TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Two Arrested For Hanging Obama Effigy

Well, well, well. That didn't take long, did it.

Hang Palin in effigy and receive gushing endorsements from liberal old media, etc. "Freedom of speech", they lecture at us.

HOWEVER!! Do it to The Most Merciful.....Dear Leader...The Chosen One and...Well, THAT's not funny. That's an arrest

There's no freedom of speech issue here!! How could there be? It's a hate crime!!

It's funny because the tired liberal old media's double standard on EVERYTHING is SOOO predictable!!

:hysterical::hysterical:

Yap!! dem Rule #1:"It's only OK when WE do it!!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/111...ama_effigy.html

There's a difference????

Well, you may be right. One is of a white female and one is of a inter-racial male. Both were supposedly holloween pranks.

Yeah, I can see the difference now!

Ok, you're right! You caught um! Yes, the police and courts and laws are against McCain and driking Obamalaid now too!!! :wacko:

If you don't see the difference, then you do have a problem.

Hate crimes (also known as bias motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, gender identity, or political affiliation.

Hanging Palin or Obama... show the difference based on the above.

I dont know why I read these things. Theres is NO difference! I agree with Keith. Theres the law show me the difference. " Well obama is a black guy and they are hanging from a tree!" NOT a person alive TODAY was ever a SLAVE! So lets move on from that crap.

Yes in the south white did some horrible things to the blacks. We all know there is NO excuse for what happens 50 YEARS AGO, but until we as a country move on and STOP the -american crap there will always be seperation. When you -american you are SEPERATING from just plain old americans. Yes they are still plenty of white folks that are racist, but they are just as many if not MORE black folks that are racist. It goes BOTH ways. Its time to move on folks and make this one AMERICA!

Just think after Tuesday all this crap will be over with YEA!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

MM

Just another garbage post designed to promote hatred.

They allegedly stole the materials...they should pay the consequences if they did.

The hatred part starts with the news artical by bringing racism into this.

Stealing materials does not equate to racisim.

Breaking laws is breaking laws and for that they deserve to be arrested. But bringing racism into this by the media is where the hatred part begins.

QUOTE (GT500FLYBOY @ Oct 30 2008, 06:44 PM)

JeffIsHereToo

+1

These responses simply validate your point above jaydub!!!!!!!!! Truly unbelievable.

Actually, I think its the other way around. If you see a difference, then you are saying that Palin and Obama are different somehow...right? I mean, aren't liberals and democrats the ones who hold themselves out as being the fair and equal ones? But...in this case, somehow, its not equal. Palin effigy = hand slap, Obama effigy = jail. How is that "equality"? These people are, simply, hypocrites.

Actually, I think its the other way around. If you see a difference, then you are saying that Palin and Obama are different somehow...right? I mean, aren't liberals and democrats the ones who hold themselves out as being the fair and equal ones? But...in this case, somehow, its not equal. Palin effigy = hand slap, Obama effigy = jail. How is that "equality"? These people are, simply, hypocrites.

I think that's well put.

We can all "see" the part about Black/White Male/Female Democrat/Republican.

However, if you believe that somebody on one side or the other (it doesn't matter which side) is to be treated differently under the law, then you are the one whose values are questionable. They put a blindfold on the statue of "Justice" as a reminder that those types of differences are not to be seen, and justice is to be dispensed on merit.

THIS is what they were arrested for.

The two suspects have been identified as Hunter Bush and Joe Fischer. They're charged with disorderly Conduct 2nd, Burglary 2nd, and theft by unlawful taking. Fischer is a UK student. Does anyone see anything about being arrested for a Federal hate crime? No? Neither do I.

By the way, has anyone Googled "Obama effigy"? NUMERIOUS HITS on that subject. In fact an Ohio resident and declaired racist by the name of Mike Lundsford had a video clip of his Obama effigy hanging from a tree in front of his house, and YouTube took it down because it was in violation of their TOS.

Google "Palin effigy" and all you get is the F'in moron in West Hollywood CA, who by the way finally saw the light and took the Palin effigy down after the Mayor stopped by and had a word or two with the idiot.

And here's another winner:

REDONDO BEACH — A lynched effigy of Democratic candidate Barack Obama came down here after police officers and a representative from John McCain's local campaign office paid a visit to the resident and convinced her to take it down, according to authorities.

Emotions stirred in a Redondo Beach neighborhood Wednesday when the resident hung an effigy of Sen. Barack Obama from her balcony with a meat cleaver slashed through his throat as a Halloween display.

The figure outside Lisa Castaneda's house north of 190th Street is a likeness of the Democratic presidential candidate with his necktie pulled tight and hung from a post, his jacket covered with blood and a sign in red that reads, "Nobama.".....

Castaneda said she supports the Republican candidate, Sen. John McCain. She said the Obama effigy simply makes a statement that he is not fit to be president.

"I disapprove of him, period," she said. "I am appalled by a man who is so close to being our president who won't put his hand on the Bible, who won't wear a flag pin."

"I just made the Nobama sign," she said. "My intention is really a statement on how I am obviously for McCain."

Castaneda recently forwarded an anti-Obama e-mail to some neighbors, including Obama supporters.

"What does Obama prefer to read?" the message asks. "He is reading 'The Post-American World.' It is Muslim's (sic) view on the fall and collapse of the United States as a Super Power. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!"

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. A MEAT CLEVER SLASHED THROUGH THE THROAT???!!!!

Jerkoff's like these folks only serve to drive people to vote for Obama. It had to take a representative from this idiot's OWN PARTY to convince her to take the effigy down.

A real quality American to be sure. Give me a break.

Be sure to check out the news report about the Obama effigy found on a Christian University in Oregon too. Now that was a good Christian move by the students who put that one up.

If this kind of crap keeps up, McCain will get his ass handed to him on Tuesday, and where's the sense in that? He's fighting an uphill battle as it is, and this kind of crap will just flip the fence sitters way over to Obama's camp because they will regard this kind of stuff as somesort of blanket indictment against all who support McCain.

Well, well, well. That didn't take long, did it.

Hang Palin in effigy and receive gushing endorsements from liberal old media, etc. "Freedom of speech", they lecture at us.

HOWEVER!! Do it to The Most Merciful.....Dear Leader...The Chosen One and...Well, THAT's not funny. That's an arrest

There's no freedom of speech issue here!! How could there be? It's a hate crime!!

It's funny because the tired liberal old media's double standard on EVERYTHING is SOOO predictable!!

:hysterical::hysterical:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/111...ama_effigy.html

.Ah my be he should have put Halloween decoration around it.

:hysterical:

The hatred part starts with the news artical by bringing racism into this.

Stealing materials does not equate to racisim.

Breaking laws is breaking laws and for that they deserve to be arrested. But bringing racism into this by the media is where the hatred part begins.

What you your not smoking kool-aid today?

Guest markham51
THIS is what they were arrested for.

The two suspects have been identified as Hunter Bush and Joe Fischer. They're charged with disorderly Conduct 2nd, Burglary 2nd, and theft by unlawful taking. Fischer is a UK student. Does anyone see anything about being arrested for a Federal hate crime? No? Neither do I.

By the way, has anyone Googled "Obama effigy"? NUMERIOUS HITS on that subject. In fact an Ohio resident and declaired racist by the name of Mike Lundsford had a video clip of his Obama effigy hanging from a tree in front of his house, and YouTube took it down because it was in violation of their TOS.

Google "Palin effigy" and all you get is the F'in moron in West Hollywood CA, who by the way finally saw the light and took the Palin effigy down after the Mayor stopped by and had a word or two with the idiot.

And here's another winner:

REDONDO BEACH — A lynched effigy of Democratic candidate Barack Obama came down here after police officers and a representative from John McCain's local campaign office paid a visit to the resident and convinced her to take it down, according to authorities.

Emotions stirred in a Redondo Beach neighborhood Wednesday when the resident hung an effigy of Sen. Barack Obama from her balcony with a meat cleaver slashed through his throat as a Halloween display.

The figure outside Lisa Castaneda's house north of 190th Street is a likeness of the Democratic presidential candidate with his necktie pulled tight and hung from a post, his jacket covered with blood and a sign in red that reads, "Nobama.".....

Castaneda said she supports the Republican candidate, Sen. John McCain. She said the Obama effigy simply makes a statement that he is not fit to be president.

"I disapprove of him, period," she said. "I am appalled by a man who is so close to being our president who won't put his hand on the Bible, who won't wear a flag pin."

"I just made the Nobama sign," she said. "My intention is really a statement on how I am obviously for McCain."

Castaneda recently forwarded an anti-Obama e-mail to some neighbors, including Obama supporters.

"What does Obama prefer to read?" the message asks. "He is reading 'The Post-American World.' It is Muslim's (sic) view on the fall and collapse of the United States as a Super Power. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!"

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. A MEAT CLEVER SLASHED THROUGH THE THROAT???!!!!

Jerkoff's like these folks only serve to drive people to vote for Obama. It had to take a representative from this idiot's OWN PARTY to convince her to take the effigy down.

A real quality American to be sure. Give me a break.

Be sure to check out the news report about the Obama effigy found on a Christian University in Oregon too. Now that was a good Christian move by the students who put that one up.

If this kind of crap keeps up, McCain will get his ass handed to him on Tuesday, and where's the sense in that? He's fighting an uphill battle as it is, and this kind of crap will just flip the fence sitters way over to Obama's camp because they will regard this kind of stuff as somesort of blanket indictment against all who support McCain.

+1 My point exactly. They weren't arrested for a hate crime. Just another Jaydub post designed to promote hatred between the two camps (and between members on this site)

I will be glad when this campaign is over. I can go back to respecting those I now find myself so disappointed in. It may take another generation for passive/aggressive racism to pass. Obama in offfice will go a long way to help bring us together.

...for some reason I have been mulling over and stressing over your statement.....I actually believe that at the end of the day all of us Americans have more in common that we do have as differences....we share the same goals and aspirations for the most part. We just disagree, sometimes vehemently, on how to achieve them. For some reason, it seems easier to believe in what we feel if we can portray the other side as idiots or lacking logic, or demonize them in some fashion. This applies to both sides equally. No one should feel that those who differ from your approaches are ignorant or evil, and hopefully they can reciprocate.

GT500flyboy, just because Obama is not my candidate, I do not believe that those who support him are evil and misguided. I do honestly believe that having him as president, as well as having a democratic house and senate, will allow some (possibly much) legislature to pass that I think is wrong and bad for the country. I really hope that you will not really lose respect for all of those who disagree with your politics, if for no other reason than the country is pretty split 50-50 on politics right now, and that is a large pool of folks to not care for.......

Rambling here, but please do not personalize the politics, we all share the goals, but not the method. It would be best if we could just all acknowledge that and argue the facts of the methods.......

...for some reason I have been mulling over and stressing over your statement.....I actually believe that at the end of the day all of us Americans have more in common that we do have as differences....we share the same goals and aspirations for the most part. We just disagree, sometimes vehemently, on how to achieve them. For some reason, it seems easier to believe in what we feel if we can portray the other side as idiots or lacking logic, or demonize them in some fashion. This applies to both sides equally. No one should feel that those who differ from your approaches are ignorant or evil, and hopefully they can reciprocate.

GT500flyboy, just because Obama is not my candidate, I do not believe that those who support him are evil and misguided. I do honestly believe that having him as president, as well as having a democratic house and senate, will allow some (possibly much) legislature to pass that I think is wrong and bad for the country. I really hope that you will not really lose respect for all of those who disagree with your politics, if for no other reason than the country is pretty split 50-50 on politics right now, and that is a large pool of folks to not care for.......

Rambling here, but please do not personalize the politics, we all share the goals, but not the method. It would be best if we could just all acknowledge that and argue the facts of the methods.......

Thanks for that, bud. Great post.

Thanks for that, bud. Great post.

..all of the bitterness that was brewing brought me to the point of thinking beyond the election. And after all, family is family, mafia style that is..... :D ...ok, as shelby owners and fans also... :hysterical:

..neither of the candidates will destroy the country, and neither will solve all of its ills......that is up to the citizens to work toward.....

..all of the bitterness that was brewing brought me to the point of thinking beyond the election. And after all, family is family, mafia style that is..... :D ...ok, as shelby owners and fans also... :hysterical:

..neither of the candidates will destroy the country, and neither will solve all of its ills......that is up to the citizens to work toward.....

Our country was built on the principle that governments are imperfect - and it is our patriotic duty to always question government power and strive to make it a better. This is democracy in action. It is not always a pleasant process.

And just by winning doesn't make one party or the other right or wrong. No one can ever say the majority that wins is necessarily right. Majority simply wins. It is then on them to do their best to make things better. They get a shot - and if they blow it - they'll be voted out the next time. It is our process.

Each time the Presidential election rolls around, I'm encouraged. True - I do get emotional and upset, but what I really get a kick out of - is how so many are just as passionate about our country as I am. It's heart warming and encouraging that so many feel so strongly about our American experiment - and never want it to fail. There is no apathy present here.

It's been said - democracy is the worst system in the world - except for all the rest.

Archived