TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang GT/CS

I just got my hand slapped for posting pics of the CS/GT on another site. I would imagine those will not be up for too long. And I'd rather have a regular GT than a GT with extra stickers and some falsies.

EDIT: Very nice find Coldwater.

I wonder who is going to get shot over those photos getting out in the first place?

I wonder who is going to get shot over those photos getting out in the first place?

Brad put them up first but I think he got in trouble. In his post he said something like " well, since HTT talked about this in a press metting I guess I can post the pictures." Not long after that the pics were gone.

Hard to believe, but many dealers in California have new 2005 (and 2006) Mustangs sitting around unsold. They historically get more than their fair share of Mustangs. Ford is even offering cash to dealers to clear out unsold, new 2005's! With demand waning in California, I suppose it was only natural for Ford to offer a "feature car" to spur sales.

What is a "feature car," you ask? Ford typically brings out a "feature car" on the Mustang platform to spice things up to help sales. In 1990, it was the "7-up" Mustang LX 5.0L Convertible (emerald green with white leather, white top, and GT turbine wheels. Then the offered the chrome yellow LX 5.0L Convertible with chrome wheels and black top and the performance red LX 5.0L Convertible with white top, white leather, and white 16" pony wheels. On the Fox4 chassis, they offered the 1999 35th Anniversary Limited Edition GT with unique wheels, hood stripe, interior, and hood/side scoops. I used to own the feature car from 2000 - GT with hood stripes, unique wheels, hood/side scoops, rear bumper lettering. 2001 brought the Bullitt GT, and 2003/4 brought the Mach 1.

The California Special is just another one of a long line of "feature cars" in the Mustang stable. It is only available to dealers in California and MSRP for the package is $1995 per our ordering guides.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 10:29 AM) 2579[/snapback]

The California Special is just another one of a long line of "feature cars" in the Mustang stable. It is only available to dealers in California and MSRP for the package is $1995 per our ordering guides.

No kidding? Cali only? Hmmmm, interesting.

No kidding? Cali only? Hmmmm, interesting.

Yep, I tried putting in the codes to order one yesterday and it said available to California dealers only. No surprise, though, as the original CS/GT was only available to Cali DSO's back in the late '60's. The 1970 Mach 1 Twister Special was only available to the Wichita, KS DSO. The original V6 Pony Package in 2002 was conceived and released just to Florida dealers, but went nationwide the following year.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 10:57 AM) 2586[/snapback]

Yep, I tried putting in the codes to order one yesterday and it said available to California dealers only. No surprise, though, as the original CS/GT was only available to Cali DSO's back in the late '60's. The 1970 Mach 1 Twister Special was only available to the Wichita, KS DSO. The original V6 Pony Package in 2002 was conceived and released just to Florida dealers, but went nationwide the following year.

So we need a WA/GT with mud flaps, a bottle of rain-x, studded tires standard, a ski rack, and heated mirrors. ;)

So we need a WA/GT with mud flaps, a bottle of rain-x, studded tires standard, a ski rack, and heated mirrors. ;)

In the NY metro area we need a Yankee pinstriped vert in white. No wait , we already had thet last year .

They made 60 of them ,they hardly sold any, the dealers ended up taking off the stripes and selling them plain. :lol::lol:

Very funny! Actually, for 2005 Ford did an F150 Northwest Limited Edition. They included Roush 20" wheels, Roush Billet Grille, Chrome Step Bars, and unique badging. They made 600 of them. We got 20 of them and have 5 left. While it's no Mustang, it at least has the 300hp 5.4L 3V V8.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 12:34 PM) 2603[/snapback]

Very funny! Actually, for 2005 Ford did an F150 Northwest Limited Edition. They included Roush 20" wheels, Roush Billet Grille, Chrome Step Bars, and unique badging. They made 600 of them. We got 20 of them and have 5 left. While it's no Mustang, it at least has the 300hp 5.4L 3V V8.

4x4? Crew? $$$?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 12:34 PM) 2603[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

4x4? Crew? $$$?

Yes, all 5 we have left are 4x4 - 1 is a SuperCab, the other 4 are SuperCrew. For example, we have a black SuperCrew 4x4 with an MSRP of $38,444 that is on sale for $27,529 after our discount and the $5,000 factory rebate when you finance with Ford Credit...

Click here for pictures, pricing, equipment, etc. for all of them.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 03:46 PM) 2642[/snapback]

Yes, all 5 we have left are 4x4 - 1 is a SuperCab, the other 4 are SuperCrew. For example, we have a black SuperCrew 4x4 with an MSRP of $38,444 that is on sale for $27,529 after our discount and the $5,000 factory rebate when you finance with Ford Credit...

Click here for pictures, pricing, equipment, etc. for all of them.

Good looking rigs. For my taste, the 20 inch wheels are a little to blingy on a truck.

Click here[/url] for pictures, pricing, equipment, etc. for all of them.

I like your 1999 Lumina with 77,885 miles on your used vehicles specials list. Just kiddin'. No way I am gonna sit in that car.

The trucks you have are very nice. SuperCrews over here cost around 54000 Euro = $65000. :blink: :blink:

pjcobra9t7, wow that's a lot of money for a truck. That must be one of many reasons why my wife's parents immigrated from Holland to the USA (my wife is 1st generation American and 100% Dutch). My father-in-law was in the merchant marine in Holland in the 1950's and 1960's, but is retired and settled here in the Seattle area now.

My wife and I will likely be vacationing in Holland next year some time. She has dozens of relatives there who have offered their hospitality when we visit, as we have done for them when they visit us here in the USA. The Dutch are some of the nicest people on Earth! Now, if we could just learn how to build dams like theirs we wouldn't have all these darn floods (Seattle is really soaked now with many rivers overflowing).

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 21 2006, 11:48 PM) 2710[/snapback]

pjcobra9t7, wow that's a lot of money for a truck. That must be one of many reasons why my wife's parents immigrated from Holland to the USA (my wife is 1st generation American and 100% Dutch). My father-in-law was in the merchant marine in Holland in the 1950's and 1960's, but is retired and settled here in the Seattle area now.

My wife and I will likely be vacationing in Holland next year some time. She has dozens of relatives there who have offered their hospitality when we visit, as we have done for them when they visit us here in the USA. The Dutch are some of the nicest people on Earth! Now, if we could just learn how to build dams like theirs we wouldn't have all these darn floods (Seattle is really soaked now with many rivers overflowing).

Five-Oh, nice to hear. When you come over, you are invited. I am the president of Dutch Mustang club too. We have 1300 members. And do visit us when we have a meeting.

BTW, we did 28 US states by now in 12 years. Alaska was nr 1, but we never did the NW. If my kids have an early summer vacation we plan to visit as we like to go the big 1000+ Mustang NW show.

pjcobra9t7,

You'll definitely want to visit the Northwest USA in July when the annual show comes to town. 1500 Mustangs in one place at one time! It's so huge you can't see every car in one day.

If you come to Washington state or British Columbia, you'll want to visit a little Dutch town called Lynden in Washington state near the US-Canadian border. A lot of Dutch immigrants settled there and most of the community is Dutch. My wife has family-friends there, and it's like a little bit of Holland in our backyard!

The local Mustang club in town just had guests from Norway who stayed here for a few weeks. They stayed at the home of one our well-known and local Mustang families. My mom is 100% Norweigian so it was quite interesting to speak with them while they were here. I used to think the Mustangs were an American icon, but it appears to have worldwide appeal!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 23 2006, 12:12 AM) 2749[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

pjcobra9t7,

You'll definitely want to visit the Northwest USA in July when the annual show comes to town. 1500 Mustangs in one place at one time! It's so huge you can't see every car in one day.

If you come to Washington state or British Columbia, you'll want to visit a little Dutch town called Lynden in Washington state near the US-Canadian border. A lot of Dutch immigrants settled there and most of the community is Dutch. My wife has family-friends there, and it's like a little bit of Holland in our backyard!

The local Mustang club in town just had guests from Norway who stayed here for a few weeks. They stayed at the home of one our well-known and local Mustang families. My mom is 100% Norweigian so it was quite interesting to speak with them while they were here. I used to think the Mustangs were an American icon, but it appears to have worldwide appeal!

I sure will. I know the President of the Norwegian club very well, Arild and his wife Turid Gronnevik, meget vennlig. They stayed here in summer 2004 when they visited Holland. We went to a Mustang show. Mustangers are one big family.

We have attended so many shows in the USA. 30th, 35th, 40th, some FFW and a lot of MCA shows and made a lot of friends. We invite them, they invite us. I must say that not a lot of Americans really do come over. I do not know why that is? We Dutch are friendly, speak perfectly English and are 'gezellig'. Your wife knows what I am talking about.

Anyway, we are off topic. Keep in contact. Have a look on my website www.stangnet.nl

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 22 2006, 03:12 PM) 2749[/snapback]

pjcobra9t7,

Yeah, there are lots of Dutch in British Columbia. Worth a trip if you're out this way!!!

KingCobra.

Yeah, there are lots of Dutch in British Columbia. Worth a trip if you're out this way!!!

KingCobra.

We visited Canada in 1993. Started in Vancouver and drove to the Rockies (Banff and Jasper NP) and from there we drove all the way up to Anchorage, Alaska. We survived the Alcan. We drove back on the Cassiar. It was a beautiful trip in 6 weeks with lots of wildlife. We camped in a tent. When we brought the rental car back, the man could not believe his eyes, 12675km. :blink: We love Canada.

Archived