TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 gt 500 vs. 07 gt-h future collectibility

hey guys,

just wanted a few comments. i have an oprotunity to get a matching set 06-07 gt-h, but in the process i have to give up my gt-500. what do you guys think? now of course i am taking a loss on my gt-500 right now figured about 10k. but i think in the long term it will be worth it. other huge benefit my wife is into it and we can both goto car shows and she will have her own car to show.

I think you answered your question on the last line of your post, but if your looking for a long range collectible that might be the way to go. Why not have the two cars for both you & your wife to enjoy now & not worry about the future price of the cars who knows what they will be worth life to short to worry.

I think it is real cool. To b able to share a common interest is awesome (his & hers). What number are they? As for value and collectabiity, only time will tell. Live and enjoy for today, not the future. Life is very short.

Good luck with your decission.

I think it is real cool. To b able to share a common interest is awesome (his & hers). What number are they? As for value and collectabiity, only time will tell. Live and enjoy for today, not the future. Life is very short.

It all depends on what the two of you enjoy and how you like to spend your time together.

I have a 40th Anniversery GT500 and my wife has a 08 SGT convertible. We like going to the shows but when they're 4 hours away, it can be a long haul in 2 cars. We love both the cars but usually take them out one at a time around home so we can go out together; other wise I have to keep away from stop lights when I'm next to her!!

As far as future value, there are soo many GT500's now that I don't think they are going to make you any money. That's one reason I decided to have a 40th conversion, plus the fact that the handling is like driving a totally different car. I think there are still less than 200 packages sold so they may payoff later. With that in mind, I have several hundred miles of track time on the car and 8000 miles over all. They are fun to have and use.

I hope that helps.

they are # 235. my thought was to get two personnal tags on the coupe HIS 235 and the converaible get HER 235.

How much more do you have to pay once you sell your car? Do you have a buyer for your car? You do not want to buy the Hertz cars and not be able to sell your 500; that could be a bit costly. If you can get both Hertz cars for $60,000 to $70,000 that would be a good deal and if you can sell your GT500 for $40,000 or more that would be a good deal. I guess if the difference was less than $20,000 then yes I would do it becasue then you do have two cars instead of one. Keep in mind MOST of the Hertz cars have had the crap beat out of them and are in rough shape. Don't get me wrong not all of them but most of them. I was going to buy one but backed out because it was T-Boned on the drivers side and the only way I found that out was bringing it in to a FORD dealership to have it inspected prior to purchase you couldn't really tell until it was up on a lift. CARFAX is useless when it comes to rent a cars.

I have the 07 GTH convertible (never rented!), bought for $54,000 April this year (looking at payments for 5 years!) with 251 miles. I'm up to 957 miles now on weekends only. Runs sunny days only. It gets attention like an Italian exotic where ever I go. I drive a landcruiser most of the time and I have to tell you, when I get into this shelby, it takes me to another place! They only make 500 each. How can you go wrong? I don't expect to get my money back for a long time but I look at it like you only live once and you sure can't take it with you. If it makes you happy (I am way, way happy with this car!!), go for it and don't look back.

Archived