TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Decal

chrisminx

I received my membership a few months ago for the Terlingua Racing Team. Each membership comes with one TRT decal. Since i wanted to add a decal to both fenders, i purchased one from TeamShelby. The two decals are different. They are two different shades of yellow and one decal has a thicker silver border than the other. Anyone else notice this? If i can remember, I'll take a few pics tonight of them side-by-side. I'm a bit disappointed.

I've seen some different variations too. I have looked through all of ours and they are consistently the same.

I'll assume yours came from TS and not TRT? I'll be sure to post some pics tonight so you can see the difference. Maybe you can help me remember which came from TRT and which came from TS. So, i guess my next question would be "Which one would be consider 'official'?"

OK, here is the picture of the decals. Sorry if the quality isn't that great.

The one on the right is of darker yellow and the silver border isn't as thick as the one on the right. Also the bunny and lettering are different sizes.

terlingua_decal.jpg

They both look OK. And since mixing them up, I can't remember which came from TRT or TS. I guess nobody will notice once they are on either side of the car.

Indeed. Don't get yourself all wrapped up in this, it's just a decal.

I'll assume yours came from TS and not TRT? I'll be sure to post some pics tonight so you can see the difference. Maybe you can help me remember which came from TRT and which came from TS. So, i guess my next question would be "Which one would be consider 'official'?"

Both are "official", IMHO. Remember that this decal has been produced for over 40 years, and just the improvements in production (i.e. material used, printing methods, die cutting methods, the "artist eye", ect.) should explain older decals appearing slightly different than newer.

I have collected several decals from several sources, and all of mine appear identical. I have also collected embroidered patches (because I'm a Terlingue nut!), and discovered one counterfit replication. I got my money back, and the seller has since pulled his offering off the market.

Judging the pic you have posted here, Chris, IMHO, both are genuine articles, wear them with pride. LuLu has three on her, as well as all the "Bullrun" decals. None of them exactly match because decals s t r e t c h when applied, but who (other than Obama...sorry) can look at both sides of the car at one time?

If you want to trade your present decals for a perfectly matched set, e-mail me? SergntMac@aol.com.

Y'all be safe.

Archived