TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many cars were there in Terlingua?

DutchGT500

I sure didn't finish, but I'm probably the only participant that got a helicopter ride that weekend ... just wish I remembered it.

Matt

Matt,

Happy to see you back with us. Healing well - I hope?

Hehehe - a helicopter ride is okay - but would be better under different circumstances I am sure :)

Page

Matt,

Happy to see you back with us. Healing well - I hope?

Hehehe - a helicopter ride is okay - but would be better under different circumstances I am sure :)

Page

Page,

For the most part I'm doing good, though I found out yeserday the nerve damage in my arm is most likely permanent. Luckily I still have enough use of my left hand to hold the wheel long enough to shift gears (makes having a short throw even better). One thing that really bothers me is my back - normally I'd just go to my chiropractor but the doctors don't want any spine or neck manipulation. I'll probably be flying up to Dallas on Thursday to buy a new 2007 SGT that's been sitting on the dealer's lot since it was delivered. I was going to wait another week or so but someone from out of state called asking about it and I'd rather not lose this one (it's too close to the one I lost).

Matt

Page,

For the most part I'm doing good, though I found out yeserday the nerve damage in my arm is most likely permanent. Luckily I still have enough use of my left hand to hold the wheel long enough to shift gears (makes having a short throw even better). One thing that really bothers me is my back - normally I'd just go to my chiropractor but the doctors don't want any spine or neck manipulation. I'll probably be flying up to Dallas on Thursday to buy a new 2007 SGT that's been sitting on the dealer's lot since it was delivered. I was going to wait another week or so but someone from out of state called asking about it and I'd rather not lose this one (it's too close to the one I lost).

Matt

Just as long as you get back to Houston by Saturday so we can give you your fundraiser money! :happy feet:

BTW- is that the one in Sherman, or outside of Ft. Worth? Make sure the one you are looking at is a stick! One dealer up there lied to me!

:headscratch:

Just as long as you get back to Houston by Saturday so we can give you your fundraiser money! :happy feet:

BTW- is that the one in Sherman, or outside of Ft. Worth? Make sure the one you are looking at is a stick! One dealer up there lied to me!

:headscratch:

Warren,

It's the one south of Ft. Worth and the window sticker says it's a manual. I'm flying tomorrow to Dallas where the saleswoman will pick me up and drive me to the dealership. I'll sign the paperwork and then start back toward Houston. I'm planning on getting as far as I can that night and then stopping - probably Waco or College Station. I'll finish the drive on Friday and be able to meet up with you guys on Saturday.

Matt

What are you guys doing Sat. nite? There is a big Mustang get together up at the Niftee 50s. MCOH is meeting up at 5 to get good parking and then eat somewhere. It is a great show that has at least 300 cars, more in great weather. 511 on Holloween!

What are you guys doing Sat. nite? There is a big Mustang get together up at the Niftee 50s. MCOH is meeting up at 5 to get good parking and then eat somewhere. It is a great show that has at least 300 cars, more in great weather. 511 on Holloween!

Sherri,

I've already planned on coming to the Mustang Nite at Niftee 50's. That's part of the reason why I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow to get the new car instead of going up there this weekend.

Matt

I would love that, but I don't think I can be away that long.

Truth is guys, Sean is doing pretty bad. He has a major absess, and last week he got a procedure to drain it because it was too big to remove safely, and not responding to antibiotics.

Its still bad, and tomorrow he must have surgery to either have it removed or add two more drain lines. So I don't know how long he is going to be stuck in the hospital, but I don't feel comfortable about being away that long or having fun while he sits in a hospital room.

I may have to just send the check by mail. I'll know more tomorrow, but my plan now is to at least drive up in my car Saturday morning, and maybe meet up for lunch somewhere? That way I can make it back to see Sean.

I would love that, but I don't think I can be away that long.

Truth is guys, Sean is doing pretty bad. He has a major absess, and last week he got a procedure to drain it because it was too big to remove safely, and not responding to antibiotics.

Its still bad, and tomorrow he must have surgery to either have it removed or add two more drain lines. So I don't know how long he is going to be stuck in the hospital, but I don't feel comfortable about being away that long or having fun while he sits in a hospital room.

I may have to just send the check by mail. I'll know more tomorrow, but my plan now is to at least drive up in my car Saturday morning, and maybe meet up for lunch somewhere? That way I can make it back to see Sean.

Warren,

If there's anything I can do for you and your brother please let me know. Sean is one of those guys that people like immediately - he needs to get better so he can buy a Shelby of his own. Can I send anything to him in the hospital?

Matt

Sean is out of surgery...His absess was caused by a layer of fat that had been twisted during his first surgery and died.

The surgeon was very positive about how it turned out, but Sean will be in the hospital for a few days. We didnt get to talk to him much...he is on a morphine drip.. :hysterical: Ill update everyone in the AM

Good to hear Warren. Glad it wasn't a more serious issue. Morphine drip....mmmmmm....good! :) We'll keep Sean in our thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery. You guys were a lot of fun in Terlingua. Hopefully we can do it again some day!

Warren,

I just got back from picking up my new Shelby GT, so the next time you tallk to Sean tell him that he needs to get better so he can join the "I almost died but now I'm back in the saddle" club - we could t-shirts made up and everything. Again, if there's anything you guys need, let me know. Are you going to be able to come down to Houston tomorrow?

Matt

Well Matt, you definately did not lose your sense of humor in that accident!!! Is there going to be a contest to design the t-shirts for the "almost died" club? And Warren please tell Sean we wish him nothing but good health! Morphine...mmmm....

Does anybody know how many cars did the Terlingua Shelby Run? I saw cars with nr 82 but do not know if this was a choosen number. Sharon, do you know?

I actually do not know the number but I do know that it was in the 80's.

Sharon

Warren,

I just got back from picking up my new Shelby GT, so the next time you tallk to Sean tell him that he needs to get better so he can join the "I almost died but now I'm back in the saddle" club - we could t-shirts made up and everything. Again, if there's anything you guys need, let me know. Are you going to be able to come down to Houston tomorrow?

Matt

Hey Matt, I just got off the phone with Warren. Sean is pretty doped up on the morphine and Warren plans on staying at the hospital this weekend. They are hoping to let Sean out of the hospital Monday. Plans are up in the air atm as Warren really wants Sean to go with him for the drive to Houston but it's going to depend on Sean's pain management next weekend. That in a nutshell is the latest update. The good news is that Sean should be fine from this really soon.

Archived