TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang Show

HORSBYT

This is the first time I have seen Jim's car sence BD bash he did a great job on his car, I didnt dyno mine on the machine, because I dont want to know, GTR knows but I ask them not to tell me, I let cliff dyno mine on the street on the way to In & Out

The red GT 500 and Clark17 ran on the dyno. I'll let them elaborate on #'s! :)

If I could figure out how to put a color PDF file in this post I would show you the print out. They did three pulls in rapid sucession on a Dynojet.

#1 Pull: 419.21 trq and 438.78 rwhp

#2 Pull: 410.20 trq and 436.11 rwhp

#3 Pull: 417.54 trq and 429.94 rwhp

Conditions were 80 degrees F, 7-8% humidity @ 1,200 feel altitude (got that from the town's web site).

On September 20, 2008, on a different brand dyno, I did two pulls but could only find the print out on this one:

453 trq, 447 rwhp @ 67 degrees F, 75% humidity @ sea level.

There were no changes to the car in between September 20, 2008, and October 16, 2008. Those more experienced than am I can opin of how temperature and humidity affect the dyno numbers.

What I noticed was that my car had the tightest numbers between pulls (I did not see everyone's numbers), meaning (to me anyway) that the KB intercooler was doing its job.

Finally, the centrifugal supercharges had a much bigger spead between the torque and horsepower numbers than did the positive displacement units. I am not sure why that is.

Jim

Ha Cliff;

Thank's for posting the picks.....Good to meet you guys and had a great time........

Also thanks for posting the top 5 dyno runs??????????? :hysterical:

At least I can pretend...............

Think my car looks better with Nicole standing beside???????????? :happy feet:

Team Shelby members are first class...............

Oh ya Jim;

We should of stayed to the end as I think Rick got our awards????????? :hysterical:

If I could figure out how to put a color PDF file in this post I would show you the print out. They did three pulls in rapid sucession on a Dynojet.

#1 Pull: 419.21 trq and 438.78 rwhp

#2 Pull: 410.20 trq and 436.11 rwhp

#3 Pull: 417.54 trq and 429.94 rwhp

Conditions were 80 degrees F, 7-8% humidity @ 1,200 feel altitude (got that from the town's web site).

On September 20, 2008, on a different brand dyno, I did two pulls but could only find the print out on this one:

453 trq, 447 rwhp @ 67 degrees F, 75% humidity @ sea level.

There were no changes to the car in between September 20, 2008, and October 16, 2008. Those more experienced than am I can opin of how temperature and humidity affect the dyno numbers.

What I noticed was that my car had the tightest numbers between pulls (I did not see everyone's numbers), meaning (to me anyway) that the KB intercooler was doing its job.

Finally, the centrifical supercharges had a much bigger spead between the torque and horsepower numbers than did the positive displacement units. I am not sure why that is.

Jim

thanks for posting Jim. Some very nice numbers! Craig

This is the first time I have seen Jim's car sence BD bash he did a great job on his car, I didnt dyno mine on the machine, because I dont want to know, GTR knows but I ask them not to tell me, I let cliff dyno mine on the street on the way to In & Out

Ha, ya I was impressed all the way around how solid, tight and stout your car performed. I enjoyed everyone's cars and picked up on different things with almost all of them.

I don't know if you guys saw me talking to the guy with the red 5.0 who was peddling the Adam's Waxes, but he said Adam's Waxes hold a 1x a month detail training. He says you show up and can use any of their products, polishers/buffers etc and you get a discounted rate on product. Thought I'd pass it along if anyone is interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived