TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If Lightning Strikes You Dead Today, is your.....

As of today they would be set financially for sure. I've made sure of that. However, if with the poor economy or other factors I was to loose my job the vast majority of my life insurance would go with it and i would need to look at some additional options. If my wife knew what i was worth to her dead I may be in some trouble though today.

Even with all the planning sometimes things happen that change the circumstances....timing is everything but as of right now we are in fact covered for more than is needed but i want my kids to have college $ and the house paid for along with all other debt since I'm the source of income there would be other issues for them to address but they would have time and the support of both sides of parents etc. We are lucky to have what we do in this area.

I do have life insurance on my wife. I also have life insurance to provide for her and the kids. It is a close call as to whether I am worth more dead than alive...........

At least I know she does not like to take the trash out or take the garbage cans to the curb for trash pickup. I know she won't poison me for the insurance money because then she would need to take the trash out.

Tony,

I know that my family will survive. Of course they will.

I just want them to have the same standard of living that I have provided for them if something ever happened to me. My wife Tana is a stay at home mom. We have 3 children and our last one that's still in our home is 14. My wife has worked very hard in the home with our 3 children and keeping the house up and taking care of us all.

She even says I'm one of the kids. :rolleyes:

The problem is that her skills don't pay anything in the work place.

I've been a little busy the last few weeks - we sold our albatross of a spec house and the broker paperwork has kept me busy. So I just caught this on a new posts review.

We actually have quite a bit of life insurance. Enough to pay off the house and then some. I get cheap term insurance through my employer and we have a couple of whole life policies we got a bunch of years ago that also have a mutual-fund attribute separate from the life insurance aspect. Plus a couple of other small policies.

When my company was sold at one time they offered the option to keep that policy and we have been paying on it, but the premium (at my age) is getting a little pricey - remember if you live long enough they will collect all of the payout in premiums. I'm not sure how much longer we will keep this one.

My wife is insured through her employer plus riders on my policies plus the whole life and a small other policy we got right after we were married.

We keep ducking the will but it's on the list of things to do before the end of the year.

If something happens to me while I am out of Town, The plan I have set up is a Friend of mine is to go to my place an "Burn it to the Ground" before my Family gets there................... :hysterical:

Trust me..................you don't want to know why.... :hysterical:

If something happens to me while I am out of Town, The plan I have set up is a Friend of mine is to go to my place an "Burn it to the Ground" before my Family gets there................... :hysterical:

Trust me..................you don't want to know why.... :hysterical:

Wonder how many are actually living the good life while believed dead??????????????? :hysterical:

Archived