TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 - The Exact date the new flywheel started going in

Grabber

Grabber,

Could you ask the little Birdie to check my cars build date please...

Door Jam says 09/08 :dance:

VIN# 1ZVHT88S395133671

It goes in for it's first oil change Saturday so I would like to be able to "Talk" to them if the Birdie tells me that I will have a problem "Down the road"

Cheers Mate..!

Grabber,

Could you ask the little Birdie to check my cars build date please...

Door Jam says 09/08 :dance:

VIN# 1ZVHT88S395133671

It goes in for it's first oil change Saturday so I would like to be able to "Talk" to them if the Birdie tells me that I will have a problem "Down the road"

Cheers Mate..!

You made it.happy%20feet.gif

Build date: 09/05/2008

Hey Grabber, My sticker says 8/13/08. My vin is 1ZVHT88S195131286. Can you help out??

BUILD DATE

08/21/2008

According to the research in post #1...you should be good.

However....it would be good to take a look thru the hole that I have posted in Post #1 and verify.

I'm sure your good.

Edited by Grabber

• 2 weeks later...
Not that I think it would help, but maybe we should circulate a petition to Ford requesting that they either extend the TSB or put out a recall. If enough people sign it, maybe it will at least open their eyes! Especially considering that most or us only put very little mileage on the car. It would be really nice if Mr. Shelby was the first signer considering his name is on the car. Just a thought.

I could'nt agree more. This is a big issue for a guy like me that will probably only put 1500 miles a year on it. Additionally, I'm retired now so don't even have to drive in rush hour traffic for work anymore, so its doubtful I will have the problem. The cost of this repair after the warranty expires will hurt my resale value big time if it does not get replaced before then. I'd hate to have to sell now it to avoid the issue and spend up to get into a newer model or spend down and get a Camaro coupe.

wow that was fast thanks. so miss it by a week :cry::cry::cry: Grabber should i buy even though it has the old style flywheel?

You have to make an informed decision. I'm helping inform you.

The decision is yours.

Hi,i'm new here.I picked mine up last month. love the car.I saw this and was saying oh no not again.I had an 07 350z nismo that had a similar problem.I notice than when i let out the clutch slowly it has chatter(feels almost like wheel hop).My vin# is:1ZVHT88S495136885 and on the inside of the door is says mfg:10/08.Just curious because my number is lower than the fellow that was 09/08 and he had the older flywheel,Anyway Greetings and Thanks.

Hi,i'm new here.I picked mine up last month. love the car.I saw this and was saying oh no not again.I had an 07 350z nismo that had a similar problem.I notice than when i let out the clutch slowly it has chatter(feels almost like wheel hop).My vin# is:1ZVHT88S495136885 and on the inside of the door is says mfg:10/08.Just curious because my number is lower than the fellow that was 09/08 and he had the older flywheel,Anyway Greetings and Thanks.

Birdie says you have all the good parts. :)

BUILD DATE

10/15/2008

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my 2009 Vista Blue Shelby on 14July2009 with 50mile on the odometer

VIN#1ZVHT88S195145561

DATE ON DOOR 12/08

4th Gear Grind..I get 4th Gear Grind a higher speed and try to push the clutch all the way down and put it in gear slowly and still get a grind. Could this be cause of the TSB?

Thanks for your help..

Edited by wickedstangs

I just got my 2009 Vista Blue Shelby on 14July2009 with 50mile on the odometer

VIN#1ZVHT88S195145561

DATE ON DOOR 12/08

4th Gear Grind..I get 4th Gear Grind a higher speed and try to push the clutch all the way down and put it in gear slowly and still get a grind. Could this be cause of the TSB?

Thanks for your help..

That's odd that your having a problem.

What did the dealer say ?

That's odd that your having a problem.

What did the dealer say ?

I got a call from the dealership and they told me that the issue with my car did not fall inline with the dates for the TSB. The dealer said "were not going to try and replace parts".. They began to tell me that they are going to make it right and order an entire assembly due to the issue being a factory fault. The dealer said they are replacing everything new. I was like wow.. They said that with such a low milage car even if I was burning out on purpose it still should not be be broken the way it is. The car would not go into 4th gear. All other gear are fine. Also, in first gear on a roll it makes a very loud noise as if the tranny is going to blow up:). It only has 66 miles on it.. Never test drove just bought it with 55 miles on the odometer.

Edited by wickedstangs

I bet you that the trucker that loaded this car onto the transport truck fried the clutch. He most likely slipped it so bad that he ruined it. If he had to take the car off the truck a couple times to make other deliverys then it got a real work out. The first time these clutches are used is by the trucker going up a steep ramp to load the car. They slip the livin piss out of them. The Shelbys have to be on the last spot on the truck so if the trucker has to make a few other stops to deliver cars to other dealerships...then your clutch gets a beating because he has to take it off the truck a few times and then load it back up a few times.

The clutch should not be broke in by a trucker slipping it to load the car....but it happens.

Sorry to hear of your problems. I hope they buy you a new tranny too.

Edited by Grabber

I bet you that the trucker that loaded this car onto the transport truck fried the clutch. He most likely slipped it so bad that he ruined it. If he had to take the car off the truck a couple times to make other deliverys then it got a real work out. The first time these clutches are used is by the trucker going up a steep ramp to load the car. They slip the livin piss out of them. The Shelbys have to be on the last spot on the truck so if the trucker has to make a few other stops to deliver cars to other dealerships...then your clutch gets a beating because he has to take it off the truck a few times and then load it back up a few times.

The clutch should not be broke in by a trucker slipping it to load the car....but it happens.

Sorry to hear of your problems. I hope they buy you a new tranny too.

He did say they are replacing the new tranny.. And what you just said explained to me is the reason for my due bill.. The both rear tires are shreaded real bad.. I told them I did not want the car unless they replace both rear tires..

Edited by wickedstangs

He did say they are replacing the new tranny.. And what you just said explained to me is the reason for my due bill.. The both rear tires are shreaded real bad.. I told them I did not want the car unless they replace both rear tires..

The trucker shreaded the tires on the grated ramps as he slipped and fried the clutch....multiple times.

That sucks.

I just hope I don't have a lemon after all the new installed parts... :banghead:

As long as they put in a new tranny, clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing and use the teflon lube on the inputshaft splines.......you will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
The trucker shreaded the tires on the grated ramps as he slipped and fried the clutch....multiple times.

That sucks.

UPDATE: Well they replace the Transmission/Clutch and the dealer also replaced both rear tires and installed FRPP short throw shifter since the tranny was out already for me. I get a call and pick up the car and drive it off the lot and I feel this rear bad vibration from the rear at about 5-10 mph. Took it back in and they find the Driveshaft is mess up too. Bought my car on the 14July09 and has been in the shop about 2 weeks now. lol But, I do have to say the Tranny with the Short Throw felt very nice.... Man they really did a number on this car...

UPDATE: Well they replace the Transmission/Clutch and the dealer also replaced both rear tires and installed FRPP short throw shifter since the tranny was out already for me. I get a call and pick up the car and drive it off the lot and I feel this rear bad vibration from the rear at about 5-10 mph. Took it back in and they find the Driveshaft is mess up too. Bought my car on the 14July09 and has been in the shop about 2 weeks now. lol But, I do have to say the Tranny with the Short Throw felt very nice.... Man they really did a number on this car...

Sounds like they did not put the drive shaft correctly. :headscratch:

Got a call yesterday and was told that they put the new drive shaft in and the vibration in the rear is gone. He also said that they had to order shims for the driveshaft. Do these driveshafts require shims?

I watched them take mine out. I did not see any shims. The Tech put some marks on it so he could put it back in the same spot.

While mine was out, I sanded it and painted it in the dealers parking lot. The Tech thought that was a great idea, but some of the salesmen thought I was strange. :)

Shifterinstall002.jpg

Shifterinstall003.jpg

Shifterinstall015.jpg

Shifterinstall016.jpg

Shifterinstall019.jpg

Shifterinstall020.jpg

Shifterinstall021.jpg

Shifterinstall022.jpg

Shifterinstall025.jpg

Shifterinstall028.jpg

I watched them take mine out. I did not see any shims. The Tech put some marks on it so he could put it back in the same spot.

While mine was out, I sanded it and painted it in the dealers parking lot. The Tech thought that was a great idea, but some of the salesmen thought I was strange. :)

wow that is awesome... I should have done that..

Well I got the car back yesturday and now I am completely happy ride very nice and shifts good...

Hi Grabber,

I'm very close to buying 2009 GT500KR, VIN 1ZVHT88S695141604.

Would you kindly ask your magic birdie about its build date?

And by the way, thanks hugely for your many gracious and invaluable responses throughout this Forum!

Michael

Hi Grabber,

I'm very close to buying 2009 GT500KR, VIN 1ZVHT88S695141604.

Would you kindly ask your magic birdie about its build date?

And by the way, thanks hugely for your many gracious and invaluable responses throughout this Forum!

Michael

If your getting a great deal....go for it. :)

BUILD DATE: 10/17/2008 happy%20feet.gif

Grabber - thank you for directing me to this thread. I've read the entire 12 pages. I really appreciate all the time and effort you put in to create all the information contained.

I checked my door jamb and it was manufactured 7/08 so it looks as though my car is effected by the TSB as well. Would it be too much to ask you to check my build date please? That is, if the little birdie is available. :lol: 1ZVHT88S795124519 I bought it new 3 weeks ago so it appears as though it sat for about a year before I purchased it. (I guess I'm one of the few fans of the black/red GT Appearance Pkg). :lol:

I've got 721 miles on it now. It was trucked over to AZ from CA so it's probably had the clutch abused a bit by being loaded at least twice. Most of the miles have been from my commute and although not bad, lots of clutch use in the heavier traffic areas. I've done no wide open throttle runs with it as I wanted to get at least a 1000 miles on it before experiencing WOT. Plus I'm almost 50 now and have learned to play at the track rather than the streets. I competitively drag race my 02 Lightning and wanted the Shelby for the road courses.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow and let them know I'm experiencing some issues with clutch chatter and hard shifting on ocassions into 2nd. I'll use the information you posted when describing the problems. Thanks again - greatly appreciated! :beerchug: