TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Donations to LSR's wife and kids

If you can help just a little....Please do.

I am copying and pasting a post from Lamontes best friend Micky (stangcrazy) on how to donate. Even 5 bucks means alot. If you find it in your heart to donate....please do.

This is Micky's post:

I would like to get this out as many have asked us to do,

Good Morning all I would like to let everyone know that I just got an FBO account set up for Lamonte's wife and 2 children. They will need allot of help until the dust settles for them and this is the easiest way to help out.

First off The bank is GSC Federal Credit Union the address is

3970 Maryville RD

Granite City IL. 62040-9931

Checks can be sent there but must have in the payee line FBO Lamonte Morris

Second anyone can go directly too any GCS credit union and give them his Name Lamonte Morris and they can take the donation that way. account number not needed.

Third is you can make a check out to myself Mickey Holmes and put on the memo FBO LaMonte Morriss and send too

Mickey Holmes

2216 Lynch Ave

Granite City IL. 62040

I will take care of all the tax things for Sue and kids and keep all paper work for anyone who wants to personally audit the account. The only people who have access to the account is Myself and Sue

I will leave this account open for as long as they need it and donation come in. They all will greatly be appreciated and needed for awhile. Thanks In Advance Mickey and the Morriss Family, I tried to set up visa donations and they said it was like a cash advance and they cannot do it because of regulations and their are a ton of them. So let the donations begin.

Please cut and paste this info and post on all other sites you belong too, some I just don't have acccounts with yet so it would be easier.

This is my plan and it's so easy to do.

I'm writing a check to: (put this in the payee line)

FBO Lamonte Morris

And mailing it to:

GSC Federal Credit Union

3970 Maryville RD

We as a team can make a difference here, but we have to pull together.

This is my plan and it's so easy to do.

I'm writing a check to: (put this in the payee line)

FBO Lamonte Morris

And mailing it to:

GSC Federal Credit Union

3970 Maryville RD

We as a team can make a difference here, but we have to pull together.

This is so easy to do. Takes 2 minutes.

th_WinterizeNov2008048.jpg

Please write the check and pop it in the mail today.

No matter how little....every bit will count because we have strength in our numbers here.

The thing is.....that we need to respond.

yes, it is the right thing to do. And I think your challenge is a very good one......one that I met yesterday btw (deposit on funeral), but I was not really gonna get into the numbers, although Mickey knows about it. But, great minds think alike, even if one belongs to a dog and one to a cat so to speak. Thanks for posting the challenge. I honestly felt a sense of relief after I did it..........my heart definitely knew that it was something that was important for me to do.

Let's hope more can step up to the plate.

I know most won't be able to afford it at this time.

You don't have to donate all $500 at one time. Give what you can to help them out when you can. I'm right at that $500 number give or take a few $ now but I have not done it all at one time. It's $50 here and $20 there. The biggest I did at one time was a bit over $420 but if some one can't do that just do what ever you can. My $50 was through the decal set up MrFarmdog and Vapordude set up. It's more than a donation...it's also a nice way ro honor and remember a man that I called my friend.

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts and donations.

You don't have to donate all $500 at one time. Give what you can to help them out when you can. I'm right at that $500 number give or take a few $ now but I have not done it all at one time. It's $50 here and $20 there. The biggest I did at one time was a bit over $420 but if some one can't do that just do what ever you can. My $50 was through the decal set up MrFarmdog and Vapordude set up. It's more than a donation...it's also a nice way ro honor and remember a man that I called my friend.

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts and donations.

That's right Iceman, it all adds up to alot even if it is a little at a time. I know some people feel a little uncomfortable about donating and they would rather donate anonymously and that can be done at another site through a credit card purchase. ALL money will be combined into one check and sent to the FBO account set up by Micky. I can not post the link to the other site due to link rules here. I wish they would make an exception for this cause as LaMonte is a well respected member of this site.

If one of the admins will allow the post of the link, please e-mail me and I will provide that link.

Let's hope more can step up to the plate.

I know most won't be able to afford it at this time.

I'm sorry, but didn't we learn our lesson last time that using this site for personal fundraising is just going to cause problems?

$500? Are you kidding?

I am supposed to send $500 to people I have never met, and I have no idea whether they need the money or not? If someone could afford a Shelby, how is money an issue?

:shift:

I'm sorry, but didn't we learn our lesson last time that using this site for personal fundraising is just going to cause problems?

$500? Are you kidding?

I am supposed to send $500 to people I have never met, and I have no idea whether they need the money or not? If someone could afford a Shelby, how is money an issue?

you are not supposed to do anything. This is for people that want to help and that is all. LaMonte was a person I was friends with and if I had the $ I would pay off everything for them. He was a good man a good member to this site. Those that attend Shelbyfest in Hermann, MO all met him in person and know who he is as well.

There are a number of personal reasons for why the family is in need now. It's not for me to discuss. All of the help is appreciated as nothing is expected of anyone.

you are not supposed to do anything. This is for people that want to help and that is all. LaMonte was a person I was friends with and if I had the $ I would pay off everything for them. He was a good man a good member to this site. Those that attend Shelbyfest in Hermann, MO all met him in person and know who he is as well.

There are a number of personal reasons for why the family is in need now. It's not for me to discuss. All of the help is appreciated as nothing is expected of anyone.

My Dad died when I was twenty, and I was halfway through college. I paid the whole freight myself, from start to finish, working, and borrowed the money for law school, too. I helped support my Mom. She also died young.

Your hearts are no doubt in the right place.

Grabby has posted a good reminder in another thread about planning for events like this.

My Dad died when I was twenty, and I was halfway through college. I paid the whole freight myself, from start to finish, working, and borrowed the money for law school, too. I helped support my Mom. She also died young.

Your hearts are no doubt in the right place.

Grabby has posted a good reminder in another thread about planning for events like this.

..many of us could tell stories of strive and self sufficiency (my father died when I was 22 and it was indeed tough), and I am very glad that you have achieved a high level of success. Grabber's thread might be a good place to tell these stories. Right now, LSRs family is struggling to just pay for his funeral and keep their home......discussing how this could have been avoided will no longer help their situation.

Those of us that are asking for others to help LSRs family know what good folks LSR and his wife are. All that we are trying to achieve is to keep them from drowning before they have a chance to regroup and start swimming. Just helping them deal with some basics, not helping them keep non-essentials. I believe that this situation is the true meaning of charity.

gregg, owe you a call, didn't turn on my cell until late sat night.........so didn't get your vm in time......

No Worries... Dr Jon was on call all weekend and had several house calls waiting for him all afternoon... Postponed until further notice...

Gregg

Archived