves NASCAR, who loves the exclusive 1 of 427 models to be done, this is for the hard core collector who will have one of only 427 packages that are offered. Maybe I am wrong and if I am, please let me know, but, when was the last time that Mr. Shelby sponsered a Winston Cup, Sprint Cup, NASCAR race. I am a huge NASCAR fan and I can't think of the last time he did it. Again, maybe I am wrong, but I can not remember when.

This post is not directed at any one person. It is just my views on this probably a once in a life time opportunity to have an exclusive, registered vehicle. I have seen some Shelby's used as Pace cars before, but not one used on a Shelby sponsered NASCAR event.

Again, this is NOT for everybody. But to say a "sucker born every minute" may be true for some at this moment--but wait and see what happens down the road and these 427 special cars "could"(nobody can tell the future. But just look at the past) soar in value. And as always, there will be people out there talking to their grand kids and watching some auto auction show and say, "sonny, when I was your daddy's age, I almost had that package done, but turned it down. Can you believe how much that thing just sold for?."

Now, I am not saying that could happen, but I do watch auto auctions and see that special packages done to certain vehicles can and do bring in higher money because they are more collectible.

And how does the 427 tie in? Lets see (trying to have some fun here :) )

The Shelby 4.6L Race------A white/Checkered flag race---2 1/2 laps long? Kinda short :hysterical:

The Shelby 5.4L Race------A Green/White/Checked flag race---almost 4 laps long? Little longer than the 4.6L race, but still kinda short :cry:

The Shelby 427 Race-----A full blown 427 miles of hard racing!!!!! Yea baby!!!!! :shift:

Oh, this may kind of tie in the 427 too---just my thoughts and opinions :doh:

e1.jpg

or this

e2.jpg

or this

e4.jpg

or even maybe this

e3.jpg

As for collectibility---only time will tell. Here's an example. I collect Hot Wheels and a ton of other types of diecast. At the moment I have a little over 6,000 pieces in my collection. To some, that is a ton, to others, its just a drop in the bucket. Now, I have cars that are 40+ years old to cars that I just picked up 3 days ago. Now what I paid for them and what they are worth are 2 different things. Some of these cars only cost around a buck or so. Others were well over $20.00 to a couple hundred dollars. So face value could be around $8k-10K. Collectible value? Let's just say that I could buy a GT500 say at 10K over sticker, make it into a 725 hp SS and add the 427 package, then buy a SGT, add a S/C and have some $$$ left over to go out to dinner :) Now, that will never happen---my wife won't let me do it :hysterical:

So what I have been trying to say is, if you like the package, want something unique and rare--GO FOR IT!!!!!! If you do not like the package, still not a problem---do not purchase it. But the only thing that I ask for is, please do not slam it or slam us. SAI wants to try and give everybody a little something to choose from. Things like this did not happen before. We are trying to give options. Not all options are suitable for everybody--that's why there are options :)

With that said, pleas enjoy your vehicle's to the fullest. Go out and have some fun and be safe!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Bud

No need to understand why anyone else would or wouldn't want this. To each his own. Spending 6k for this package doesn't make someone a sucker. It makes them someone that wants something different and is willing to spend for it . That's all.

Just my .02

This package is NOT for every one. This package is for the person who loves NASCAR, who loves the exclusive 1 of 427 models to be done, this is for the hard core collector who will have one of only 427 packages that are offered. Maybe I am wrong and if I am, please let me know, but, when was the last time that Mr. Shelby sponsered a Winston Cup, Sprint Cup, NASCAR race. I am a huge NASCAR fan and I can't think of the last time he did it. Again, maybe I am wrong, but I can not remember when.

This post is not directed at any one person. It is just my views on this probably a once in a life time opportunity to have an exclusive, registered vehicle. I have seen some Shelby's used as Pace cars before, but not one used on a Shelby sponsered NASCAR event.

Again, this is NOT for everybody. But to say a "sucker born every minute" may be true for some at this moment--but wait and see what happens down the road and these 427 special cars "could"(nobody can tell the future. But just look at the past) soar in value. And as always, there will be people out there talking to their grand kids and watching some auto auction show and say, "sonny, when I was your daddy's age, I almost had that package done, but turned it down. Can you believe how much that thing just sold for?."

Now, I am not saying that could happen, but I do watch auto auctions and see that special packages done to certain vehicles can and do bring in higher money because they are more collectible.

And how does the 427 tie in? Lets see (trying to have some fun here :) )

The Shelby 4.6L Race------A white/Checkered flag race---2 1/2 laps long? Kinda short :hysterical:

The Shelby 5.4L Race------A Green/White/Checked flag race---almost 4 laps long? Little longer than the 4.6L race, but still kinda short :cry:

The Shelby 427 Race-----A full blown 427 miles of hard racing!!!!! Yea baby!!!!! :shift:

e1.jpg

or this

e2.jpg

or this

e4.jpg

or even maybe this

e3.jpg

As for collectibility---only time will tell. Here's an example. I collect Hot Wheels and a ton of other types of diecast. At the moment I have a little over 6,000 pieces in my collection. To some, that is a ton, to others, its just a drop in the bucket. Now, I have cars that are 40+ years old to cars that I just picked up 3 days ago. Now what I paid for them and what they are worth are 2 different things. Some of these cars only cost around a buck or so. Others were well over $20.00 to a couple hundred dollars. So face value could be around $8k-10K. Collectible value? Let's just say that I could buy a GT500 say at 10K over sticker, make it into a 725 hp SS and add the 427 package, then buy a SGT, add a S/C and have some $$$ left over to go out to dinner :) Now, that will never happen---my wife won't let me do it :hysterical:

So what I have been trying to say is, if you like the package, want something unique and rare--GO FOR IT!!!!!! If you do not like the package, still not a problem---do not purchase it. But the only thing that I ask for is, please do not slam it or slam us. SAI wants to try and give everybody a little something to choose from. Things like this did not happen before. We are trying to give options. Not all options are suitable for everybody--that's why there are options :)

With that said, pleas enjoy your vehicle's to the fullest. Go out and have some fun and be safe!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Bud

Bud as a an owner of one of those 427 Cobra, I still don't see the tie between the two. The Cobra's you posted all have the 427 emblem which stands a 427cid engine. Putting the 427 on 07-08 GT500 Super Snake with a 333cid engine is kind a like putting the current SS emblem on the 65 Cobra, you are diluting the brand. Another point is why only Super Snakes? and way not all the current Shelby line up? (Cobra's,SGT, KR's, Terlingua's etc). This package should offered to all current Shelby car's, after all this is Team Shelby.

Paul

e1.jpg

or this

e2.jpg

or this

e4.jpg

or even maybe this

e3.jpg

Bud, you made my point and now I'm kinda riled. Of all the automobiles ever produced, the 427 Cobra stands as one of the most iconic - and deservedly so. People who wouldn't know a Camaro from a school bus know what a 427 Cobra is. It is part of our national heritage. Those 427 badges on the fenders are not just part of the mystique - they are holy relics. To put that number on the fender of a Shelby that does not have a 427 (Yes, I know some 427's came with a 428, just play along) is not just coarse opportunism, it is blasphemy - and here's the irony - it's blasphemy against Shelby!

No need to understand why anyone else would or wouldn't want this. To each his own. Spending 6k for this package doesn't make someone a sucker. It makes them someone that wants something different and is willing to spend for it . That's all.

Just my .02

I agree with you, Dan. Some will like it, some will not. I also don't think its fair to call someone a "sucker" just because they like it.

Guess I should run over and call my neighbor a sucker becaue he bought a Chevy not a Ford :nonono: (Shame on him!)

=)

Just my .02

Bud, you made my point and now I'm kinda riled. Of all the automobiles ever produced, the 427 Cobra stands as one of the most iconic - and deservedly so. People who wouldn't know a Camaro from a school bus know what a 427 Cobra is. It is part of our national heritage. Those 427 badges on the fenders are not just part of the mystique - they are holy relics. To put that number on the fender of a Shelby that does not have a 427 (Yes, I know some 427's came with a 428, just play along) is not just coarse opportunism, it is blasphemy - and here's the irony - it's blasphemy against Shelby!

Ok, maybe I should have clearified it a bit more--I was just trying to show how some people can associate the 427 Cobra (no disrepect what so evere here) with Mr. Shelby. And seeing that Shelby is sponsering the race, they went with one of the most recognizable numbers out there, the 427. Again, these are MY VIEWS, NOT SAI's. All I was trying to do was loosen up the noose on the thread with some humor.

Oh and btw, I have heard that we are nearing the 3/4 way mark on the 427 package!!!! Not bad for just being announced.

Bud

Bud

Pretty darn simple! There are a LOT of ugly darn cars on the road. People buy them every day. Heck you may even own one of them.That makes YOU the sucker. I don't know if I'm in or out but if I didn't have a 07 SS Shelby GT 500 then I would be the sucker. There are lines drawn and seems somebody has crossed it. Enjoy your car . Keep it in storage, drive it every once in a while or drive it 50000 miles a year. I'm glad I have the choice to still spread the wealth if I decide to.

07 SS 0120

B T W life is full of choices. it makes the world what it is.

Here is my .02 worth. When they elect to use a specific car for the Indianalpolas/NASCAR race as the pace car and put the bading on it, it usaully has a number on it to commerate the number of miles and not the engine size. I'm well aware that the the number 427 is well know for the 427 Cobra and Shelby was a big part of that so having Mr. Shelby sponser this race is a big deal and people will know he had a lot to do with this race by changing the format of the race from 400 miles to 427. I see no problem with them using the number for the miles to commerate race and I have no problem with them using 427 in the bading for this reason. I guess you can tell by now I'm one of the 427 and I actually just got confirmation they will be able to use my SS number as the 427 Limited number. I can't wait and hope I get picked to be one of the pace cars! :banvictory:

See ya all in Vegas!

My personal opinion is that I do think that Shelby is making too many variants. Brand strategy is confusing.

Pace car edition is fine; checkered flags are fine; however, there never was a 427 CID Shelby Mustang. I think if you wanted to do this why not use 428? There is heritage and lineage there--not with the 427. That's my point.

427 = 284.6 Laps

428 = 285.3 Laps

So number of laps doesn't matter

Pace car edition is fine; checkered flags are fine; however, there never was a 427 CID Shelby Mustang. I think if you wanted to do this why not use 428? There is heritage and lineage there--not with the 427. That's my point.

Actually the 1967 GT500 Super Snake had a Shelby 427 motor that replaced the stock 428. If you are looking for heritage it doesn't get better than that.

http://www.supersnake.org/

Archived