TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WOW! One heck of a statement

"America is electing a new president, but for the Germans, for Europeans, it is electing the next world leader," said Alexander Rahr, director of the German Council on Foreign Relations.

"We see new challenges coming up, not only Islamic extremism, but a newly resurgent Russia, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea — everywhere there are fires," he said. "And we, as Europeans, can't solve these problems without America. A world without American leadership is, for most Europeans, a world of chaos."

http://www.russiaprofile.org/author_biogra...=Alexander+Rahr

From this story.

Why do you think the world leaders in the banking industry that have ownership in the media has the media in the tank for Obama, and why the government and courts are not concerned with verifying Obama is really eligible to be President of the United States???

Lets just hope they don't have our computerized voting machines rigged to call Obama the winner if McCain really was to win!

Why do you think the world leaders in the banking industry that have ownership in the media has the media in the tank for Obama, and why the government and courts are not concerned with verifying Obama is really eligible to be President of the United States???

Lets just hope they don't have our computerized voting machines rigged to call Obama the winner if McCain really was to win!

:beatdeadhorse:

:headscratch:

Huh?

I was talking about a RUSSIAN speaking on the behalf of GERMANS saying EUROPEANS (collectively the EU) can't take care of things (world problems) without the U.S.'s leadership, that the world would be in "chaos".

After all the trash they talk about us, this guy has some big brass cahones (ka-HO-nes) to make a statement like that and risk being crucified by the other side of the world and generally pretty much anyone N,S,E,and W. of the US's borders.

Huh?

I was talking about a RUSSIAN speaking on the behalf of GERMANS saying EUROPEANS (collectively the EU) can't take care of things (world problems) without the U.S.'s leadership, that the world would be in "chaos".

After all the trash they talk about us, this guy has some big brass cahones (ka-HO-nes) to make a statement like that and risk being crucified by the other side of the world and generally pretty much anyone N,S,E,and W. of the US's borders.

+1

That's pretty ballsy, but refreshing to read.

Ken

Everyone hates American until the bullets start flying, then we are EVERYONES best friend

MM

That is for certain!!!

America needs a President that can be viewed as a face of change to the world. The right man in that position will fill the world with hope and can do great things. Quite honestly, I think the best person to fill that role is Obama, primarily due to the fact that he is very well spoken and is african american. He is not the stereo type of a US politian and the world welcomes that. We saw it when Obama traveled abroad and the foreign nations greeted him with standing ovations and open arms.

Now that said I am not endorsing Obama as President. I am just stating an opinion on who would be better received from a foreign nations POV. And I am not talking necessarily about foreign political leaders. I am talking about laymen.

Can McCain fill that role? I think so. Especially with Palin at his side. But I think foreign states are rooting for Obama.

America needs a President that can be viewed as a face of change to the world. The right man in that position will fill the world with hope and can do great things. Quite honestly, I think the best person to fill that role is Obama, primarily due to the fact that he is very well spoken and is african american. He is not the stereo type of a US politian and the world welcomes that. We saw it when Obama traveled abroad and the foreign nations greeted him with standing ovations and open arms.

Now that said I am not endorsing Obama as President. I am just stating an opinion on who would be better received from a foreign nations POV. And I am not talking necessarily about foreign political leaders. I am talking about laymen.

Can McCain fill that role? I think so. Especially with Palin at his side. But I think foreign states are rooting for Obama.

Like Iran

Guest markham51
Everyone hates American until the bullets start flying, then we are EVERYONES best friend

MM

I can't disagree with that statement more.

As a person who travels the world I see many people and as a Canadian in particular, I get to see how people view Americans much more candidly than Americans would get to see themselves. People open up to you more. In the past year I have traveled to Australia, Britain, Ireland, Scotland, France, Africa (Morocco and Tanzania), Dubai (UAE), India, Cambodia, Peru, Chile, Samoa, The Caribbean, Papua New Guinea and others.

People don't hate Americans but they often disagree with America's political positions. That's why the world was hoping for a change. Nothing more, nothing less.

After 911 the civilized world was united in its support of America. After the Iraq invasion, much of that good will dissipated just as the war became increasing unpopular with Americans themselves. People see a new administration as moving away from the hawkishness of Bush and Cheney to something more in tune with their political thinking.

Here are some interesting statistics which may help you understand how America fits in to the rest of the world (numbers are rounded for simplicity):

5pct population

25pct of world economy (GDP)

50pct of world military spending

75pct oil dependence

As the world's largest economy and largest military spender, America can and does wield significant influence in the world. It's consumer driven culture sets the pace for us alll. If America goes to war...many of us go to war. If it's economy tanks, so does ours. If it creates a new gadget...we all rush out to buy it.

As a person with European ancestry I feel the same sort of kinship with Americans that I feel with Europeans. We come from the same place in history. When I travel to Europe I visit the communities of my ancestors, I take the time to visit the homes where they lived and the battlefields where they died defending our freedom and our way of life. I am constantly amazed at how easily we make friends and how similar our thinking and aspirations are regardless of our individual circumstances or political leanings.

We are one world, we increasingly need to work together with those of us who have similar interests and cultures. We won't always agree on how to get there, or even on some of the priorities but we will always have more in common than you realize.

So if you think in general that people hate Americans you are dead wrong. People hate SOME Americans, just like YOU hate SOME Americans ...eg. Obama, Biden etc. But you don't hate them because they are Americans, you hate them for their purported political views.

MM

Thats because WE (the USA) rebuild there Country and make it Better. If we did not do that, I would guess that we would not be asked to help.

David.

Guest markham51
that what scares me ....i hope he is not going to be soft on their nuclear program...that would of been s disaster.

I too hope that Obama will be tough on Iran's nuclear aspirations. More than anything else he needs to get Americas allies on side to keep the pressure on. Another war? I sure hope not. The Israelis can do the job any time with relative impunity as long as they are strategic/surgical and I think America's allies will support that. Iran scares me much more than Iraq ever did.... because they tend to use religion as their rhetoric/weapon of choice vs we all new Saddam was in it for himself.

I too hope that Obama will be tough on Iran's nuclear aspirations. More than anything else he needs to get Americas allies on side to keep the pressure on. Another war? I sure hope not. The Israelis can do the job any time with relative impunity as long as they are strategic/surgical and I think America's allies will support that. Iran scares me much more than Iraq ever did.... because they tend to use religion as their rhetoric/weapon of choice vs we all new Saddam was in it for himself.

I agree...they are hardliners fanatics...and they want to spread their views on moderate Muslims...all in all scary thought if they get the nuclear weapon...what puzzles me is...Saddam was a thorn in their throat and an ally to US...why going after him and remove an obstacle from the Iranian way to have their road to nukes paved...I STILL DO NOT GET IT.

Right On ShelbyDude. Obama is not permitted/capable of working in the CIA or the FBI due to the fact he is truly not

an American citizen. So how an the heck can one be elidgible to be President if the former is not met. :headscratch::poke::soapbox: :ph34r:

A

Guest markham51
Off topic,

Markam51,

I see you live in Wilmington, NC.

I grew up in Wilmington (1966-1984). My dad still lives there.

Awesome AFB.

If you are ever in Wilmington and I'm here (usually Nov to May), give me a shout if you have time and well grab a beer!

I love Wilmington, just joined the local Mustang Club and I'm looking forward to meeting many of them on our Xmas cruise to Myrtle Beach on the 15th.

Regards

Mark

"America is electing a new president, but for the Germans, for Europeans, it is electing the next world leader," said Alexander Rahr, director of the German Council on Foreign Relations.

"We see new challenges coming up, not only Islamic extremism, but a newly resurgent Russia, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea — everywhere there are fires," he said. "And we, as Europeans, can't solve these problems without America. A world without American leadership is, for most Europeans, a world of chaos."

http://www.russiaprofile.org/author_biogra...=Alexander+Rahr

From this story.

Personally, I think the rest of the world needs to get off our shirt-tails and get their own life! They need America to wipe their noses?

Who cares what they think. If they were leaders instead of followers, they could solve their own problems. Rant off for now.

Pitiful

Dan

Huh?

MM

Exactly! +1000

I can't disagree with that statement more.

As a person who travels the world I see many people and as a Canadian in particular, I get to see how people view Americans much more candidly than Americans would get to see themselves. People open up to you more. In the past year I have traveled to Australia, Britain, Ireland, Scotland, France, Africa (Morocco and Tanzania), Dubai (UAE), India, Cambodia, Peru, Chile, Samoa, The Caribbean, Papua New Guinea and others.

People don't hate Americans but they often disagree with America's political positions. That's why the world was hoping for a change. Nothing more, nothing less.

I've been around the world too.

They like the American dollar, without which most economies would crumble.

Countries base their currencies against the dollar, not the Yen, Euro or Ruble.

too many have now second thoughts after the falling value of the Dollar...i hope it will turn around...time will tell.

Yes, 2nd thoughts. But they still are there with their hands out...

Americans are the most generous people in the history of the world. I think that will not change, whomever is president.

Generous, not just with money.

Dan

MM

Yea, and preacher boy will be looking for his writers on what to say next. Since I have family and friends in the military I would be very concerned for their safety at what Obama will do since he has already said he won't use them to unless we are attacked first.

Archived