TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Enrollment Fee for GT500

ShelbyDude

I just got notice from Ford today on the 2010 - 2011 GT500.

There will be a $2,000 enrollment fee to sign up and get allocation for the 2010 and 2011 model year GT500!!!

It is going to be billed $1,000 for each model year. This is not per car, just for the model year regardless of how many GT500's you might get.

Every dealer that signs up to participate will get at least ONE car and the rest will be based on share of nation mustang sales.

They do not say how many they are building, but only that it is limited. I suspect limited to 10K or so like the 2007 was, but I do not know for sure.

I am surprised they are still going to charge this fee going into a fourth and fifth year of production!

I wonder how many dealers might choose NOT to enroll this time with the way the economy has been?

Guest markham51
I just got notice from Ford today on the 2010 - 2011 GT500.

There will be a $2,000 enrollment fee to sign up and get allocation for the 2010 and 2011 model year GT500!!!

It is going to be billed $1,000 for each model year. This is not per car, just for the model year regardless of how many GT500's you might get.

Every dealer that signs up to participate will get at least ONE car and the rest will be based on share of nation mustang sales.

They do not say how many they are building, but only that it is limited. I suspect limited to 10K or so like the 2007 was, but I do not know for sure.

I am surprised they are still going to charge this fee going into a fourth and fifth year of production!

I wonder how many dealers might choose NOT to enroll this time with the way the economy has been?

Sounds like redistribution of wealth to me! :hysterical:

Seriously,

Do you have to be an SVT dealer or can anyone get GT500s just by paying the cash?

Seriously,

Do you have to be an SVT dealer or can anyone get GT500s just by paying the cash?

Any dealer can pay the $2k and get at least ONE car. I have been selling some of the GT500s cheap just to build allocation, but Ford doesnt see it the same way.

MM

Seriously,

Basically there are no more SVT dealers. Those that were are basically former SVT dealers. Ford did away with the program which I believe 2004 was the last year.

Any dealer can enroll as long as they meet the certification required which basically means they need at least one sales person certified which basically requires passing a product knowledge test of about 25 - 50 questions with multiple choice answers that you can look up if you don't know the answer.

Seriously,

SVT dealers still exist in Canada only. As SD said, it has disappeared in the US. I remember seing a copy of a letter from Ford to US dealers that made it to the internet. If I remember correctly, the notion of SVT dealers was scrapped prior to the first GT500s being allocated in '06.

Any dealer can pay the $2k and get at least ONE car. I have been selling some of the GT500s cheap just to build allocation, but Ford doesnt see it the same way.

MM

The way Ford "sees" things is so "obscure" that they have driven the company to teh brink of bankrupcy!

Why place roadblocks, why not be happy that they have acar people want and just sell them, after all, they provide no incentives on this car......isn't that in itself a good deal?

BTW....you might want to update the title from 2007 - 2009 GT500 to 2007 - 2011 GT500!

Good idea, But IMO I don't think it should get mixed in with the 2007-2009 GT500 Forum since the cars are different body style and engine changes.

I have notified Robert and Sharon and made the request.

With more and more dealer going out of business because of the economy, I think the surviving dealers will have larger allocations. I agree that Ford should not ask for the enrollment fee. It sounds like the certification test is flawed. No wonder there are so many sales people out there that are clueless on this car. One of the dealers that I placed an order with told me that the GT500 goes to SAI before they get it. I had to laugh and ended up buying elsewhere.

With more and more dealer going out of business because of the economy, I think the surviving dealers will have larger allocations. I agree that Ford should not ask for the enrollment fee. It sounds like the certification test is flawed. No wonder there are so many sales people out there that are clueless on this car. One of the dealers that I placed an order with told me that the GT500 goes to SAI before they get it. I had to laugh and ended up buying elsewhere.

It's possible the reason the dealer said it goes to SAI is because their Ford rep told them that! Our Ford rep tried to tell me this! LOL I had to argue with him about this and educate him on what Shelbys went to SAI and which did not! He still seemed confused on the issue! LOL

As for why most sales people don't know anything, that is mostly due to the fact most dealers only got one car to sell and most were presold before they ever got one, so what is the point on learning about something you will likely never get or see and most likely never have a chance of selling one anyway?

Ford requires only one sales person to be certified! For the 2007 model year they required two to be certified.

With the high rate of turn over with sales people in most dealerships throughout the country, most sales people don't last long enough to learn about the basic cars they would sell on a daily basis muchless learning about one they will never be able to sell.

Not making excuses for it, just stating the way it is.

It's possible the reason the dealer said it goes to SAI is because their Ford rep told them that! Our Ford rep tried to tell me this! LOL I had to argue with him about this and educate him on what Shelbys went to SAI and which did not! He still seemed confused on the issue! LOL

As for why most sales people don't know anything, that is mostly due to the fact most dealers only got one car to sell and most were presold before they ever got one, so what is the point on learning about something you will likely never get or see and most likely never have a chance of selling one anyway?

Ford requires only one sales person to be certified! For the 2007 model year they required two to be certified.

With the high rate of turn over with sales people in most dealerships throughout the country, most sales people don't last long enough to learn about the basic cars they would sell on a daily basis muchless learning about one they will never be able to sell.

Not making excuses for it, just stating the way it is.

I agree with you SD. I forgot about the rep thing not being as educated as they should. If I were to be a successful sale person, I would like to be as educated as you are. I have had sale people out there not even give me and education about all the options of the car before I drove off. This has been a while ago though before I started using my existing dealer.

The test to be cetified are pretty easy if you know the product. I visit my sales guy just about every week, he takes the test, reviews the nubies test and does a little training on the side with the newbies. Their new sales manager was trying to get involved with the car I ordered and turns out he thought it would come via Las Vegas as well. I started to correct him and he interupted me with telling me he was the expert.....my sales guy told him he had better learn who he was talking to prior to jumping in like that.....I had passed the "test" for sales rep for the entire Mustang line and had taught him a couple of things.

Purpose of the above is to say the product info books for each model Ford sells are very comprehensive and the test comes straight from the book including the "sales talking points". There is no reason for a sales person to not know their product providing they use their "down" time properly. I have in the past not bought a car at a dealership in Norfolk, VA because the salesman did not know his product (85 Thunderbird), the second dealership (Beach Ford) had it nailed down (A lady sales rep who moved on to upper level sales at a different dealer) and did give me a better price without blowing warn air up my skirt! Ended up buying two move vehicles from her prior to retiring from the Navy.

Thanks guys!

So are you saying there is a new engine coming in 2011? What is it going to be?

We saw the 5.0 Aluminum block & the 5.7 new engine when we toured the Romeo plant.

Maybe a 5.0 G.T 350 s/c or 5.7 G.t 500 ??????????????????????????

Im pretty sure an Al 5.0 with blower at about 550hp but lighter weight

I guess were all going to be very jealous, we shall see

I doubt it will be an Al block and I dont think at 5.0L it will make much more power if any mod for mod because you cant argue with cubes but Im sure the blower will be improved over ours, just like ours was to the Terms

Oh well, by 2011, we will all have Whipples and TVSs by then anyway :D

just a thought. u think there are still people out there that want to buy our cars? i figure the ones that really want one have one already.

does ford really think regular people (not shelby/mustang purists) would spend $45-$50k on a mustang? and year after year?

We're signed up for 10/11 GT500's at our dealership. The owner really seemed concerned about paying the $2K fee as times are tough, but I reminded him that we've never lost money selling a GT500 so he signed the enrollment and I faxed it off to Ford.

I'm thrilled that Ford still sees fit to offer a 500hp Mustang for sale in spite of all the pressure to meet the upcoming 35mpg mandates from the EPA. I can't imagine living through another period like the mid '70's to the mid '80's when "fast" meant stickers & scoops on a car that could barely run the 1/4 mile in 15 seconds.

On a powertrain note, my "connection" within Ford tells me that 2010 is a carryover year for powertrains across the Mustang line up. The current 5.4L in the GT500 could be brought up to KR specs, much like the 2010 Mustang GT will likely feature the FRPP CAI & calibration from the 08/09 Bullitt for a bump in HP specs.

2011 could be the introduction of a powertrain change in the GT500. The all-new 6.2L "Premium" V8 debuts at Job 2 for the 2010 SVT Raptor F-150, so it's possible that the rumored smaller version of the "Premium" V8 (5.7L or 5.8L?) could be available for the 2011 GT500.

I've never understood the lack of training of salesman in dealerships. Part of the overall industry problem? What do you think SD?

Most Gt500's sit in the showrooms for months and the salespeople trip over them. Over time they can't help but ask WTF these cars are.Thats the training program in a nut shell for most .

Archived