TEAM SHELBY FORUM

John McCain

Where talking about John McCain here. I think everyone knows of his POW status and details. Like I said, Whats your take? You obviously don't think he is a war hero. I'm not surprised. You have a different type of hero...Barrack Obama...

Barrack Hussein Obama is his full name!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is it right here Obama is the problem, if his name were John McCain and a Dem you would still have a problem with that. You boys are too selfish that is why you will never get why Obama is President. I do not under stand how and why you did not see it coming. I think some of the people on here are a little racist and cannot handle the fact that a black man just became President. A little hope, a little help, and a lot of coming together can get this country back on track. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

:stop:

This is it right here Obama is the problem, if his name were John McCain and a Dem you would still have a problem with that. You boys are too selfish that is why you will never get why Obama is President. I do not under stand how and why you did not see it coming. I think some of the people on here are a little racist and cannot handle the fact that a black man just became President. A little hope, a little help, and a lot of coming together can get this country back on track. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

Well, good. Now that it's out in the open, I can state my thoughts...

I guess some of the posts here have been "slap talk," but there are some here who have real issues with Obama that have nothing to do with his name or the color of his skin... for example

His tax plan - he has promised too much to accomplish things without increasing taxes. When a politician says he's going to increase social programs and have the gov't pay for this and that, it should raise a flag that he's going to do it with OUR money. The gov't doesn't have any money. and they don't generate any money other than when they take ours.

His policy on gun control - Obama has stated and voted for restrictive gun control on ownership. He supports banning all hand guns.

His policy on abortion - In Obama's world the unborn child has NO rights... even if a failed abortion produces a living breathing child.

His past record - The man has never accomplished ANYTHING. He talks a good line but has yet to prove himself in anything but speech giving. Even during his much publicized community organizing phase, he was lousy at it.

His history of "reaching across the aisle" - He has a record of NEVER reaching across the aisle to work with the other party. How can he possibly unify the country when he has proven over and over that he is unwilling to work with the Republican party - which represents a platform and values of half the nation. Even when he was asked by Rick Warren during the Saddleback Church interview for an example, the best he could come up with was a campaign reform issue that he worked with McCain on... which when push came to shove he abandoned and voted AGAINST.

His lack of character - He has had close associations with several questionable people like Ayers, Rezko, Wright, and other people who hate America or have criminal backgrounds. As they came up he summarily threw them all under the bus. He even threw his aunt in Boston who is here illegally under the bus. He is part of the most corrupt political machine in the country. He agreed in WRITING to take public financing, then ignored it. He has refused to release just about every document that he has been asked for. I know nothing about him. Having worked in the past on projects requiring a top secret clearance I am fairly certain that with his past associations and history the man would never qualify for a security clearance of any level.

His willingness to negotiate with little tin dictators with no preconditions, thus adding to their world credibility.

His belief that we shouldn't use our own natural resources to become truly energy independent and stop being held ransom by the Russians, and South American and Middle East countries run by dictators who think we are the bad guys while we are working on future technologies.

These and other concerns that I and others have which caused us not to vote for the man may be unimportant to you, but they are meaningful and important to others. and they have nothing to do with Obama being African-American or what his middle name is, and quite frankly I think it is pretty offensive for you to accuse others of not voting for the man because we are "racist." When you ask us to "come together" you are asking us to abandon our own beliefs and accept yours for the purpose of keeping the peace. Would you do the same if the situation was reversed? I doubt it. I've said before that Obama will be my President while he is in office, unlike those who refused to accept the last President from the very first day he took office.

I have my own beliefs for what is good for the country. They happen to conflict with yours. You don't seem to like hat. In your perfect world your last line would read "UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL AS LONG AS YOU STAND UNITED BEHIND MY BELIEFS AND IDEALS." I have a right to vote for anyone I want, and I will not have racist labels pasted on me because you assume that you know what's in my head and my heart. I don't question your reasons for voting the way you did, and I respect your reasons whatever they were.

With all due respect, I'd say you are the one who isn't getting it. If I had these concerns about a white John McCain whether he be Democrat or Republican, I wouldn't want him as a President either. I am disappointed in the way the election came out and I am stating such, which I think I still have a right to do... but if it had turned out that McCain had won, the last thing I would do would be to gloat at fellow Americans.

So, as I said - enjoy your little laugh while you can and let's talk again in a year or two.

This was a thread to honor Sen. McCain. Can you guys focus on that?

Feel free to create a President Obama bashing thread elsewhere but maybe before you do that do back and read Sen. MacCain's concession speech. It would be nice to see the same class, the same spirit of America, sharing and validation of our common beliefs as Americans, reflected here.

:backtotopic:

This was a thread to honor Sen. McCain. Can you guys focus on that?

Feel free to create a President Obama bashing thread elsewhere but maybe before you do that do back and read Sen. MacCain's concession speech. It would be nice to see the same class, the same spirit of America, sharing and validation of our common beliefs as Americans, reflected here.

:backtotopic:

Dude, get a clue, I was stating a fact- that is his real name! :club:

:doh:

I guess some of the posts here have been "slap talk," but there are some here who have real issues with Obama that have nothing to do with his name or the color of his skin... for example

His tax plan - he has promised too much to accomplish things without increasing taxes. When a politician says he's going to increase social programs and have the gov't pay for this and that, it should raise a flag that he's going to do it with OUR money. The gov't doesn't have any money. and they don't generate any money other than when they take ours.

His policy on gun control - Obama has stated and voted for restrictive gun control on ownership. He supports banning all hand guns.

His policy on abortion - In Obama's world the unborn child has NO rights... even if a failed abortion produces a living breathing child.

His past record - The man has never accomplished ANYTHING. He talks a good line but has yet to prove himself in anything but speech giving. Even during his much publicized community organizing phase, he was lousy at it.

His history of "reaching across the aisle" - He has a record of NEVER reaching across the aisle to work with the other party. How can he possibly unify the country when he has proven over and over that he is unwilling to work with the Republican party - which represents a platform and values of half the nation. Even when he was asked by Rick Warren during the Saddleback Church interview for an example, the best he could come up with was a campaign reform issue that he worked with McCain on... which when push came to shove he abandoned and voted AGAINST.

His lack of character - He has had close associations with several questionable people like Ayers, Rezko, Wright, and other people who hate America or have criminal backgrounds. As they came up he summarily threw them all under the bus. He even threw his aunt in Boston who is here illegally under the bus. He is part of the most corrupt political machine in the country. He agreed in WRITING to take public financing, then ignored it. He has refused to release just about every document that he has been asked for. I know nothing about him. Having worked in the past on projects requiring a top secret clearance I am fairly certain that with his past associations and history the man would never qualify for a security clearance of any level.

His willingness to negotiate with little tin dictators with no preconditions, thus adding to their world credibility.

His belief that we shouldn't use our own natural resources to become truly energy independent and stop being held ransom by the Russians, and South American and Middle East countries run by dictators who think we are the bad guys while we are working on future technologies.

These and other concerns that I and others have which caused us not to vote for the man may be unimportant to you, but they are meaningful and important to others. and they have nothing to do with Obama being African-American or what his middle name is, and quite frankly I think it is pretty offensive for you to accuse others of not voting for the man because we are "racist." When you ask us to "come together" you are asking us to abandon our own beliefs and accept yours for the purpose of keeping the peace. Would you do the same if the situation was reversed? I doubt it. I've said before that Obama will be my President while he is in office, unlike those who refused to accept the last President from the very first day he took office.

I have my own beliefs for what is good for the country. They happen to conflict with yours. You don't seem to like hat. In your perfect world your last line would read "UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL AS LONG AS YOU STAND UNITED BEHIND MY BELIEFS AND IDEALS." I have a right to vote for anyone I want, and I will not have racist labels pasted on me because you assume that you know what's in my head and my heart. I don't question your reasons for voting the way you did, and I respect your reasons whatever they were.

With all due respect, I'd say you are the one who isn't getting it. If I had these concerns about a white John McCain whether he be Democrat or Republican, I wouldn't want him as a President either. I am disappointed in the way the election came out and I am stating such, which I think I still have a right to do... but if it had turned out that McCain had won, the last thing I would do would be to gloat at fellow Americans.

So, as I said - enjoy your little laugh while you can and let's talk again in a year or two.

+1 Very well said!! :happy feet:

Very well said, but you over-loaded his intellectual capabilities: therefore, he'll never get it. It has all been said numerous times to him in different statements, yet he hasn't gotten it to date.

"Dude get a clue"?

Nice. We both know what you where doing... and since McCain supporters can't even carry on a civil conversation when it's to honor their candidate, and since it's my thread, I'm closing it!

Sad.

Due to popular demand I have used my "God" powers to reopen the this thread and allow the fun to continue!

Please feel free to continue on with what ever it was you were all doing...this thread was meant to honor Sen. McCain but it seems that's not going to be the focus and so be it! :lurk:

Due to popular demand I have used my "God" powers to reopen the this thread and allow the fun to continue!

Please feel free to continue on with what ever it was you were all doing...this thread was meant to honor Sen. McCain but it seems that's not going to be the focus and so be it! :lurk:

Jeff,

I wasn't trying to be an a$$. It just hit me wrong. You are a good guy.

Thanks,

John

I don't believe for one second that a person's gender, race, creed, religion or name indicates what their overall leadership skills will be.

Obama may or may not be what this country really needs. One thing is certain though, we're going down as a nation both ethically and morally fast.

I don't believe for one second that a person's gender, race, creed, religion or name indicates what their overall leadership skills will be.

Obama may or may not be what this country really needs. One thing is certain though, we're going down as a nation both ethically and morally fast.

Well, let's hope we can all come together and work though those problems otherwise I fear this decline, and any others, will only accelerate faster than your KR! :shift:

I am not laughing because Obama won the election you guy think it's the end of the world, it's the same old bs over and over again. I'm not asking you to stand behind my belief but you want me to believe all this stuff with no hard evidence. I tried to stand behind Bush I voted for him back in 2000 and look where it got us and I see the same old stay the course mentality in John McCain. Some of the people on here think there status qualify them to be experts on politics, you think you know every thing but your wrong, ill informed and fear is your problem.

Very well said, but you over-loaded his intellectual capabilities: therefore, he'll never get it. It has all been said numerous times to him in different statements, yet he hasn't gotten it to date.

The only over load I see here is the kool-aid smoke that's over loading your brain, it's making you think that your an intellectual. Keep lessoning to the kool-aid song too many times you will began to believe what you hear. :finger:

I am not laughing because Obama won the election you guy think it's the end of the world, it's the same old bs over and over again. I'm not asking you to stand behind my belief but you want me to believe all this stuff with no hard evidence. I tried to stand behind Bush I voted for him back in 2000 and look where it got us and I see the same old stay the course mentality in John McCain. Some of the people on here think there status qualify them to be experts on politics, you think you know every thing but your wrong, ill informed and fear is your problem.

"YES WE CAN"

Patrick ~ Agree and disagree with your statement above. Yes, we Americans need to Unite to solve our problems together. However, stating that God has no influence in America completely dismisses the notion of God's influence in the very foundation of our Nation.

From the Declaration of Independence --- "When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator...

...And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

"God" is found on our currency, and our Pres Elect will conclude his oath of office with "so help me God."

Should We as a Nation ever truly dismiss the notion of God, you will witness the real decline of America as we forfeit away our "unalienable rights endowed by our Creator."

"YES WE CAN"

By the way, thanks for visiting our country, and You are always welcome back!

Keith

Do you people realize you hurt your credibility once you start with that? Of course its his full name. What is wrong with that? Is it illegal to have a name like Hussein in America? I keep seeing bigots throwing out his middle name like its a bad thing. Thank god the majority of Americans are smarter than that.

Patrick ~ Agree and disagree with your statement above. Yes, we Americans need to Unite to solve our problems together. However, stating that God has no influence in America completely dismisses the notion of God's influence in the very foundation of our Nation.

From the Declaration of Independence --- "When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator...

...And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

"God" is found on our currency, and our Pres Elect will conclude his oath of office with "so help me God."

Should We as a Nation ever truly dismiss the notion of God, you will witness the real decline of America as we forfeit away our "unalienable rights endowed by our Creator."

By the way, thanks for visiting our country, and You are always welcome back!

Keith

Keith,

That is the big difference with the people in the US versus our country. Most of you are religious and most of us are not. We do not believe in the influence of God. God won't help you IMO. You have to do it yourself. But I respect you if you believe. If people think they get strenght in any way out of their believe it's ok. To each their own.

Patrick

Do you people realize you hurt your credibility once you start with that? Of course its his full name. What is wrong with that? Is it illegal to have a name like Hussein in America? I keep seeing bigots throwing out his middle name like its a bad thing. Thank god the majority of Americans are smarter than that.

Would you like to throw any more insults out? WTF? :finger:

We are asking that all TS forum members use respect and no insults when in all sections and in all political threads.

No insults or threats will be tolerated.

We want to keep these threads Adult and everyone can have there opinion and no one should insult another person for there beleifs.

We are asking that all TS forum members use respect and no insults when in all sections and in all political threads.

No insults or threats will be tolerated.

We want to keep these threads Adult and everyone can have there opinion and no one should insult another person for there beleifs.

I don't quite follow what you are admonishing. Who faulted here?

Who doesn't like his full name? :doh:

Archived