TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber's GT500 Coupe is in the ORDER Bank

Grabber

Dave and Jeff: you have been very helpfull. I found the order No: 1000 and the Dealer number : F74505 and the body code T88 / 820A. So would I be able to call customer service and give them those numbers and get a status ? Or is this something that the dealer has to do for me ? On my order it says Order type: 1 what does that mean. Here is a photo of my order. Could you look at it and see if you can determine the status of my order ? I am having some trouble with this. I really appreciate your time.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave and Jeff: you have been very helpfull. I found the order No: 1000 and the Dealer number : F74505 and the body code T88 / 820A. So would I be able to call customer service and give them those numbers and get a status ? Or is this something that the dealer has to do for me ? On my order it says Order type: 1 what does that mean. Here is a photo of my order. Could you look at it and see if you can determine the status of my order ? I am having some trouble with this. I really appreciate your time.

Rob,

I think the dealer should have received a DORA after this sheet. It would probably have only a partial VIN# on it (that is what happened in my case...). To call Customer Service for info you need a full VIN, which your dealer wouldn't receive until Ford is ready to "pull" their order. Your dealer might be able to get more info on timeline from their regional rep (seen lots of posts about letters regarding allocations) or through the Vehicle Order Processing Center (I have called this number myself but (imo) Ford has it set to kick out any inquiries involving Shelby's, and then you have to pretend to be an employee at the dealership...and need the first 2 and last 8 #'s of the VIN to get any info).

Sorry I can't be of any more help?....

Just saw the info on your sig.

If the order was accepted today your dealer should get a VIN tomorrow (Monday at the latest!). Then you can call CS. Lately it seems like they're taking about 3-1/2 to 4 weeks from this point to production and another 3+ weeks to delivery.

Ps. Mine is GO coupe w/white stripes too! :rockon:

Rob,

I think the dealer should have received a DORA after this sheet. It would probably have only a partial VIN# on it (that is what happened in my case...). To call Customer Service for info you need a full VIN, which your dealer wouldn't receive until Ford is ready to "pull" their order. Your dealer might be able to get more info on timeline from their regional rep (seen lots of posts about letters regarding allocations) or through the Vehicle Order Processing Center (I have called this number myself but (imo) Ford has it set to kick out any inquiries involving Shelby's, and then you have to pretend to be an employee at the dealership...and need the first 2 and last 8 #'s of the VIN to get any info).

Sorry I can't be of any more help?....

Just saw the info on your sig.

If the order was accepted today your dealer should get a VIN tomorrow (Monday at the latest!). Then you can call CS. Lately it seems like they're taking about 3-1/2 to 4 weeks from this point to production and another 3+ weeks to delivery.

Ps. Mine is GO coupe w/white stripes too! :rockon:

Thanks for all that information. I will be calling the dealer in the morning. If the timeline you estimate is true, I should have my car in 2 months. My B-Day is on 12/30, and it would make for sweet day.

Good luck Rob my gt500 was ordered in may 06 i still have no vin # yet . I think my dealer is only recieving four units in total . They have only delivered one so far. My gt500 will be the last car they will get for the 2007 model year. The dealership said i will most likely recieve it next spring when its my dealerships turn to get cars built again .

Good luck Rob my gt500 was ordered in may 06 i still have no vin # yet . I think my dealer is only recieving four units in total . They have only delivered one so far. My gt500 will be the last car they will get for the 2007 model year. The dealership said i will most likely recieve it next spring when its my dealerships turn to get cars built again .

Is your order in the "order bank" ? It obviously is not accepted yet, and on material hold. Were you able to get a copy of the order with your name on it ? Kind of frustrating is'nt it :banghead:

This is posted from another location. I'm no expert...so use as you wish.

To check an order, there are three things you need:

1. Order number

2. Dealer code

3. Body type

Priority code – this is useless once a VIN is assigned. The codes run from 1-99, and the dealer can only assign numbers from 10-99. Priorities below 10 are rare, normally for things like if the first order was destroyed in transit. They don’t cross dealers. In other words, a 10 at one dealership would be the same as a 40 at another dealership so long as neither dealership has no numbers lower than the number. More than one car can have the same priority. In this case, they look at Order type (retail is highest priority), then order date.

Order Status fields:

1.Matl Hold – Something is not available for the car to build.

2.Unschd/clean – unit is not scheduled. No VIN, no date, no guarantee to build. It is buildable once allocations and commodities allow.

3.Submitted to plant – Unit has been assigned a VIN and an assembly plant.

4.Scheduled – has a VIN and a build date

5.Locked in – changes can no longer be made

6.Bucked – unit is close to production. The car frame is carried on a “buck” that moves it along the line.

7.Produced – unit has been built.

8.Rel from plant – Unit is through inspection, ready to ship. May also say rel to Rail or rel to Convoy.

9.ttgxx1234567 – rail car number

10.Arrived at ramp XX – Car has been unloaded at rail head.

Key terms:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order. When the order is received from the dealers (You give the dealer a deposit and they put the order into the order bank.)

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created. When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered.

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built

When they figure (roughly) that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built

When they figure the exact day that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day

When they figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers

P.S. I don't know what some of the terms mean...such as MP&L or VO.

I'm tempted to add this to the FAQ..but it's very long. What does everyone think?

Dave

Great info Dave , I think you should add it , it spells it out very well provides a much better understanding of the whole process.

Thanks for sharing, George.....

key terms:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order. When the order is received from the dealers (You give the dealer a deposit and they put the order into the order bank.)

Terry: After reading thru the info. you gave me, I think that my vehicle is probally at the "Receipt Date" status. It's gonna be a long winter. <_<

1. Order number

2. Dealer code

3. Body type

Priority code – this is useless once a VIN is assigned. The codes run from 1-99, and the dealer can only assign numbers from 10-99. Priorities below 10 are rare, normally for things like if the first order was destroyed in transit. They don’t cross dealers. In other words, a 10 at one dealership would be the same as a 40 at another dealership so long as neither dealership has no numbers lower than the number. More than one car can have the same priority. In this case, they look at Order type (retail is highest priority), then order date.

Order Status fields:

2.Unschd/clean – unit is not scheduled. No VIN, no date, no guarantee to build. It is buildable once allocations and commodities allow.

6.Bucked – unit is close to production. The car frame is carried on a “buck” that moves it along the line.

8.Rel from plant – Unit is through inspection, ready to ship. May also say rel to Rail or rel to Convoy.

Key terms:

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created. When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered.

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day

When they figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

I'm tempted to add this to the FAQ..but it's very long. What does everyone think?

Dave

Dave:

I think this should definately go on the FAQ this is great info for people that have just ordered & others that are waiting that seem to ask alot of the same questions in regards to their vehicle order.

Thanks for posting this info.

STSVT: It turns out that I got excited for nothing. The dealer told me that my order was accepted, but after talking to him today; he ment the order was"Recorded" and in the order bank. He said that the order was not kicked back and that it was placed correctly. He said "rest assured my friend, our only allotment has your name on the order". I sent him all the steps that Dave posted and he now realizes I want to be involved in all the steps. The Fleet guy has agreed to keep a eye on the order and I am suppose to call him every Thursday if I do not here from him before hand. I am going to chill now , it least till next Thursday. :mellow:

1. Order number

2. Dealer code

3. Body type

Order Status fields:

Key terms:

Dave

I had to dig this out, but I think it's worth refreshing for those of us moving out of material hold.

THANK YOU DAVE, for posting this. It is a relief to know the up coming stages! :cheerleader:

And the 64 thousand dollar question is will I get the job 2 up grades, or get pulled first? Opening line at 2-1 for job 2 added.

I have been asking the dealer for a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement) for my car. I have a copy of the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation). The dealer was unable to get it for me and has put me in contact with the Zone Manager for Ford Sales Operations to obtain it.

I learned this evening from the Zone manager (via e-mail) that my order: "will not be submitted to plant until first quarter 2007. Until that time, it will sit in the order bank, unscheduled. Your dealer will earn one allocation for 1 Shelby in the 1st quarter of 2007 - so yes, your order should be pulled no later than March 2007".

I was lead to believe that a DORA was generated as soon as the VOC was submitted. Now I am hearing that the DORA may not be generated until the vehicle is serialized and submitted to plant. Do any of you guys have a copy of your DORA, and if so when was it made available to you?? :headscratch:

I have been asking the dealer for a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement) for my car. I have a copy of the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation). The dealer was unable to get it for me and has put me in contact with the Zone Manager for Ford Sales Operations to obtain it.

I learned this evening from the Zone manager (via e-mail) that my order: "will not be submitted to plant until first quarter 2007. Until that time, it will sit in the order bank, unscheduled. Your dealer will earn one allocation for 1 Shelby in the 1st quarter of 2007 - so yes, your order should be pulled no later than March 2007".

I was lead to believe that a DORA was generated as soon as the VOC was submitted. Now I am hearing that the DORA may not be generated until the vehicle is serialized and submitted to plant. Do any of you guys have a copy of your DORA, and if so when was it made available to you?? :headscratch:

Rob, when I bought a 03 Mach 1 I sat in the sales managers office as he ordered my car and printed me the DORA, I know this isn't my call but if I had to wait until March just to be pulled and was paying a ADM I would seriously considering buying one now, I said it before that these ADM's "should" be smaller or gone completly by the next model year and I would not commit to an ADM so far out...you could no doubt find the same car with options sitting somewhere now and get the deal you want. I'm paying 10K over but my car will be here in two weeks....no way would I commit to a 10K ADM for a possible April.May delivery of next year....but that's just me...(I also said I would never pay MSRP again for a car (Mach 1) now look at me paying a ADM) :doh:

My order was punched in at the dealer on March 16 2006 at about 9:00AM. At about 11:00AM I got a print of my DORA. The DORA is an acknowledgement that Ford has your order in their order bank. It is the first thing that happens,

DORA March 2006

Unsched/clean March2006 - June 2006

Matl hold June 2006 - Oct 19, 2006

Sub to Plt Oct 19, 2006 - ????

next step is Scheduled or Bucked depending how quick they are

My initial build date is Nov. 13

If your order was punched in YOU SHOULD HAVE A DORA! Every car at my dealer that has been ordered has a DORA. Hope this helps.

I wonder if the reason your DORA was printed at the dealer within 2 hours was because their allocation was earned and reconized at that time. My small dealer does not earn his allocation until the 1st quarter of 2007, so maybe that is why there is no DORA yet. :headscratch:

Rob, a DORA is generated automatically for each order input into the system, and typicallly shows up electronically the next morning with other electronic reports from Ford already printed at the dealership. A DORA is just an acknowledgement that Ford has received the order, it does guarantee that a car will ever be built so it is not contingent on your dealer having allocation or your order being pulled yet. In summary, there is a DORA for your order, assuming your dealer actually entered your order in the system. The Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) is just a print screen and is not an actual, submitted order. Only the DORA proves that Ford has the order in the system.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Oct 27 2006, 09:18 AM) 53341[/snapback]

Rob, a DORA is generated automatically for each order input into the system, and typicallly shows up electronically the next morning with other electronic reports from Ford already printed at the dealership. A DORA is just an acknowledgement that Ford has received the order, it does guarantee that a car will ever be built so it is not contingent on your dealer having allocation or your order being pulled yet. In summary, there is a DORA for your order, assuming your dealer actually entered your order in the system. The Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) is just a print screen and is not an actual, submitted order. Only the DORA proves that Ford has the order in the system.

It seems that the folks that I am conducting buisness with are not as familiar with the process as you are. This question about my DORA has gone from the dealer, to the Region Rep. Zone manager, and now to Ford Corparate in Denver. I am still waiting for a reply to my simple question: "Can I have a copy of my DORA?". This has been going on now for 2 weeks. :glare:

Something fishy there Rob. I too got a DORA as soon as I placed my order. I watched them file the order. Maybe your dealer didn't place the order until????? But for a rep to tell you the same story is smelling like bad cod. 5OHB is the man in Washington state. His word on here has been batting 1k before anyone really knew diddley. Maybe he can help you out? But rest assured what he posts he knows unless he say's it's speculation. Good luck.

I was told my order would be pulled no later then 12/31/06. This coming from my zone rep. It may happen sooner,but I wont get my hopes up. Not that it matters. I wont even be driving it home in the new england winter. If the stripes look bad,I probably will trailer it right to my painter to paint the stripes.

Something fishy there Rob. I too got a DORA as soon as I placed my order. I watched them file the order. Maybe your dealer didn't place the order until????? But for a rep to tell you the same story is smelling like bad cod. 5OHB is the man in Washington state. His word on here has been batting 1k before anyone really knew diddley. Maybe he can help you out? But rest assured what he posts he knows unless he say's it's speculation. Good luck.

I was told my order would be pulled no later then 12/31/06. This coming from my zone rep. It may happen sooner,but I wont get my hopes up. Not that it matters. I wont even be driving it home in the new england winter. If the stripes look bad,I probably will trailer it right to my painter to paint the stripes.

Your right, something fishy here :headscratch: . I am seeking some opinions from Five Oh B.

I am now getting somewhere on finding My DORA. This is what I have found out:

The NW Region Rep placed my VOC, Not the dealer. She e-mailed me and said that the DORA should of printed the morning of 10/17 at the dealership automatically. She says that the dealer just needs to find it for me. It is apparently in a stack of paper somewhere. She says that she can not order a duplicate until A VIN# is assigned - which will happen after the 1st of the year. She then said " I CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE THAT THE ORDER IS IN THE SYSTEM".

One thing I must say is that the quick responses from this Ford Rep. directly to me is great customer service. She really cares. B)

The Dealer let me take home the banner. It's flying in the garage above wifeys GT/CS. Take a look. It's kind of cool. Now when I take the garbage out, the PSSD will elevate a notch. :blink:

I had to dig this out, but I think it's worth refreshing for those of us moving out of material hold.

THANK YOU DAVE, for posting this. It is a relief to know the up coming stages! :cheerleader:

And the 64 thousand dollar question is will I get the job 2 up grades, or get pulled first? Opening line at 2-1 for job 2 added.

Noolds, What do you mean by "Opening line at 2-1 for job 2 added". ? :headscratch:

I had my DORA the day after I placed my order. He faxed me a copy. The DORA simply is a way for Ford to say "We see that you've submitted your order". It does NOT mean they accept the order....your order is not officially accepted until you have a VIN.

You and the zone manager may be talking past each other. Did you specifically ask him/her "when you say it won't be submitted to plant until Jan 07, does that mean I won't get my DORA until then?". The DORA and the order "pull" are two completely separate processes.

Good luck.

Dave

Edit: Just read the other responses....looks like you need to badger your dealer to look for your DORA on (or under) his desk.

I am now getting somewhere on finding My DORA. This is what I have found out:

The NW Region Rep placed my VOC, Not the dealer. She e-mailed me and said that the DORA should of printed the morning of 10/17 at the dealership automatically. She says that the dealer just needs to find it for me. It is apparently in a stack of paper somewhere. She says that she can not order a duplicate until A VIN# is assigned - which will happen after the 1st of the year. She then said " I CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE THAT THE ORDER IS IN THE SYSTEM".

One thing I must say is that the quick responses from this Ford Rep. directly to me is great customer service. She really cares. B)

The Dealer let me take home the banner. It's flying in the garage above wifeys GT/CS. Take a look. It's kind of cool. Now when I take the garbage out, the PSSD will elevate a notch. :blink:

That garage is to clean :happy feet:

Rob, hopefully your dealer can sift through the stack of papers and find your DORA. My wife is our dealer's inventory manager, so she is the one who gets all the Ford reports including DORA's. She's been there 10 years and her system to keep, store, distribute, and track paperwork is flawless. I'm sure that many dealers have frequent turnover and issues with keeping things straight when new hires come through, so it's not hard to imagine a dealer misplacing paperwork, but it's still unfortunate.

Your garage looks great. We just received a white GT/CS the other day. I'm not usually a fan of white cars, but the GT/CS looks great in white! We also have a redfire and vista blue GT/CS on the lot now. All three - red, white, and blue - are available for sale below MSRP. Ford shipped us tons of extra Mustangs, too, as a reward for high Mustang sales volumes (all priced below MSRP). The only Mustangs they didn't send extras of was GT500's, of course!

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Oct 28 2006, 09:49 AM) 53635[/snapback]

Rob, hopefully your dealer can sift through the stack of papers and find your DORA. My wife is our dealer's inventory manager, so she is the one who gets all the Ford reports including DORA's. She's been there 10 years and her system to keep, store, distribute, and track paperwork is flawless. I'm sure that many dealers have frequent turnover and issues with keeping things straight when new hires come through, so it's not hard to imagine a dealer misplacing paperwork, but it's still unfortunate.

Your garage looks great. We just received a white GT/CS the other day. I'm not usually a fan of white cars, but the GT/CS looks great in white! We also have a redfire and vista blue GT/CS on the lot now. All three - red, white, and blue - are available for sale below MSRP. Ford shipped us tons of extra Mustangs, too, as a reward for high Mustang sales volumes (all priced below MSRP). The only Mustangs they didn't send extras of was GT500's, of course!

I am not worried about the DORA anymore since the Reg. Rep has assured me it was created, and that she personally ordered my car. I found it odd that another copy can't be printed. Is that typical ?

Rob:

Do you have a vin#???

Shelby001: I have no VIN# yet. The DORA was sent to the dealer electronically the day after the Reg. Rep ordered my car. She ordered it from a remote location (her office, not the dealership). I am in communication with her, and she has assurred me my order is in the system. I spoke to the dealer and they are looking for the DORA but it printed 11 days ago. I PM'ed FIVE OH B, and it turns out that he knows the Rep. and says I am in good hands. Five Oh B also verified for me that duplicate DORA's can not be re-printed unless the order is revised. Anyways, I am not sweatting it. My day will come sometime in Q1. Untill then I will have to just look at the poster in my garage. B)

Shelby001: I have no VIN# yet. The DORA was sent to the dealer electronically the day after the Reg. Rep ordered my car. She ordered it from a remote location (her office, not the dealership). I am in communication with her, and she has assurred me my order is in the system. I spoke to the dealer and they are looking for the DORA but it printed 11 days ago. I PM'ed FIVE OH B, and it turns out that he knows the Rep. and says I am in good hands. Five Oh B also verified for me that duplicate DORA's can not be re-printed unless the order is revised. Anyways, I am not sweatting it. My day will come sometime in Q1. Untill then I will have to just look at the poster in my garage. B)

Just thought you would have received a vin# . Good LucK. Nice garage.

Just thought you would have received a vin# . Good LucK. Nice garage.

After chatting with Five OH B, There is a partial VIN# created when the DORA is printed. That number is for the Make & Style of the car. So I guess you could say I have a partial VIN#. !!!

Five Oh B : Your helpfull information has allowed me to talk to my dealer and the Ford Region Rep. about technical ordering information. Thank you so much for your help. I should of asked to get the DORA document the day after the revised order was placed. The dealer has lost the DORA document or it was thrown away with other papers.

The Ford Region Rep. has given me wonderful customer service. I want to post a e-mail that she sent me today after I told her the document was lost. Her customer service is TOP NOTCH.

Here it is:

Hi Rob -

Yes, I did place the revised order for your car and that order is in the system and accepted. I commit to you that I will keep an eye on it and advise you of any and all updates. Assuming everything will go according to plan, nothing will take place until 1Q 2007, at which time I will let you know that your order is being submitted to the plant for actual build. Soon after that takes place, a VIN# will be issued and a duplicate DORA can be ordered and sent to you.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

P.S. Glad to hear you got positive feedback from your friend in Kent ~ I think very highly of XXXX Ford and all their employees.

HOWS THAT FOR GREAT FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE. :happy feet:

This Rep. is Great. She knows your dealership well and speaks highly of you guys. She also has made some commitments to keep me informed, and I really like that. I know now that I can get accurate up to date info on my GT500. Thank you MC, your customer service is great. :rockon:

I don't mean to stir anything up here, but.....don't you think paying such a high adm for a March delivery is risky??? prices could be way down by then, also I would think you could find one on the ground to purchase now for a 15K adm....Orf pointed me to his first deal that was due in late Oct... exactly the car I was looking for...I'm paying 10 over but I'll have it in three weeks....again...no flame intended here...

Boy howdy, those are GOOD points! We're still in the first three months of deliveries of the jacked up cars. The prices WILL slowly spiral down. my thinking anyway... My .02

Archived