TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 - The Exact date the new flywheel started going in

Grabber

With a build date of 08/20/2008 you will need to keep a close eye on your clutch. Per Ford's TSB - All GT500's built prior to 9/1/08 could have this problem.

Thanks for the help. I just have to decide whether to change the fly wheel on my own dime. I have the ability and the tools it will only cost me parts. Or wait and hope I don't mess up my transmission.

Sorry a dumb question but how do you check the build date ?

Thanks In advance

Ask your dealer for an HVBoM (Historical Vehicle Bill of Materials). This is about a 30 page report showing the parts used to build the car. The last page will show the build date. I'm guessing your's will be be the same, or just a bit later than mine.

Sorry a dumb question but how do you check the build date ?

Thanks In advance

The door jamb will list the build month. What does that say?

The dealer does not have to pull the 30 page report to get the build date. All he has to do is look on the first page of the OASIS report.

The door jamb will list the build month. What does that say?

The dealer does not have to pull the 30 page report to get the build date. All he has to do is look on the first page of the OASIS report.

The door jamb says 10/08. I'll also check with the dealer. My car is showing the symptoms of the clutch drag issue - hard to engage 1st & reverse gear.

Could this be anything else ? Done less then 200 miles. I'll also do the flywheel check under the car as described in this very helpful post.

My issue is the car is here in the UK - so will have fun trying to sort if indeed it is the clutch / flywheel issue.

Thanks for your fast responses.

The door jamb says 10/08. I'll also check with the dealer. My car is showing the symptoms of the clutch drag issue - hard to engage 1st & reverse gear.

Could this be anything else ? Done less then 200 miles. I'll also do the flywheel check under the car as described in this very helpful post.

My issue is the car is here in the UK - so will have fun trying to sort if indeed it is the clutch / flywheel issue.

Thanks for your fast responses.

Maybe birdie can help.

The little birdie was available to run your VIN.

Good news my friend.

Build Date: 10/10/2008

Thank you dear boy, the little birdie was indeed very helpful and quick !

So any other ideas as to what it could be, do I try to drive through it or see if there is any cable adjustment possible ?

I have the Mustang Owner's Club of Great Britain's 45 anniversary celebrations coming up so you can imagine my concern. We have track time at Mallory Park so want everything to be perfect.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Best Regards

There is no adjusment in the cable. Maybe you have some air in your line.

Try this.

Before you start your car pump the brake pedal 3-6 times. Then pump the clutch pedal 10-15 times. Then start the car up and drive it. Do this the next 6 times you drive the car. If you have some air in the lines...this will work it out.

There is no adjusment in the cable. Maybe you have some air in your line.

Try this.

Before you start your car pump the brake pedal 3-6 times. Then pump the clutch pedal 10-15 times. Then start the car up and drive it. Do this the next 6 times you drive the car. If you have some air in the lines...this will work it out.

Once again thanks so much for your advice. I'll give it a go tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

Kind Regards

Edited by JerseySandy

Once again thanks so much for your advice. I'll give it a go tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

Kind Regards

No problem.

These cars have a CSC (Concentric Slave Cylinder). It's what we used to call a "throw out bearing". Anyways if there is air in the line that operates the CSC...then you could have problems. The brake fluid master cylinder is tied into the clutch system as well so that is why I want you to pump it too.

Edited by Grabber

Hi ! Looking for an -09 and have found a car with serial no: 95132867. Can anyone help me with an OASIS on this car to verify if it has the new clutch/flywheel? /Thanks, Jonas

The little birdie says you have the good parts my friend:

BUILD DATE:

09/02/2008

No problem.

These cars have a CSC (Concentric Slave Cylinder). It's what we used to call a "throw out bearing". Anyways if there is air in the line that operates the CSC...then you could have problems. The brake fluid master cylinder is tied into the clutch system as well so that is why I want you to pump it too.

OK checked under the car, looked for the tranny inspection slit and actually there is also a grommet which we removed and triple checked the car has the new flywheel - which it does. Obviously ties into the research done by Grabber on this thread relating to the change over date and the fact by car has a build date of October 10 2008.

We've tried to pump the brake pedal and clutch as you say, but still very very difficult to engage 1st and reverse at standstill. The car wasn't like this at 100 miles - very smooth.

So with the symptoms of no hiss when clutch depressed or lifted, but hiss when a gear is selected and tried to be put into gear, very very difficult to engage 1st and reverse at standstill, notchy, difficult gear changes otherwise and car creeps forward when you start it in first, with foot on the clutch what is the next step ?

Is there a sure way to bleed the clutch ? We just want to make absolutely sure we can take any air out.

Hos does the bleed system work and how can we try to bleed any air out of it ?

Your help and advice as always very much appreciated.

With Best Regards

Not that I think it would help, but maybe we should circulate a petition to Ford requesting that they either extend the TSB or put out a recall. If enough people sign it, maybe it will at least open their eyes! Especially considering that most or us only put very little mileage on the car. It would be really nice if Mr. Shelby was the first signer considering his name is on the car. Just a thought.

Hi Grabber My 09 Cobra door sill says it was built 09/08 and my vin# is 1ZVHT88S395134660 to see if i have the new fly wheel/cluttch.....many thanks.....Cobra comrade...

Your good dude. :happy feet:

BUILD DATE

09/12/2008

Your good dude. :happy feet:

BUILD DATE

09/12/2008

Well thanks again Grabber.For this and all of your other helpful,thoughtful and unselfish posts... the ones with photos are awesome.....My blk/red stipes cobra came to me in Indy from Paducah KY. off their showroom floor as it was the only available one new, in that color scheme within a 600 mile dealer radius of Indy....I am in love............

Not that I think it would help, but maybe we should circulate a petition to Ford requesting that they either extend the TSB or put out a recall. If enough people sign it, maybe it will at least open their eyes! Especially considering that most or us only put very little mileage on the car. It would be really nice if Mr. Shelby was the first signer considering his name is on the car. Just a thought.

i Very much agree with that.

Hi Grabber...

I recently posted that my build date was 8/27 from my window sticker but I noticed that my door sticker was different. This one says 09/08.

Take a look

65.jpg

Not sure what to look at now since some people are telling me that my build date was on my window sticker...

Can you confirm?

Thanks

Greg

Hi Grabber...

I recently posted that my build date was 8/27 from my window sticker but I noticed that my door sticker was different. This one says 09/08.

Take a look

65.jpg

Not sure what to look at now since some people are telling me that my build date was on my window sticker...

Can you confirm?

Thanks

Greg

The window sticker date is the date the window sticker was printed. Example is mine says 1/8/07. It's a week off because they are printed a week early. Look at my signature for my true build date.