TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If Lightning Strikes You Dead Today, is your.....

If Lightning Strikes You Dead Today, is your family going to survive with out you?

I'm just curious if most of you guys have a rock solid plan in place to provide for you wife and kids if something were to happen to you?

You just never know when your time is up and the burden that it could place on your wife and kids. For me this has always been a big priority. I am my wifes provider weather I'm dead or alive. I feel I owe that to her.

If Lightning Strikes You Dead Today, is your family going to survive with out you?

I'm just curious if most of you guys have a rock solid plan in place to provide for you wife and kids if something were to happen to you?

You just never know when your time is up and the burden that it could place on your wife and kids. For me this has always been a big priority. I am my wifes provider weather I'm dead or alive. I feel I owe that to her.

:hysterical:

Told my wife if that happens she will finally have to get a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grabbie,

Even we only had $6.50 per hour coming into our family many years ago, we had life and medical insurance.

Now days, we have life policies on the wife and myself as well as the kids. We also have always kept medical insurance.

And as a matter of fact, this is partilly why I sold my Shelby early this year. I realized that there needed to be some work done in that direction so I am currently working multiple jobs to make progress in that area. Another Shelby will be in my future someday.

We also did our living wills about 5 years ago and keep them updated.

Kyle

Dunno....but the Cobra struck him dead. You never know when your times up !!!

th_Bird009.jpg

th_Bird007.jpg

I trust you reported this "FATAL ACCIDENT" to the Authorities?????????????

Or was it really an accident?????????????? :hysterical:

Grabbie,

Even we only had $6.50 per hour coming into our family many years ago, we had life and medical insurance.

Now days, we have life policies on the wife and myself as well as the kids. We also have always kept medical insurance.

And as a matter of fact, this is partilly why I sold my Shelby early this year. I realized that there needed to be some work done in that direction so I am currently working multiple jobs to make progress in that area. Another Shelby will be in my future someday.

We also did our living wills about 5 years ago and keep them updated.

Kyle

Kyle,

Good job my friend. Your priorities are straight. I admire you for that. Living Wills are very importand. I learned that 14 years ago when my Brother and Sister inlaw died in a tragedy....with no will. What a mess that was.

After seeing what happened during my brothers death....I hired an attorney and did a living will. Then bought life insurance policies on my wife and I. I have some other things in place to take care of my house and income if I were to die and leave my wife as a widow. I keep a file on all this stuff and update it every year so she has it all in one place if she ever needed it.

Hopefully she never needs it....but it's there if she does.

I have life insurance and ONE Child is all I have so guess who is getting ALL the :spend: Unless I marry again which I plan on doing, I'm still young and Vivacious :dance: :happy feet:

It's pretty sad that we are worth more gone than being here on earth, sheesh thanks for the nice thought Grabber :cry:

I have life insurance and ONE Child is all I have so guess who is getting ALL the :spend: Unless I marry again which I plan on doing, I'm still young and Vivacious :dance: :happy feet:

It's pretty sad that we are worth more gone than being here on earth, sheesh thanks for the nice thought Grabber :cry:

Money isn't everything, don't think that way! You are worth more than the money to your son, family and me!!

I think hope so.

I think so.

Tony,

I know that my family will survive. Of course they will.

I just want them to have the same standard of living that I have provided for them if something ever happened to me. My wife Tana is a stay at home mom. We have 3 children and our last one that's still in our home is 14. My wife has worked very hard in the home with our 3 children and keeping the house up and taking care of us all.

She even says I'm one of the kids. :rolleyes:

The problem is that her skills don't pay anything in the work place.

With the amount of stupidity and death that has been around us lately, you bet. It's only smart.

Lie insurance on me through a private policy and work policy.

Life insurance on her.

Life insurance on the grandson.

Life insurance on her daughter and my Mom.

Each of us have wills and power of attorneys as well.

All in all these insurance's cost us ~$350 a year.

My wife's dad died about 2-3 months ago not believing in life or health insurance. He had Medicaid and that only covers about 80% of everything. His wife is now struggling to pay the rest of the hospital bills. BTW, he had Lukemeia which included having Chemotherapy and a blood transfusion (that killed him). The remaining bills are still in the mucho thousands of dollars.

:happy feet:

Good thread, Grabby! Taking personal responsibility--now that is more like it!

:happy feet:

Archived