TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber's GT500 Coupe is in the ORDER Bank

Grabber

Well, today was the day :yahoo: . I have been looking & calling for 2 months to try to get a car and a rock solid contract. I was going to waite for the 07 GT Shelby, or the 08 Bullitt, but I got a call from a small dealer in St. Helens (yes thats the mountian that blew) that I have been speaking with for over a month. They are getting 1 car. The order is in the "order bank" and on "material hold". They have been told that they will get the car no later then March. I put 5K down, and got a good contract that they also signed. I got a copy of the order too. I had them write all kinds of stuff on the contract that I learned from you guys. I had them sign all the write ins also. The fleet guy Ken was great - thanks ken. The 07 GT/CS is wifeys car, and she is very happy with it. The GT500 has been ordered with all options and Red with the white stripes. I need to decide what color I really want. I might just stick with the Red. I know you all are wondering :unsure: about the ADM. It was 15K. The car is worth it to me B) , and I plan on keeping the car till I can't drive it anymore. The wait now begins.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, today was the day :yahoo: . I have been looking & calling for 2 months to try to get a car and a rock solid contract. I was going to waite for the 07 GT Shelby, or the 08 Bullitt, but I got a call from a small dealer in St. Helens (yes thats the mountian that blew) that I have been speaking with for over a month. They are getting 1 car. The order is in the "order bank" and on "material hold". They have been told that they will get the car in March. I put 5K down, and got a good contract that they also signed. I got a copy of the order too. I had them write all kinds of stuff on the contract that I learned from you guys. I had them sign all the write ins also. The fleet guy Ken was great - thanks ken. The 07 GT/CS is now my wifes car, and she is very happy with it. The GT500 has been ordered with all options and Red with the white stripes. I need to decide what color I really want. I might just stick with the Red. I know you all are wondering :unsure: about the ADM. It was 15K. The car is worth it to me B) , and I plan on keeping the car till I can't drive it anymore. The waite now begins.

I don't mean to stir anything up here, but.....don't you think paying such a high adm for a March delivery is risky??? prices could be way down by then, also I would think you could find one on the ground to purchase now for a 15K adm....Orf pointed me to his first deal that was due in late Oct... exactly the car I was looking for...I'm paying 10 over but I'll have it in three weeks....again...no flame intended here...

I don't mean to stir anything up here, but.....don't you think paying such a high adm for a March delivery is risky??? prices could be way down by then, also I would think you could find one on the ground to purchase now for a 15K adm....Orf pointed me to his first deal that was due in late Oct... exactly the car I was looking for...I'm paying 10 over but I'll have it in three weeks....again...no flame intended here...

Hi Cutter: You have some good points that I pondered. For me, I did not want to go several states away to buy a car, seemed like a big hassle to me. This dealer is 40 miles from my house.I also did not want to deal with the shipping stuff.The ADM's in March are unkown now, and I am not going to look back. It is a done deal. Watched E-bay for 2 months, and was not interested in that scenerio. I also have the availability change the color of the car. I Might go with Grabber Orange. Also might get the navigation system. I have some time to order it the way I want it. Winter is almost here for the NW. Rain,Rain, and more Rain & some snow & ice occaisionally, so March is fine, I will have the car for Spring. What color is your car?

Hi Cutter: You have some good points that I pondered. For me, I did not want to go several states away to buy a car, seemed like a big hassle to me. This dealer is 40 miles from my house.I also did not want to deal with the shipping stuff.The ADM's in March are unkown now, and I am not going to look back. It is a done deal. Watched E-bay for 2 months, and was not interested in that scenerio. I also have the availability change the color of the car. I Might go with Grabber Orenge. Also might get the navigation system. I have some time to order it the way I want it. Winter is almost here for the NW. Rain,Rain, and more Rain & some snow & ice occaisionally, so March is fine, I will have the car for Spring. What color is your car?

:shift:

fyi, a color can always be changed anytime providing a VIN hasn't been assigned. Congrats though.........

Hi Cutter: You have some good points that I pondered. For me, I did not want to go several states away to buy a car, seemed like a big hassle to me. This dealer is 40 miles from my house.I also did not want to deal with the shipping stuff.The ADM's in March are unkown now, and I am not going to look back. It is a done deal. Watched E-bay for 2 months, and was not interested in that scenerio. I also have the availability change the color of the car. I Might go with Grabber Orenge. Also might get the navigation system. I have some time to order it the way I want it. Winter is almost here for the NW. Rain,Rain, and more Rain & some snow & ice occaisionally, so March is fine, I will have the car for Spring. What color is your car?

It is an alloy vert with red inserts, should be built next week, I'm with you on not wanting to wait out the adm's...don't like them...and I've never paid one in the past...but I really want this car and yes I know I'm adding to the ADM problem....but its my money so I don't care what others decide to do.....wait it out if you want....I'm jumping on it now and if others don't agree so be it.....I'll have my GT500 sitting next to my 03 Mach 1 and 69 Z28... :woohoo:

Oh yeah...I really didn't want to go to far to buy one, but this dealer is only 400 miles away and me and my 14 year old son are going to make a weekend trip of it together...just the guys....he's more excited then me...thought about renting a car to drive up and drive the shelby back but I think I'll trailer it home with my F350 and 20 ft tilt bed...

Cutter: My 2 older kids are grown and gone, but my wife & I adopted another one 12 years ago, He too is so excited about the car (he's 12). David is helping me pick the colors. He to likes the Grabber orange, and after looking at Bone Doc's car and reading his impressions, It is pretty much a done deal - Grabber it is :happy feet: . Your son and you will have a blast :cheerleader: .

Well after a couple of days of bugging my dealer, it got done. My order is revised to order the car the way I want it. I also insisted that the Order have my NAME on it. It was nice to pick out the Color and interior and have it built the way I desire. This is what I am getting:

SHELBY COUPE - Grabber Orange W/ White Stripes

Black Interior

Shaker 1000 Audio

:cheerleader:

Now the dealer is working on the next step - finding out when my car will be "Sub to Plant". I am on "Material hold" now. They told me to stop by and pick up the big GT500 Banner that they are flying in the lobby. My son is excited to get the banner.

Well after a couple of days of bugging my dealer, it got done. My order is revised to order the car the way I want it. I also insisted that the Order have my NAME on it. It was nice to pick out the Color and interior and have it built the way I desire. This is what I am getting:

Black Interior

Shaker 1000 Audio

Now the dealer is working on the next step - finding out when my car will be "Sub to Plant". I am on "Material hold" now. They told me to stop by and pick up the big GT500 Banner that they are flying in the lobby. My son is excited to get the banner.

Congrats and join the club (material hold club). I ordered a grabber orange coupe on July 17 - still on material hold. I'm hoping it will be here by Christmas

Holy Crap!

And I thought my car took long.

Ouch, Your still calm?

The small dealer submitted the order a while back. He is part of a group of 13 dealers that had to draw some sort of lottery to get a car. Eight of those 13 dealers got a car. I was # 2 on a call list. #1 person backed out, so last Friday I signed a contract and put money down, so my waite has been short.

Mine was ordered on June 8, still Material Hold. I guess you could say I'm still calm, though my weekends involve a lot more headaches in the mornings...

Mark: Did the dealer give you any inclination on a date? Did you order it the way you wanted it ? How many cars was your dealer alloted? What color and style are you getting? Just courious.

Mine was ordered on June 8, still Material Hold. I guess you could say I'm still calm, though my weekends involve a lot more headaches in the mornings...

Is every one that mentioned material hold here getting GO? Just curoius, I think that's what put mine ahead of the other one at my dealer.... He wanted GO and was put on Material Hold?

The small dealer submitted the order a while back. He is part of a group of 13 dealers that had to draw some sort of lottery to get a car. Eight of those 13 dealers got a car. I was # 2 on a call list. #1 person backed out, so last Friday I signed a contract and put money down, so my waite has been short.

Are they still telling you next spring for your car?

Question.....I ordered my car on July 28 and got it on sept 15th. Black on black hard top. I have a friend at ford(gt500 marketing coordinator) and the only part that is on material hold is the Shaker 1000 on conv. only. Is that what everyone has on order?

Are they still telling you next spring for your car?

O6 RagtopGT: The regional rep for these 13 dealers is working to find this out. I am told that she is getting her information from the Ford Westerm Buisness Center in Denver. The March date that was floated out to me was a "not to exceed date". I hope to know more soon.

Question.....I ordered my car on July 28 and got it on sept 15th. Black on black hard top. I have a friend at ford(gt500 marketing coordinator) and the only part that is on material hold is the Shaker 1000 on conv. only. Is that what everyone has on order?

My order is for a coupe with a shaker 1000.

I did not order the shaker 1000. My problem is (I think) the car I ordered is number 4 for the dealership. They have received numbers 1 and 2. If I was was willing to settle for an alloy coupe, I could have had a powerlease car two months ago. I'm a grabber orange guy so I decided to wait it out. I have a BOSS 429 and BOSS 302, both grabber orange so its not like I don't have anything to drive but waiting for a VIN is difficult.

Black Interior

Shaker 1000 Audio

It looks like they are charging you for two gallons of gas. :banghead: Not to be a smart arse, but if that's all you are getting, you may not get a block from the dealership. This baby sucks :baby: gas.

It looks like they are charging you for two gallons of gas. :banghead: Not to be a smart arse, but if that's all you are getting, you may not get a block from the dealership. This baby sucks :baby: gas.

Sandy: Did'nt ya know that when you pay 15KADM that they throw in a tank of gas and the Shelby showroom banner :doh: . I got my flame suit on now.

This material hold has nothing to do with materials (such as the Shaker 1000). That is Ford's way of saying the dealership is not ready to get the car pulled yet. It does not matter when you ordered the car. It matters when the dealership is eligible to get it. You could have ordered in 1998 and you still won't get it until Ford says it is your dealer's turn to get one. If it is a small dealer or a large dealers 3rd, 4th or 5th car, it will stay on material hold until it is your turn.

This material hold has nothing to do with materials (such as the Shaker 1000). That is Ford's way of saying the dealership is not ready to get the car pulled yet. It does not matter when you ordered the car. It matters when the dealership is eligible to get it. You could have ordered in 1998 and you still won't get it until Ford says it is your dealer's turn to get one. If it is a small dealer or a large dealers 3rd, 4th or 5th car, it will stay on material hold until it is your turn.

You are correct. Sometimes waiting for your turn can be a real drag. Patience my friends. Your cars will arrive some day.

Today my dealer sent me a E-mail that said: "The order was accepted, it showed up on todays order report".

Is there any way my dealer can find out how long it will take to get to the next step which I think is "Sub to plant", and then "Scheduled" ???? or am I just at Fords mercy??? :unsure:

Today my dealer sent me a E-mail that said: "The order was accepted, it showed up on todays order report".

Is there any way my dealer can find out how long it will take to get to the next step which I think is "Sub to plant", and then "Scheduled" ???? or am I just at Fords mercy??? :unsure:

When its ordered I think your dealer should recieve a full vin# & an estimated build date.

When its ordered I think your dealer should recieve a full vin# & an estimated build date.

Last June when I ordered my GT/CS from a different dealer, the fleet guy told me the steps were:

1. Order accepted.

2. Sub to plant (plant selected to make the vehicle)

3. Scheduled (Vin# assigned and week of build determined)

4. Bucked (car on the assembly line)

5. Released from plant.

Are these steps correct??????

Last June when I ordered my GT/CS from a different dealer, the fleet guy told me the steps were:

1. Order accepted.

2. Sub to plant (plant selected to make the vehicle)

3. Scheduled (Vin# assigned and week of build determined)

4. Bucked (car on the assembly line)

5. Released from plant.

Are these steps correct??????

This is posted from another location. I'm no expert...so use as you wish.

To check an order, there are three things you need:

1. Order number

2. Dealer code

3. Body type

Priority code – this is useless once a VIN is assigned. The codes run from 1-99, and the dealer can only assign numbers from 10-99. Priorities below 10 are rare, normally for things like if the first order was destroyed in transit. They don’t cross dealers. In other words, a 10 at one dealership would be the same as a 40 at another dealership so long as neither dealership has no numbers lower than the number. More than one car can have the same priority. In this case, they look at Order type (retail is highest priority), then order date.

Order Status fields:

1.Matl Hold – Something is not available for the car to build.

2.Unschd/clean – unit is not scheduled. No VIN, no date, no guarantee to build. It is buildable once allocations and commodities allow.

3.Submitted to plant – Unit has been assigned a VIN and an assembly plant.

4.Scheduled – has a VIN and a build date

5.Locked in – changes can no longer be made

6.Bucked – unit is close to production. The car frame is carried on a “buck” that moves it along the line.

7.Produced – unit has been built.

8.Rel from plant – Unit is through inspection, ready to ship. May also say rel to Rail or rel to Convoy.

9.ttgxx1234567 – rail car number

10.Arrived at ramp XX – Car has been unloaded at rail head.

Key terms:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order. When the order is received from the dealers (You give the dealer a deposit and they put the order into the order bank.)

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created. When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered.

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built

When they figure (roughly) that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built

When they figure the exact day that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day

When they figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers

P.S. I don't know what some of the terms mean...such as MP&L or VO.

I'm tempted to add this to the FAQ..but it's very long. What does everyone think?

Dave

Order Status fields:

1.Matl Hold – Something is not available for the car to build. (or Dealer is not eligble for allotment yet)

2.Unschd/clean – unit is not scheduled. No VIN, no date, no guarantee to build. It is buildable once allocations and commodities allow.

3.Submitted to plant – Unit has been assigned a VIN and an assembly plant.

4.Scheduled – has a VIN and a build date

5.Locked in – changes can no longer be made

6.Bucked – unit is close to production. The car frame is carried on a “buck” that moves it along the line.

7.Produced – unit has been built.

8.Rel from plant – Unit is through inspection, ready to ship. May also say rel to Rail or rel to Convoy.

9.ttgxx1234567 – rail car number

10.Arrived at ramp XX – Car has been unloaded at rail head.

Dave,

Thanks for the FAQ sticky. Great asset for the board!

imo the above section would be informative for newer members....anyone have other thoughts?

Jeff.

Archived