TEAM SHELBY FORUM

@^$#%$*

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a really bad feeling about this.

I also think there is no comparison between Clinton and Obama. For all his faults, Clinton was pretty centrist and moderate in much of what he did, and there was nothing to really fear in his foreign policy views. Obama is much more extreme and too the left, and I do not think we have yet seen how extreme and too the left he really is.

If the economy stays in its slump (and I do not think we have seen the worst of it yet) you can count on reduced military spending and increased taxes to accomplish the agenda Obama has. I also expect that things will get much worse in the middle east as our presence their is scaled back, and I think Israel is going to be vulnerable as I think Obama has little concern about Israel, and one thing that keeps Israel safe is the knowledge that the US would step in if Israel was attacked.

Say what you want about Bush, I can tell you that my family and I are better off now than they were when Bush took office. Many voted for Obama because they want something and they beleive that Obama will provide it for them. I want nothing, I merely want to protect the life that I share with my family.

I think we are in for a rough ride. I expect a drop in my income and an increase in my taxes over the next four years, and I expect that I will need to make changes because of it.

I am 46, and never had any real concerns before after a presidential election. I was not real happy about Carter or Clinton, and I was not even really concerned about what would happen if Kerry or Gore had been elected rather than W.

I am concerned about Obama.

Well put and I agree. Thanks Bob.

Move up tes...I'll take you moose hunting. :happy feet:

You won't like our taxed income. :banghead:

Gross pay...$3000 after tax $1800. Still want to move ?

$3,000.00? Cool, that Doubles my Pay right off the Bat........................... :hysterical:

David.

I agree ccmellies, we have a right to bear arms. I consider myself a level headed person....we'll just have to wait and

see if Barrack can deliver. My guess is, he will not be as effective as most of the Dems believe. I thought the change

was going to be soon, but last night he starts pedaling backwards and mentions it might take more than his first term.

Here we go....emptiness...kinda like the new Camaro. :headscratch:

What do you mean by emptiness... kinda like the new Camaro? I am working on the Camaro and production starts in February.

A

I've studied alot of things on Obama and u know he's never had a steady full time job?

after Columbia he spent a year in a New York business, a year in a NY non-profit, and then headed to Chicago where he spent 3 years as a “community organizer.”

then he went to law school, returning to Chicago in 1991. he did some community organizing, then was an associate for a Chicago law firm for three years. after that he was to the state senate - a part time legislature — and served as a lecturer at the Univ. of Chicago law school — another part-time gig. He was involved in a variety of community organizations during this period.

his senate seat is the first full-time job he has had since his law firm days, but he’s only been in that job for 4 years.

so, if he serves 2 terms as president it would be his longest stint in any position of full-time employment in his life.

there is much unknown of Obama's past. how was the college education funded. Obama has stated that he was a poor boy growing up and then had two part time jobs and I believe also scholarships to fund collage, Harvard is not inexpensive. Then during his college education he went on a trip to Indonesia, funded too by part time jobs? Since completing college his record includes several non paying positions and he now has what appears to be an expensive home. Has the Chicago machine taken care of this once poor young man? <_<

I've studied alot of things on Obama and u know he's never had a steady full time job?

after Columbia he spent a year in a New York business, a year in a NY non-profit, and then headed to Chicago where he spent 3 years as a “community organizer.”

then he went to law school, returning to Chicago in 1991. he did some community organizing, then was an associate for a Chicago law firm for three years. after that he was to the state senate - a part time legislature — and served as a lecturer at the Univ. of Chicago law school — another part-time gig. He was involved in a variety of community organizations during this period.

his senate seat is the first full-time job he has had since his law firm days, but he’s only been in that job for 4 years.

so, if he serves 2 terms as president it would be his longest stint in any position of full-time employment in his life.

there is much unknown of Obama's past. how was the college education funded. Obama has stated that he was a poor boy growing up and then had two part time jobs and I believe also scholarships to fund collage, Harvard is not inexpensive. Then during his college education he went on a trip to Indonesia, funded too by part time jobs? Since completing college his record includes several non paying positions and he now has what appears to be an expensive home. Has the Chicago machine taken care of this once poor young man? <_<

I always heard that it was less then 2 Years as a Senator and he spent most of that time running for President.

David.

you may want to take a different approach.....

try not to look at Obama...rather look at >50% of the country voted for him....does that mean that >50% of the population (or to be accurate the voting population) believe in what Obama represents? In another word are there gradual subtle changes in the society frame that makes it different than the frame of the founding father's era? And if that is the case is it a good thing or bad ?

try not to look at Obama...rather look at >50% of the country voted for him....does that mean that >50% of the population (or to be accurate the voting population) believe in what Obama represents? In another word are there gradual subtle changes in the society frame that makes it different than the frame of the founding father's era? And if that is the case is it a good thing or bad ? EDIT: Assuming that Obama is different than what the founding fathers were.

try not to look at Obama...rather look at >50% of the country voted for him....does that mean that >50% of the population (or to be accurate the voting population) believe in what Obama represents? In another word are there gradual subtle changes in the society frame that makes it different than the frame of the founding father's era? And if that is the case is it a good thing or bad ? EDIT: Assuming that Obama is different than what the founding fathers were.

Your LOGIC is not "bullet" proof.......over 90% of the population supported Fidel Castro back in the late 50's.......same thing fro Hugo Chavez just a few years back!

Folks I felt the same way when clinton was elected. I just couldnt understand how it happened.

We need to remember a few things. obama has been running for this office for along time. He will contitue to run for this office for four more years. If he doesnt do anything stupid and gets re elected then we might have problems. I dont think he will let the LIBERALS do what they want yet. He wants this office for 8 years NOT 4. I didnt vote for him and like ilmore will not change my opinion unless I see something different from him.

Stump you are dead on. The repubs did this to themselves by wanting more govt not less!

Now when Bush is gone who are the media going to blame for all the problems. Is it going to be Bush that let this and that happen. How long can Bush be the scape goat? Dems its yalls show now, if it fails yall have NO ONE to blame but yourselfs!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

MM

+1!!!!

But come on MM, the F :censored: G media will have NO problems, Obama spent MILIONS with them! So, they have cash for a long while!

I have a really bad feeling about this.

I also think there is no comparison between Clinton and Obama. For all his faults, Clinton was pretty centrist and moderate in much of what he did, and there was nothing to really fear in his foreign policy views. Obama is much more extreme and too the left, and I do not think we have yet seen how extreme and too the left he really is.

If the economy stays in its slump (and I do not think we have seen the worst of it yet) you can count on reduced military spending and increased taxes to accomplish the agenda Obama has. I also expect that things will get much worse in the middle east as our presence their is scaled back, and I think Israel is going to be vulnerable as I think Obama has little concern about Israel, and one thing that keeps Israel safe is the knowledge that the US would step in if Israel was attacked.

Say what you want about Bush, I can tell you that my family and I are better off now than they were when Bush took office. Many voted for Obama because they want something and they beleive that Obama will provide it for them. I want nothing, I merely want to protect the life that I share with my family.

I think we are in for a rough ride. I expect a drop in my income and an increase in my taxes over the next four years, and I expect that I will need to make changes because of it.

I am 46, and never had any real concerns before after a presidential election. I was not real happy about Carter or Clinton, and I was not even really concerned about what would happen if Kerry or Gore had been elected rather than W.

I am concerned about Obama.

Very well said!

+1........JUST let me work my butt off and keep my money to spend on Shelby's as I see fit!.........and pay my fair share of taxes for service provided! AND don't turn Social Security into a Wealth Redistribution operation!

One more comment........I pray to GOD that his name remains on our currency, that the USA remains "ONE Nation under GOD", that our armed forces remain strong and with the BEST possible equipment; that we continue to have the RIGHT to bear arms, and that HE may have MERCY on us.......'cause, no one elso will!

AMEN!

I too am concerned but, all we can do is sit back and see what he does. We have been through this before. If he governs the way he has headed in the past, he wont be there long. I believe people voted for him because they think he will come through for them on his promises. The problem fo Obama is he has been so hyped, he cant live up to it. If he taxes at a lower rate, he will be a one term wonder. The interviewed a lady and asked her who she voted for, she excitedly proclaimed Obama and said he was going to pay off her hoouse and pay for her gas. :headscratch:

I too am concerned but, all we can do is sit back and see what he does. We have been through this before. If he governs the way he has headed in the past, he wont be there long. I believe people voted for him because they think he will come through for them on his promises. The problem fo Obama is he has been so hyped, he cant live up to it. If he taxes at a lower rate, he will be a one term wonder. The interviewed a lady and asked her who she voted for, she excitedly proclaimed Obama and said he was going to pay off her hoouse and pay for her gas. :headscratch:

Yeah, by taxing the hell out of us! :cry:

Very well said!

+1........JUST let me work my butt off and keep my money to spend on Shelby's as I see fit!.........and pay my fair share of taxes for service provided! AND don't turn Social Security into a Wealth Redistribution operation!

am afraid they will (if not already did) tap into social security....where are they gone balance the trillions deficit and government loans , from Mars?

you can't understand because you are arrogant. (definition: arrogant - exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner ) Your "facts" are right wing hype, but you can't step back and look at them objectively because your opinions are worth more than the majority.

The fact that "... Obama will never have my support ..." says that you don't really care about moving the country forward, even as much as John McCain does.

Z. Ray

It appears that you're overly sensitive, so I'll let your insults go. Also, I voted for McCain, and not Obama, in order to move this country forward; I am shocked that you would think that a free American must agree with Obama or any other politician if he chooses not to. We do not live in a dictatorship.

It appears that you're overly sensitive, so I'll let your insults go. Also, I voted for McCain, and not Obama, in order to move this country forward; I am shocked that you would think that a free American must agree with Obama or any other politician if he chooses not to. We do not live in a dictatorship.

You guys need to grow up and "STOP WHINEING"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will now switch their tactic from blaming Clinton's failures on Bush to blaming Obama's failures on the Bush legacy. All successes, of course, they will take credit for just like Clinton did less than 30 days in office when he took credit for Bush #1's housing market turn around.

Bush may be in office but the Dems have had control of the House and Senate for the past two years...and what have they gotten done? Bupkas! McCain was screwed as soon as the economy hit the skids...the incumbent party always is. I voted my values and for a true patriot, not an inexperienced yet excellent orator. Time will tell whether he can do anything but give a good speech. We should all enjoy our high horsepower rides now because the greenie controlled party will all have us driving 4 bangers or electrics in a few years, no matter what the price of gas is! My .02.

Well, Chris, I couldn't agree with you more...The topic of this post is right on...I asked my wife first thing this morning which place she wanted to move to? Bolovia or New Zealand? Both are South of the Equator and should be warm enough to drive the Shelby all the time...she said "but we don't have our passports" Don't need em, ain't comin back...by the time Obama gets through with America, there won't be anything to come back to anyway...

I'll never call him Mr. President or refer to him as my President...He shows no respect to the flag of our Country, so I'll show no respect to him!

Perhaps Governor Rick Perry will declare Texas a Republic once again! No wouldn't that be a hoot? Who would come to help us defend the Republic again? LOL

Ok, I'm off my soap box...I ain't happy about it....but some of you who voted for him and think it's cool, just what are you going to think when he decides that if you have more than one Shelby, you'll have to give the others up so someone else can drive one??? HUH???? Don't say it'll never happen! But the Government will get my guns when they pry them from my cold dead fingers, and my Shelby will go with me!!!

Well, Chris, I couldn't agree with you more...The topic of this post is right on...I asked my wife first thing this morning which place she wanted to move to? Bolovia or New Zealand? Both are South of the Equator and should be warm enough to drive the Shelby all the time...she said "but we don't have our passports" Don't need em, ain't comin back...by the time Obama gets through with America, there won't be anything to come back to anyway...

I'll never call him Mr. President or refer to him as my President...He shows no respect to the flag of our Country, so I'll show no respect to him!

Perhaps Governor Rick Perry will declare Texas a Republic once again! No wouldn't that be a hoot? Who would come to help us defend the Republic again? LOL

Ok, I'm off my soap box...I ain't happy about it....but some of you who voted for him and think it's cool, just what are you going to think when he decides that if you have more than one Shelby, you'll have to give the others up so someone else can drive one??? HUH???? Don't say it'll never happen! But the Government will get my guns when they pry them from my cold dead fingers, and my Shelby will go with me!!!

do not be that pessimistic....i do believe in the check and balance in this country (and am one who came from abroad so i can see it in a little bit different angle) and i think the system on which this country was founded is so strong and powerful that it will correct veers that are too steep...it will allow room for difference but will not allow derailing. it proven itself in the past and i think it will prove it in the future.

Its funny you mentioned Texas as a Republic. Dad and I were talking this morning, and I told him " Hell, if it gets too bad we can just move to Texas" "Perry can declare it a republic". Thats too funny.

...I'll never call him Mr. President or refer to him as my President...He shows no respect to the flag of our Country, so I'll show no respect to him!...

We've already seen that happen once with the last President. I didn't like it when the dems did it to Bush and I won't do it to Obama. It did absolutely no good for our country. Even though I am extremely disappointed and have very little confidence in Obama, our system voted him in as OUR President. As far as I can tell, it was a legal win.

We've already seen that happen once with the last President. I didn't like it when the dems did it to Bush and I won't do it to Obama. It did absolutely no good for our country. Even though I am extremely disappointed and have very little confidence in Obama, our system voted him in as OUR President. As far as I can tell, it was a legal win.

+1000 on that one for sure. Wasnt MY choice in a President - but out of respect for the office its the right thing to do.

Archived