TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock drive shaft

TheSandman

Help!!! Have a '07 Shelby GT500 I use for open track. Have done a few mods for the track. I put a aluminum 1 peice drive shaft in. Have vibrations bad over 100mph. Any suggestions?

Can anyone help me find a 2 peice stock shaft? A new one is $900-$1200 from dealer.

email at: vbanks@triad.rr.com or call 336 314 5920

I have a driving event in 2 wks.

Help!!! Have a '07 Shelby GT500 I use for open track. Have done a few mods for the track. I put a aluminum 1 peice drive shaft in. Have vibrations bad over 100mph. Any suggestions?

Can anyone help me find a 2 peice stock shaft? A new one is $900-$1200 from dealer.

You might check the Shelby Mod shops (Vegas, Quantum or Tasca) as they may have the stock 2 piece D/S taken off Shelby's being upgraded to the 1 piece aluminum.

Vibrations could be from knocking off the balancing weights. It happened to one of the cars at Terlingua and anything over 80 he could not drive it vibrated so bad.

Jim

I would contact your supplier and have them replace the shaft on the grounds that it was not properly balanced. Unless of course it was an install error---best be looking at both routes

Anyone know the advantage of a composite driveshaft over an aluminum one? Anyone have a composite?

I just ran across one on Inland Empire Driveline's site, but the description isn't very detailed.

Any info is much appreciated.

Ken

Archived