TEAM SHELBY FORUM

McCain Wants Control of Female Reproductive Organs!

I propose we no longer allow political discussions on this site. Since everyone has such different opinions I feel we would be better off talking about what we are all on this site for; we enjoy our cars.

I will say this and that's it......I have seen more than most of you when it comes to life and death and have saved both mothers and babies from certain death. You can call me any name you want, I could give a damn, but won't tolerate being compared to a subhuman like Dr. Joseph Mangela. Got IT?

I dont agree we need to stop the political discussions. I do agree the name calling and the hate talk need to go! And we need educated people like yourselves to educate the rest of us. I have asked this question before and have gotten a couple of different answers but, never from an OBGYN. I am an EMT and too have seen my share life and death. I cant see how PBA can save the life of a Mother since you are still delivering? What am I missing?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is something the left has brought up in every elsection. Its a bunch of crap, they know but are hoping you'll buy into it. I think its funny all the insults 666 has thrown around. He gets to say when life begins too. He talks about rape but not the 93% (yes, google realy works) of abortions that are for convienience. Oh and by the way, your elderly mother is infringing on your rights, maybe we should abort her

Hey Tim,

My Mother passed on a few years ago. You want to talk about insulting? I dont appreciate it.

KC666

Hey Tim,

My Mother passed on a few years ago. You want to talk about insulting? I dont appreciate it.

KC666

You are way to wound up in this dude, I wasnt speaking directly to you. And you cant tell me that you havent heard about this before. Its just a matter of time. The last cradle to grave plan that the Dems came up with stated the government would decide if you were entitled to care given age as a factor

My condolances for you and your family. I lost my dad about the same time and I still miss him

You are not missing anything. In 20 years I have never seen where a PBA was indicated to save a maternal life. NEVER.

You guys all need to lighten up a bit. I would rather someone post a cool pic of their latest mod.

My friend just bought a 2009 BMW M3. Beautiful car, and solid as hell. Feels like it was carved out of a solid block of aluminum.

I propose we no longer allow political discussions on this site. Since everyone has such different opinions I feel we would be better off talking about what we are all on this site for; we enjoy our cars.

I will say this and that's it......I have seen more than most of you when it comes to life and death and have saved both mothers and babies from certain death. You can call me any name you want, I could give a damn, but won't tolerate being compared to a subhuman like Dr. Joseph Mangela. Got IT?

Doc,

So you dont like what's being said, everyone has to shut up? Did you feel that way before you realized not everyone agreed with you?

If you dont like the threads, dont read them. I never said you were like Dr. Mengle. I said doctors have no special moral authority, some doctors are wrong, bad or downright evil, like Mengle. I'll stand by that statement, its completely factual. Do you think being a doctor makes your opinon special? I dont think it does. You sound pretty full of yourself.

Insults: I've been insulted plenty here, SVTTim taking shots at my mother? If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Stop whimpering and whinning about it feeling insulted, its pathetic. Man up people, MAN the :censored: up....

KC666

Doc,

So you dont like what's being said, everyone has to shut up? Did you feel that way before you realized not everyone agreed with you?

If you dont like the threads, dont read them. I never said you were like Dr. Mengle. I said doctors have no special moral authority, some doctors are wrong, bad or downright evil, like Mengle. I'll stand by that statement, its completely factual. Do you think being a doctor makes your opinon special? I dont think it does. You sound pretty full of yourself.

Insults: I've been insulted plenty here, SVTTim taking shots at my mother? If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Stop whimpering and whinning about it feeling insulted, its pathetic. Man up people, MAN the :censored: up....

KC666

If you feel I have insulted your Mother, contact a Mod, It was not my intention and its clear

I saw this post and initially thought it was a joke.

It's unbelieveable to me that anybody could post that title as a serious topic. I'm wondering who gets the contract to manufacture the remote controls for the reproductive organs, and what exactly, once Mr. McCain GETS the 150,000,000 remote controls for all of the female reproductive organs, what, exactly, will the remote controls make the reproductive organs do?

When, exactly, did the Supreme court ever legislate that a woman does not have to have a baby?

Why, exactly would any sane person think that the Supreme court would require women to have babies?

And, even if such an absurd thing even happened, how, exactly, is the Supreme court or anybody else going to force women to have babies? Baby police? Suppose the husband can't deliver? Will the Baby Police impregnate the women and force them to have babies?

What pathetic display of utter ignorance.

I saw this post and initially thought it was a joke.

It's unbelieveable to me that anybody could post that title as a serious topic. I'm wondering who gets the contract to manufacture the remote controls for the reproductive organs, and what exactly, once Mr. McCain GETS the 150,000,000 remote controls for all of the female reproductive organs, what, exactly, will the remote controls make the reproductive organs do?

When, exactly, did the Supreme court ever legislate that a woman does not have to have a baby?

Why, exactly would any sane person think that the Supreme court would require women to have babies?

And, even if such an absurd thing even happened, how, exactly, is the Supreme court or anybody else going to force women to have babies? Baby police? Suppose the husband can't deliver? Will the Baby Police impregnate the women and force them to have babies?

What pathetic display of utter ignorance.

I'm reposting this because I guess you didnt read through the threads.

Women will be FORCED to give birth if McCain and Palin get the chance to appoint Supreme court justices. Nothing ignorant or inaccurate about it. If you cant legally get an abortion and cant afford to get out of the country or go to some back alley butcher, what would you call it? I guess only the rich will have that option, poor people can get strapped to the gurney.

It's not a joke, its very serious to women who will be affected.

One other thing to think on. What if a woman doesnt WANT to have kids, she should never be able to have sex then? Some women just dont want any. Maybe they just want to wait till latter in life. Most of you are against birth control too, and tube tying is expensive, again limiting the option to only the rich. Tube tying can also lead to infertility.

A woman should be able to choose the life she leads, not you, Sarah Palin or John McCain. Personally, I dont think its any of the governments business.

KC666

This is such a heated topic that it will never get solved. Morally we have an obligation to save life not take it away. I agree with the Doctor on this one and I am only a mother of 4. I also think that if more women understood the consequences of abortion they would make different choices. I am talking about emotional consequences and medical consequences. Most Doctors that do these abortions aren't being honest about cancers being caused by abortion and the emotional toll it takes on a woman when they realized they killed what could've been the next president or a really good doctor. To say they would force having babies is a bit of an exaderation. If you don't want kids use protection or don't have sex. It is that simple.

This is only my opinion and you know about opinions. Right!

Opinions are like asses and elbows everyone has them.

May I ask a favor of you? Since OB/GYN is your specialty...what conditions would have to exist for a partial birth abortion to be necessary to save the mother's life, and what are the odds of those conditions happening? I know you have said you've never had them arise, but I'm interested in the probability.

Fortunately I live in The Netherlands and we think very progressive on this subject. IMO abortion is a women's right in some cases. The problem in the US is that you have the highest teen pregnancies in the world. I think that is because of the puritan behavior of the American people. Most of these teens can not raise a child and a lot of them end in the gutter or live in poor circumstances.

In The Netherlands the abortion rate under teens is incredibly low. It is not illegal. We have less then 6 out of 1000 pregnancies ending in an abortion. Young girls are very early raised with the knowledge of anti conception means, like condoms and the pill. Because sex and these things are very normal things for them there is no thing in doing these things secretly and therefore most teens choose to wait. You know the words. If you forbid things, children will just do it.

Unfortunately religion plays a big role in this discussion.

Fortunately I live in The Netherlands and we think very progressive on this subject. IMO abortion is a women's right in some cases. The problem in the US is that you have the highest teen pregnancies in the world. I think that is because of the puritan behavior of the American people. Most of these teens can not raise a child and a lot of them end in the gutter or live in poor circumstances.

In The Netherlands the abortion rate under teens is incredibly low. It is not illegal. We have less then 6 out of 1000 pregnancies ending in an abortion. Young girls are very early raised with the knowledge of anti conception means, like condoms and the pill. Because sex and these things are very normal things for them there is no thing in doing these things secretly and therefore most teens choose to wait. You know the words. If you forbid things, children will just do it.

Thanks for the comments from a differing prospective. The same people who want to ban abortion, also want to ban education, contraceptives and birth control in the US.

McCain and Palin respesent those people and will do their bidding if elected. That means putting right wing judges on the court who take the choice out of the hands of women in the US and give it to the Government.

Whether you agree with abortion or not, most sensible folks would agree its none of the governments business. McCain and Palin will MAKE it the governments business. I think the results will not be to the liking of many.

KC666

Thanks for the comments from a differing prospective. The same people who want to ban abortion, also want to ban education, contraceptives and birth control in the US.

McCain and Palin respesent those people and will do their bidding if elected. That means putting right wing judges on the court who take the choice out of the hands of women in the US and give it to the Government.

Whether you agree with abortion or not, most sensible folks would agree its none of the governments business. McCain and Palin will MAKE it the governments business. I think the results will not be to the liking of many.

KC666

Obsessive-compulsive much?

Abortion is a touchy subject.

This topic can be thrown around.

If a women is pregrant and she gets murder, then the person that is charged for a double murder(1 - Women, 1 - Unborn Child).

But if the women is pregrant and has an abortion is doesnt count as a murder

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?!?!?! No matter what an unborn child is being murdered.

If a women is pregrant and she gets murder, then the person that is charged for a double murder(1 - Women, 1 - Unborn Child).

There ain't no choice in murder by definition.

Please stop the name calling on BOTH sides!

I think this thread was started to just get folks fired up. It has accomplised that. There really is NO debating this subject. Abortion is between you and YOUR God! I really dont care what others think and this kind of thread just stirs the pot. I dont think Mccain or Palin have EVER said that we are going to strap women to a table and make them birth those babies?

Im not closing this thread, but if folks keep up the name calling and insults I will.

Play nice!!

I sure hope this all ends tomorrow night!

MM

Yes, everyone has their own take on it., but thats not the topic of this thread. Thats an attempt to confuse the issue.

Whether you agree with abortion or not, the alternative to legal abortion is FORCING women to give birth. I dont think its for anyone to impose that on another citizen. One supreme court appointee by McCain Palin and this will come to pass and for a long long time.

Only one comment about if a woman doesnt want to have kids, or wants to wait. No opinions? Birth control is FAR from 100% effective. Should women never have sex then?

I suppose NONE of you have had sex out of weddlock, or just for fun? Never? Because if you have you are taking a position that you have not been able to live up to in your own life.

KC666

Yes, everyone has their own take on it., but thats not the topic of this thread. Thats an attempt to confuse the issue.

Whether you agree with abortion or not, the alternative to legal abortion is FORCING women to give birth. I dont think its for anyone to impose that on another citizen. One supreme court appointee by McCain Palin and this will come to pass and for a long long time.

Only one comment about if a woman doesnt want to have kids, or wants to wait. No opinions? Birth control is FAR from 100% effective. Should women never have sex then?

I suppose NONE of you have had sex out of weddlock, or just for fun? Never? Because if you have you are taking a position that you have not been able to live up to in your own life.

KC666

You ask questions and then do not check for answers. WTF? :headscratch:

Child molestation, rape, murder, etc, are "values" that are legislated. According to you that's wrong?

Wow. Didn't think I'd need to spell that one out. Did you not read the paragraph?

You have the right to do whatever you want until you infringe upon the rights of others. Obviously a rapist is infringing on the rights of the one being raped. Obviously a murderer is infringing on the rights of the one being murdered. You can take it to smoking, too. A smoker has every right to smoke, until they infringe on others right to fresh air. Which is why smoking will end up outdoors only - though even there one runs a gauntlet of smoke just walking into a building.

This has nothing to do with "values" that are legislated. Though there are those who may try to conveniently claim it to be. These laws are put there to protect victims rights. The right to choose who one mates with. The right to life. Of course, some will say - aha! the fetus has this right - though again - we need to draw the line somewhere. a fetus has rights at the time of their birth - their birth rights.

Look poverty breeds poverty. Crime breeds crime. Kids are having kids. Unwanted kids. It's not so easy to say just give it up for adoption.

The very people who want to save these fetuses are the ones that want to forget about them once they're born. That is so hypocritical. And they feel they have the moral high ground.

You got it. They don't want to teach sex to kids - and they're surprised at the results? Abstinence only is just plain ignorance.

You got it. They don't want to teach sex to kids - and they're surprised at the results? Abstinence only is just plain ignorance.

When do we start, who should be teaching them? When does the birth right start. You have your opinions, they are probably not the same as mine. Yours are law right now and thats a fact. If we all take a this is the truth attitude, we will never do what I think we all would like to do, reduce abortion. Abstinence is not ignorant. It is the only 100% way to avoid not only pregnancy but the spread of STD's. That does not mean the rest should not be taught also

KC666

And ban books, and burn books. And speak of overly nationalistic and militaristic pride? And speak poorly of 'the liberal media'. And speak poorly of liberal academia on our college campuses? And speak of being "pure 100% American" and "I don't want to hear about any -American". I didn't even like the term Homeland when it came to DHS. Sounded a little too close to the 'motherland' or the 'fatherland'.

Do people even hear themselves - and hear how much this sounds from not so long ago? We fought a war over this. It's been said - history is doomed to repeat itself. It's happening here - and it's happening now. We have a chance to stop the process.

Please stop the name calling on BOTH sides!

I think this thread was started to just get folks fired up. It has accomplised that. There really is NO debating this subject. Abortion is between you and YOUR God! I really dont care what others think and this kind of thread just stirs the pot. I dont think Mccain or Palin have EVER said that we are going to strap women to a table and make them birth those babies?

Im not closing this thread, but if folks keep up the name calling and insults I will.

Play nice!!

I sure hope this all ends tomorrow night!

MM

Hi Micheal,

The topic is NOT whether abortion is right or wrong, but whether you want a woman to be stripped of her right to make the descision. Others have taken it in different directions to undermine the actual topic.

I want people to realize there is more at stake in this election than taxes and joe the plumber. Not trying to make anyone mad, just trying to get people to stop shouting rhetoric and think about what they might be throwing away.

I know many think they are standing up for whats right, but sometimes the right thing isn't that obvious. Sometimes what is right seems wrong, but it is better than a greater wrong.

Woman have rights and they should be respected. Even if you dont agree with abortion, to force them to give birth I think its wrong. All the alternatives to legal abortion are worse.

Are they saving the unborn. Maybe, but at what cost?

As I said in another thread, I will not be posting after Tuesday about politics, win or lose. I really didnt want to keep this going but others did, so I am more than happy to oblige.

KC666

When do we start, who should be teaching them? When does the birth right start. You have your opinions, they are probably not the same as mine. Yours are law right now and thats a fact. If we all take a this is the truth attitude, we will never do what I think we all would like to do, reduce abortion. Abstinence is not ignorant. It is the only 100% way to avoid not only pregnancy but the spread of STD's. That does not mean the rest should not be taught also

Abstinence is ignorant, because it ignores human nature. We will have sex. Period. We need to be smarter about it. That comes from teaching.

Archived