TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Christmas bash at the Boulder Museum

JeffJ

This year looks like another great year for the Shelby Christmas party at the Shelby American Collection in Boulder. Many more great names coming this year. Who is going? Carrie and I will be there.

Saturday December 6th, 2008

This year is a tribute to the many talented people without whom Shelby American would not have enjoyed its great successes. From engineers, mechanics and manufacturing people to office and support staff members, many people played critical roles in building what would become an automotive legend.

This year, as in the past, we are pleased to have several important contributors to the success of Shelby American join us to celebrate our Twelfth Anniversary. Led by Carroll Shelby, an extraordinary list of special guests will join us this year including:

Phil Remington - Director of R&D, Shelby American

Lew Spencer - Shelby American Driver and Shelby TransAm Team Manager

Chuck Cantwell - Shelby American GT-350 Project Engineer

Charlie Agapiou - Shelby American Mechanic/Fabricator

Ron Butler - Shelby American Mechanic/Fabricator

Bernie Kretzschmar - Shelby American Mechanic/Fabricator

Ted Sutton - Shelby American Mechanic/Fabricator

Sue Schafran Warne - Personal Secretary to Ken Miles, Phil Remington and Al Dowd

Bob Bondurant - Winner 1964 Le Mans GT and 1965 F.I.A. World Manufacturers’ Championship

Jack Sears - Winner 1965 F.I.A. World Manufacturers’ Championship

Sir John Whitmore - Winner 1965 F.I.A. World Manufacturers’ Championship and 1964 GT TT

Tom Yeager - Shelby American and TransAm Driver

Bill Neale - Renowned Automotive Artis

This year’s party will feature a silent auction of Shelby American memorabilia including many interesting and collectible items. There will be an open bar with hors d’ouvres served. Doors open at 6 pm.

Admission is $125.00 per person and is limited to 350 guests. Sign-up deadline is November 26th. Register by mail or by fax using the enclosed form.

Autograph Session

Carroll Shelby has agreed to sign a very limited number of autographs at the party. Autograph session tokens will be available at the Museum for $100 each. Tokens will be available 1 per person on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please do not bring car parts for signatures. These items will not be signed.

The autograph session will begin promptly at 7:30 pm.

Details here:

Shelby American Collection

Picture from last year of my wife and I and Carroll

shelbychristmas6.JPG

Can anyone confirm that Carroll will actually be there? I'd be rather miffed if I went and he wasn't able to make it. I'm actually surprised that he has agreed to attend again. Being nearly 86, chances are decent that he just won't feel like it. Then again, if he's there, I don't want to miss it.

Well, they're selling Carroll Shelby autographs for $100 each, so he better be there.

Last year I spoke to the guy who runs the place and asked him when was the best time to arrive. He said 6 o'clock. I said, "No, I want to make sure that I can get a signature token. I've never met Carroll." He said 6 was fine, and that these events weren't really that crowded. No need to come early.... yeah, right!

I got there a few minutes before 6 and the line to get in wrapped around the building. And yes, all the tokens were sold out by the time I got in. I was ticked! Don't be late, Melissa!

Archived