TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My first and last political post

there have been many polictical posts that I have read over the course of the last 3-4 months to which I have not posted to any for several reasons, none of which really matter except to me. For me, it does not matter to me who you vote for, what matters is that you vote. I know some have already voted early, but here in SC, we didn't have the option so I suspect tomorrow will be very long lines and long waits to cast our ballots. For those who stand in line tomorrow I applaud you and here are some things to think about that I will be considering as I wait:

As I stand in line, my older feet will becomed tired and ache, I WILL THINK ABOUT THE MANY MEN AND WOMEN SERVING OUR COUNTRY THAT HAVE BLISTERED FEET.

As I stand in line, I may long to be doing something else, I WILL THINK ABOUT THE MANY MEN AND WOMEN SERVING THIS COUNTRY AND HOW MANY TIMES A DAY THEY WOULD RATHER BE DOING SOMETHING ELSE.

As I stand in line, I may encounter people with whom I disagree with, I WILL THINK ABOUT THE MANY MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO DISAGREE OPENLY.

As I stand in line, I may become frustrated with the long wait, I WILL THINK ABOUT THE MANY YOUNG HUSBANDS, WIVES AND CHILDREN OF OUR MILITARY FAMILIES THAT ARE PATIENTLY WAITING FOR A LOVED ONE TO COME HOME.

As I stand in line, I may become thirsty and I WILL THINK ABOUT OUR MIILTARY MEN AND WOMEN PATROLING THE DESERTS OF IRAQ AND THE TROOPS THAT ARE TRAVERSING THE MOUNTAINOUS AREAS OF AFGHANSITAN.

As I stand in line, I may even think the wait is not worth it and I WILL THINK ABOUT OUR TROOPS THAT HAVE GIVEN THE ULITMATE SACRIFE AND THEIR LOVED ONES.

As I stand in line, I will see many who came to vote with walkers, canes and even in wheel chairs and I WILL THINK ABOUT THE MANY MEN AND WOMEN IN OUR MILITARY THAT HAVE COME HOME WITH WOUNDS AND LOSS OF LIMB.

Once I go into the voting booth and make my final selection, I WILL QUIETLY UTTER OUT LOUD, THANK YOU LORD FOR THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE PAID SUCH A GREAT PRICE TO ALLOW ME THIS RIGHT.

Craig

Great post and nice thoughts....i may add to it:

Think about mistakes made by high leaderships ( you will vote for one tomorrow) that those proud men and women have paid a hefty price for , and think about the helpless civilians and innocent bystanders that paid that hefty price too.

A very very good thought to whom you want to give your vote to is vital.

Great post and nice thoughts....i may add to it:

Think about mistakes made by high leaderships ( you will vote for one tomorrow) that those proud men and women have paid a hefty price for , and think about the helpless civilians and innocent bystanders that paid that hefty price too.

A very very good thought to whom you want to give your vote to is vital.

Thanks, sharabi...you are correct that I did forget to mention the helpless civilians and innocent bystanders that paid a hefty price and I PROMISE THAT I WILL REMEMBER THEM TOMORROW AS I WAIT IN LINE. ALL TOO OFTEN AS TIME GOES BY WE FORGET THE VICTIMS OF 9/11 AND THEIR FAMILIES.

In regards to your comment "you will vote for one tomorrow," please don't assume that you know who I will vote for as I have not said. My wife does not even know whom I will vote for so I doubt that you do. My post was nothing more than a reminder to a free country and free people that is our right and privilege tomorrow because of those who have served this country. PROBLEMS OR NOT, I HAVEN'T FOUND A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE, HAVE YOU? Craig

Thanks, sharabi...you are correct that I did forget to mention the helpless civilians and innocent bystanders that paid a hefty price and I PROMISE THAT I WILL REMEMBER THEM TOMORROW AS I WAIT IN LINE. ALL TOO OFTEN AS TIME GOES BY WE FORGET THE VICTIMS OF 9/11 AND THEIR FAMILIES.

In regards to your comment "you will vote for one tomorrow," please don't assume that you know who I will vote for as I have not said. My wife does not even know whom I will vote for so I doubt that you do. My post was nothing more than a reminder to a free country and free people that is our right and privilege tomorrow because of those who have served this country. PROBLEMS OR NOT, I HAVEN'T FOUND A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE, HAVE YOU? Craig

Whom you will vote for is none of my business (and i did not suggest that i know whom your vote will go to...i said you will vote for one and there are two candidates,...that is all to it...) and to make this place a better one by addressing and pointing out the repeated mistakes from Nam to Iraq is something good.

I have a lot of respect to service men and women including the great mom of a great service man that demonstrated in Washington DC against war.

In wars every one lose...only one loses more than the other.

NO WINNERS IN WARS and am sorry it just happen that i do not like them....sorry if that bothers any one.

Archived